The Australian Thread: Part Thirteen

hi! just thought i'd stop by and show some :wub2: to my australian friends!

sooooooooo good evening to you!

and good morning to me! (i need more coffee!!!!)

Hey Guylaine, my not-exchange-student-from-the-80's-friend!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:woot_jump: i just went to the movies to see What Happens In Vegas

and Grace Kelly was the opening song!!

i actually jumped out of my seat in excitement and my friend and bf were just rolled there eyes at me and didnt even pretend to be exicted

yeah.. sorry, felt i had to tell someone!

Hey Olivia!

This is the place to talk about anything!

Was it a good movie?

Heya Kelz .... woo hoo a bouncing cheeseburger !!!

Heya HK!

It's a happy cheeseburger because Bec cooked it..

Heya!! :naughty: I keep bumping into you!!

*offers you Aussie coffee*

And Heya CD, you appeared out of nowhere then!

Good Morning to you too !!! :boing: *hands you strong coffee* !!!

Hiya CD !! :boing:

EDIT: 'the little room' ..... hahaha :lmfao: *hasn't heard that in years *

Hi guys! Not quite out of nowhere Kelz, but I've been on and off in little snippets all day, so to me it just felt like I was continuing the conversation.

I was trying to think of a nicer way of writing toilet, dunny and loo being too ocker and I couldn't think of anything else!

yeahhhhhhhhh ... that would be me! :mf_rosetinted:

so... you of all people MUST know how to pronounce my name! :naughty:

Well, i only know how she pronounced hers which was like Elaine but with a hard "G" at the front. (Like garden and grapes) Is that how you say it?

How come no-one offers me coffee when i go to other threads? (not that I drink it:naughty:) Tis true then, this must be one of the friendliest threads on the forum. And cos I'm so used to this one, I often get a nasty surprise when I'm not universally embraced in other threads. *sigh* *must learn to lower expectations*

Hey aussie thread... I haven't said hello since thread seven...so long ago...hope everyone is well!

B

xo

Hello! Wow, I don't think we've met before. Is there a RL reason you haven't been here or have you been lurking?

Well, until today I only had internet at work, and I really had to tone down my internet usage...and well, I had to sacrifice MFC. SORRY!! So I bought a new Mac book yesterday, and it took me about 10 minutes to work out how to access the net (I don't read instructions). Anyways, I'm back to MFC!

Well, i only know how she pronounced hers which was like Elaine but with a hard "G" at the front. (Like garden and grapes) Is that how you say it?

i think you got it!

guy sounds a bit like "gui" in guitar

and laine like Elaine, but a little bit more open....

sounds a bit like glenn with emphasis on the gggg part lol

i'll just have to make a trip down under to verify your pronounciation. :naughty:

How come no-one offers me coffee when i go to other threads? (not that I drink it:naughty:) Tis true then, this must be one of the friendliest threads on the forum. And cos I'm so used to this one, I often get a nasty surprise when I'm not universally embraced in other threads. *sigh* *must learn to lower expectations*

lol canadian thread is friendly as well... we offer poutine!!! :roftl:

Well, until today I only had internet at work, and I really had to tone down my internet usage...and well, I had to sacrifice MFC. SORRY!! So I bought a new Mac book yesterday, and it took me about 10 minutes to work out how to access the net (I don't read instructions). Anyways, I'm back to MFC!

We moved house a couple of months back and i had no internet for about 6 weeks and that was difficult enough! Woohoo for being back on MFC!

i think you got it!

guy sounds a bit like "gui" in guitar

and laine like Elaine, but a little bit more open....

sounds a bit like glenn with emphasis on the gggg part lol

i'll just have to make a trip down under to verify your pronounciation. :naughty:

haha, that was difficult for me to explain. Yeah, the guy was like gui, but considering that I say Elaine as Uilane if you like, that's what I meant all along! I don't say a long E on Elaine. And you'll definitely have to come down here and check it out!

lol canadian thread is friendly as well... we offer poutine!!! :roftl:

What on earth is poutine?! And do you guys speak french in that thread? (I know there is English, I ducked in once, but French would floor me!)

Hi guys! Not quite out of nowhere Kelz, but I've been on and off in little snippets all day, so to me it just felt like I was continuing the conversation.

I was trying to think of a nicer way of writing toilet, dunny and loo being too ocker and I couldn't think of anything else!

Hahaha ... I love the word 'dunny' .... so homely !! :roftl:

Hey aussie thread... I haven't said hello since thread seven...so long ago...hope everyone is well!

B

xo

WOOT !! Welcome back bexstar !!

Hooray ... I use Mac too .... we are a rare breed around here .... :roftl::wink2:

From part 12:

*nods*

I've just always been a music freak.. *gives you a dancing carrot* DancingCarrot.gif

SSshhhhh .. I'm sturking for all of us!

Ohh Wouldn't that be fricken awesome!!!

True, but it's Patrick Swayze and RBSKY..

I assumed laziness of the swayziness.. (how lame)

This may come as a shock to you, but sometimes parents don't move house and instead they hide behind the couch and watch as you read the note they've just pinned there because THEY DON'T WANT YOU ANYMORE..

Failure..

:naughty:

Part 13 now:

LIZ!!!

I'm not suspicious of it. But, I'm a witch.

The fear of the number 13 has alot to do with women and witches.

Good Morning Missy :wub2:

:roftl: You should try the other candy he's got.. it's called "FanGurl." It's so good you'll squee.

True.. It should've been called "Making Bow Chicka Wah Wah ft. Clay."

If your cat was going nuts then it was most likely 99% a tom cat.

No it's not me!!!! I swear!!! WELOVE.gif

Good Afternooonnk Everyone.

Hi Kelzykins :sad:

What on earth is poutine?! And do you guys speak french in that thread? (I know there is English, I ducked in once, but French would floor me!)

poutine is a dish served in fast food restaurants, mostly in quebec. it has been made in quebec for a few decades but is starting to be known across canada. as weird and unhealthy as it sounds... it tastes pretty good!

take a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

on the canadian thread, we tend to speak english most of the time... that being said, we may slip in a few french words now and then. most of the time, i don't even notice it anymore... that's because it's like that in my house too. hubby is english & i'm french. our kids are bilingual. i always spoke french to them, hubby spoke english, right from birth. so now hubby speaks french too :naughty: so we are constantly changing from english to french & french to english. we dont even notice it & i suppose it may be quite annoying for our guests from time to time lol.

french from quebec is very different then french from france. when i first looked up mika on internet, i saw the french fan site (http://www.mikawebsite.come, i think) and i never truly joined it... i didn't understand what they were saying, their expressions are sooooooo different. i suppose i could get used to it, but english is easier to undertand here lol

do you speak other languages?

I know a Canadian girl named Tara and I always pronounced it with a long A after the T, making it sound like car. But she pronounced it so it would be spelt almost like this - Terra or possibly Taira.

that would depend on which part of canada she is from....

here, it would be an open "a"

for instance, my sister in law lives in ontario,

she pronounces "sonya" more like "sanya"

here, the o would definitely be o

Hahaha ... I love the word 'dunny' .... so homely !! :roftl:

WOOT !! Welcome back bexstar !!

Hooray ... I use Mac too .... we are a rare breed around here .... :roftl::wink2:

So I can ask you how to use the MAC??? I have never used one before, but randomly decided to buy one. Does anyone know how I can get my itunes from my old laptop to the new one??? I'm considering this matter a state of emergency.

poutine is a dish served in fast food restaurants, mostly in quebec. it has been made in quebec for a few decades but is starting to be known across canada. as weird and unhealthy as it sounds... it tastes pretty good!

take a look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine

on the canadian thread, we tend to speak english most of the time... that being said, we may slip in a few french words now and then. most of the time, i don't even notice it anymore... that's because it's like that in my house too. hubby is english & i'm french. our kids are bilingual. i always spoke french to them, hubby spoke english, right from birth. so now hubby speaks french too :naughty: so we are constantly changing from english to french & french to english. we dont even notice it & i suppose it may be quite annoying for our guests from time to time lol.

french from quebec is very different then french from france. when i first looked up mika on internet, i saw the french fan site (http://www.mikawebsite.come, i think) and i never truly joined it... i didn't understand what they were saying, their expressions are sooooooo different. i suppose i could get used to it, but english is easier to undertand here lol

do you speak other languages?

Can I be rude and say "Urgh!"? I'll just have my fries with sour cream thanks, if it's all the same with you. Or with soft serve icecream... Mmmmm! (I'm serious about this! Has to be McDonalds fries with their sundaes tho)

I'm like Bruce Willis in Fifth Element. "Listen lady, I only speak two languages. English and Bad English!" I did a year of Italian in primary school and a year of French, but remember exceptionally little of either.

that would depend on which part of canada she is from....

here, it would be an open "a"

for instance, my sister in law lives in ontario,

she pronounces "sonya" more like "sanya"

here, the o would definitely be o

She's from British Columbia. Can't remember the name of the town. I think she's living in Toronto now from memory.

So I can ask you how to use the MAC??? I have never used one before, but randomly decided to buy one. Does anyone know how I can get my itunes from my old laptop to the new one??? I'm considering this matter a state of emergency.

:roftl::roftl:

all of your songs are saved as files onto your ocmputer, maybe in a file called my music?? Well gather the files and send them in an outgoing mail attachment to you other computer, then open them and save them to your computer, and then open them from those files onto your new itunes.

all of your songs are saved as files onto your ocmputer, maybe in a file called my music?? Well gather the files and send them in an outgoing mail attachment to you other computer, then open them and save them to your computer, and then open them from those files onto your new itunes.

Thank-you! Sounds like someone speaking from experience!!!

Am contemplating reading the instruction book so I know how to work this thing, but at least I've figured out how to access MFC and now, thanks to you, I can get my itunes back in action! Those are the important things covered off...

Thank-you! Sounds like someone speaking from experience!!!

Am contemplating reading the instruction book so I know how to work this thing, but at least I've figured out how to access MFC and now, thanks to you, I can get my itunes back in action! Those are the important things covered off...

:roftl: no problem !