The Australian Thread: Part Thirteen

Erm... The school is getting a new building and my boy (aka hot plumber aka Jared :das:) is helping with the building...

When the new building is done, the year 5 and 6 classes move to the new building and I have to go elsewhere so they can redo the building I'm in... therefore I won't be able to see Jared during school time...

And OMG... I just agreed with the mods... how could I do that???

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1520871&posted=1#post1520871

Ah!! Jared's a plumber working at the school... I just presumed he was one of the other teachers...

And I saw what you wrote... You didn't just agree, it was a considered agreeance. Meaning, you thought about it and didn't just go all lemming on us.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some stuff I learnt while working at the Australian Embassy-you've maybe seen these advisories but I think they're pretty interesting:cool:

Myself and some other MFCers are going on the 10th July in Lisbon, Portugal to see Mika at a festival- the tickets are 40€, that's 65.53 AUD.:thumb_yello:

Hope I helped

M

Thank-you! If I end up going to that concert, I'll let you know, maybe I can meet you guys (I'm not too scary, well not scary at all. I think.)

No, I don't think any Aussies are going. I considered going to Amsterdam, but I'm going to Costa Rica with my friends now instead :P

I guess if you want to go, you should definately head over to the gig threads and start making friends with people that will be there :wink2: Especially other people that are coming in internationally because you could stay and sightsee togetehr and stuff.

Another option, but I don't know how your money situation is, would be to watch heart broken as the Europeans get their glory and save your money for a group stalk following Mika around Australia :das: But who knows how long that'll be :thumbdown:

I suppose is was quite interesting then, what with the new paper shredder being such a highlight?

LOL - a group stalk? Well count me in!!! Yeah, when is Mr Penniman coming back to AUS??? I was all prepared for an AUS tour for the V Festivals, but it was not to be.

I wonder if a group stalk/The Mikamite Dream Tour of Oz will happen if Mika tours early next year since a bunch of Mikamites will be going overseas for New Year's (therefore blowing a large amount of money) and I may or may not be moving (hence money for a bond, furniture, etc). If so it might be just Melb and Syd Mikamite gatherings? Or a Perth one too if the WA-ians won't be flying over (if he performs there that is as many artists do just the East Coast).

I wonder if a group stalk/The Mikamite Dream Tour of Oz will happen if Mika tours early next year since a bunch of Mikamites will be going overseas for New Year's (therefore blowing a large amount of money) and I may or may not be moving (hence money for a bond, furniture, etc). If so it might be just Melb and Syd Mikamite gatherings? Or a Perth one too if the WA-ians won't be flying over (if he performs there that is as many artists do just the East Coast).

I hope he comes before the end of the year cause my plan is to move to London in January... well I could always pretend I have visa problems and delay the move (or just come back for the concerts).

We could do a "fanatics" version of the Ashes tour, but for the Mika concerts! A tour of duty around AUS. I'll arrange the tour t-shirt!

I hope he comes before the end of the year cause my plan is to move to London in January... well I could always pretend I have visa problems and delay the move (or just come back for the concerts).

We could do a "fanatics" version of the Ashes tour, but for the Mika concerts! A tour of duty around AUS. I'll arrange the tour t-shirt!

If he does it before the end of the year it'll fall during exam time and I've promised to mutilate him if he tours here at the most inconvenient time after leaving us waiting for so long.

We've been planning the Mikamite Dream Tour of Oz since mid-last year when he promised at the Sydney gig to be back in Oz to do a proper during the summer. We have around 50 t-shirt suggestions already. (We weren't eager.... much. :fisch:) But after waiting for 12 months I think our interest (or at least mine) in the tour is starting to wane. I think I'd be glad with just a Melbourne gig (or maybe a Sydney one too, depending on how fangurly I feel at the time).

But when you move to London (you lucky thing, I'd kill to move there) you'll get the chance to see tonnes of his gigs in future anyway.

Hahahah ... yes .... it IS that time !!! Heheheh ... & am now going to sleep ..... *zhhz* ...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :huglove: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz:wub2
You up yet? :wub2:

Thank-you! If I end up going to that concert, I'll let you know, maybe I can meet you guys (I'm not too scary, well not scary at all. I think.)
Don't worry, we're not scary either!:naughty:

Us portuguese, acting as terrible planners, as usual, still don't have a meeting spot- but if you're going, do pop into the Portuguese thread! We'll sort something out:thumb_yello: xx

[imghttp://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc170/SnarfVader/papershredderc128487564029062500.jpg[/img]
Poor Mr. Kitty :no::naughty:

:lmfao
I've never seen Larssie's arse, it's always plonked on the drum seat, but it must be lovely :das:

I would love it if Mika came to Perth, but would still def try and get over to Syd or Mel for those shows. I have been trying (unsuccessfully!) to put some money away to pay for airfares, accom, etc. If things keep going the way they have been and I stop spending I will end up with enough to see him in London (okay, I only have about $250 so far so I won't get my hopes up just yet!)

I would love it if Mika came to Perth, but would still def try and get over to Syd or Mel for those shows. I have been trying (unsuccessfully!) to put some money away to pay for airfares, accom, etc. If things keep going the way they have been and I stop spending I will end up with enough to see him in London (okay, I only have about $250 so far so I won't get my hopes up just yet!)

Well he's not in any hurry to come here so you have plenty of time yet to save up.

Well he's not in any hurry to come here so you have plenty of time yet to save up.

Think positive!

He's probably just recovering from the ridiculous questions the Australian media asked him last time he was here.

Think positive!

He's probably just recovering from the ridiculous questions the Australian media asked him last time he was here.

12 months to recover from that? It's more likely just the usual artist-neglects-far-off-small-market-of-Australia. :ap_rosetinted:

Keep saving!!! I'm trying to save for the move to London, but keep getting distracted by Gucci ballet flats or similar. At least tiger airways have cheap flights from Perth to Melbs now (dodgy, but cheap).

BYO drool bucket to Prince Caspian.

*yells*

For Narnia!!!!

*insert stabbity sla****y here*

:lmfao:

Erm... The school is getting a new building and my boy (aka hot plumber aka Jared) is helping with the building...

When the new building is done, the year 5 and 6 classes move to the new building and I have to go elsewhere so they can redo the building I'm in... therefore I won't be able to see Jared during school time...

Oooh :original:

And I saw what you wrote... You didn't just agree, it was a considered agreeance. Meaning, you thought about it and didn't just go all lemming on us.

Lemmings are not dissimilar to picas :thumb_yello:

(I'm not too scary, well not scary at all. I think.)

:insane:

Good point. Crap, I can't even decide when would be best. Like ... June/July holidays really :boxed:

I would be pushing it to afford January/February...

I'd be pushing it to afford any time :P

:naughty:

If he does it before the end of the year it'll fall during exam time and I've promised to mutilate him if he tours here at the most inconvenient time after leaving us waiting for so long.

I'm so desperate to make that book. We could make photoshops/pictures expressive who would mutilate him for coming at certain times :-)

I've never seen Larssie's arse, it's always plonked on the drum seat, but it must be lovely

Keep saving!!! I'm trying to save for the move to London, but keep getting distracted by Gucci ballet flats or similar. At least tiger airways have cheap flights from Perth to Melbs now (dodgy, but cheap).

How much? :original:

I'm so desperate to make that book. We could make photoshops/pictures expressive who would mutilate him for coming at certain times :-)

Ummm, if he knew of our plans to mutilate him I suspect he might reconsider coming here at all. :fisch:

Usually about $99 one way. Cheaper during sales. They are red eye flights, but hey, it gets you here!

I'd prefer a red eye flight anyway if flying from Perth to the East coast - sleep on the plane and have all day to sight-see/shop/queue for the gig.

I guess you think so too:naughty:

Larssie Arssie

I hardly know him :bleh:

Ummm, if he knew of our plans to mutilate him I suspect he might reconsider coming here at all. :fisch:

Pshh! He'd just make sure he comes in an acceptable period :thumb_yello:

Usually about $99 one way. Cheaper during sales. They are red eye flights, but hey, it gets you here!

Oh, that's pretty good! What's a red-eye flight? :blink:

I'd prefer a red eye flight anyway if flying from Perth to the East coast - sleep on the plane and have all day to sight-see/shop/queue for the gig.

:doh: :doh:

It means a night time flight? That's awesome then! $200 is pretty acceptable actually!

:doh: :doh:

It means a night time flight? That's awesome then! $200 is pretty acceptable actually!

Yeah, the red eye is the over night flight - you get off the plane at the other end with red eyes! Unless you can sleep on the plane, it's not very pleasant. But flying to see Mika's concert would well be worth it!

Yeah, the red eye is the over night flight - you get off the plane at the other end with red eyes! Unless you can sleep on the plane, it's not very pleasant. But flying to see Mika's concert would well be worth it!

Oookay, I thought it might be some kind of plane-slang for having to book on the day or something strange like that. Either that or that someone takes photos of you for the whole flight :boxed:

*:doh:*

Lars, this is OD *attempts to shake hand*

Shake his hand, Bianca!:mad3:

See? You are Now Friends! :licks_lips:

205136723_d454bce18e.jpg

:boing:

Hi Arssie! Nice to meet you! :clap:

*shakes Lars' hand*

Oookay, I thought it might be some kind of plane-slang for having to book on the day or something strange like that. Either that or that someone takes photos of you for the whole flight :boxed:

:boing:

Hi Arssie! Nice to meet you! :clap:

*shakes Lars' hand*

Hey! What's the big idea? Keep ya hands off his arssie!:mad3:

:naughty:kidding-Larssie says you're nice:bleh:

pic25b-red.jpg