unique names or names u hate!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like when girls have boyish sounding names...I think it's cute.

As far as hating names, I don't really hate any specific name, just when the parents try to get cute with the spelling. I don't care if they're a little creative, but when you can't even read the name, I think that's just ridiculous.

I really, really like the name Keira. Not just 'cause of Keira Knightley, though that was the first time I ever heard it. Also, McKenna, though I know a lot of people around here are naming their girls that. I do know a girl name Kymra which is like Keira. Also, when I was in elementary school I was best friends with this girl named Kadeisha, pronounced (Ka-DEE-Sha). I always liked her name, it was so unique...her parents were from Trinidad and Tobago, and I think that's where the name came from.

Without a doubt, if I were to ever have a girl the name Layla MUST be in there. I won't be talked out of it. It's probably my favorite name, and it probably stems from my love of Eric Clapton. :)

As far as hating names, I don't really hate any specific name, just when the parents try to get cute with the spelling. I don't care if they're a little creative, but when you can't even read the name, I think that's just ridiculous.

I really, really like the name Keira. Not just 'cause of Keira Knightley, though that was the first time I ever heard it. Also, McKenna, though I know a lot of people around here are naming their girls that. I do know a girl name Kymra which is like Keira. Also, when I was in elementary school I was best friends with this girl named Kadeisha, pronounced (Ka-DEE-Sha). I always liked her name, it was so unique...her parents were from Trinidad and Tobago, and I think that's where the name came from.

Without a doubt, if I were to ever have a girl the name Layla MUST be in there. I won't be talked out of it. It's probably my favorite name, and it probably stems from my love of Eric Clapton. :)

haha i have a boyish name xD

well my cousin and his wife had a girl and named her kiera and one of my other cousins was like "itreminds me of a dog!!!"

Nice thread!

I like the name.. Chewbacca :naughty:

Haha..

No um, my favorite names are:

1. Alice is my top one

2. I like the name Eva or Ava

Also, Sophia, Zachary/Zacharia for a guy, Jasper, Anastasia, I read in a baby names book the name Mikolas. I thought that was cool :naughty: And I also like Nicholas haha...

Also Kyra. Maybe for a boy or girl.

I'd have to think about all the names for a long time, and then decide...

OH and Lucius is a top boy name for me :naughty:

I love exotic names.. Onces that start with Z's or V's or... X's haha. Do X names exist? *goes to look up names that start with X*

And I'm gonna be extra creative with the middle names :naughty:

I was thinking "Love" for a middle name. Also "Salazar" and "Snape" :lol3: "Draco"...

Ones so that my kids aren't gonna want to tell people their middle names. Even though they will :naughty:

Nice thread!

I like the name.. Chewbacca :naughty:

Haha..

No um, my favorite names are:

1. Alice is my top one

2. I like the name Eva or Ava

Also, Sophia, Zachary for a guy, Jasper, Anastasia, I read in a baby names book the name Mikolas. I thought that was cool :naughty: And I also like Nicholas haha...

Also Kyra. Maybe for a boy or girl.

I'd have to think about all the names for a long time, and then decide...

OH and Lucius is a top boy name for me :naughty:

thanku!

those are nice names :P

:roftl::roftl::roftl: that's an awful name! did she ever get her name changed?!

I don't know, it's recent that I only heard it this morning.

I hope she does!

My fave girl names are Alissandra, Aubrey, Katia, Alicia (al-EE-se-ah) and Gladriel.

My fave boy names are Michael, Gabriel, Julien, Aurelien (French for golden) and Leo.

I don't like Agnys, Gladys, Ingrid, Paris, Lavinia, Katrina and Cassandra, Lawrence, Terrance, Thomas, Hitler, Jean-Luc, Jean-paul, Jean-Mrac (etc) and Steve.

I don't know, it's recent that I only heard it this morning.

I hope she does!

My fave girl names are Alissandra, Aubrey, Katia, Alicia (al-EE-se-ah) and Gladriel.

My fave boy names are Michael, Gabriel, Julien, Aurelien (French for golden) and Leo.

I don't like Agnys, Gladys, Ingrid, Paris, Lavinia, Katrina and Cassandra, Lawrence, Terrance, Thomas, Hitler, Jean-Luc, Jean-paul, Jean-Mrac (etc) and Steve.

haha my dads name is Leo, lol

wow, haha i love all those names Kira...that's how i like to spell it and Laila:wub2: i think they're soo lovely and def. my top 3 picks for girls names,....i also love the name luke but if i had a girl and boy named Layla and Luke well...:roftl:

i love girls names that are guyish too my absolute fave is Georgie:wub2: it's kinda quirky....or like georgeana! haha i don't know if that's how you spell it....

i knew a girl from Iran and her name was Sepida:wub2: but she changed it to Speedy when she came to america because everyone was saying it wrong.

I dont like my first name!:( is Rosa I think it doesnt match with the second one! (Samantha) And I hate when people call me Rosa!!

but if you switch it around....samantha-rose....i think that sounds pretty!:wink2:

rose reminds me of the titanic:bleh:

but if you switch it around....samantha-rose....i think that sounds pretty!:wink2:

rose reminds me of the titanic:bleh:

heheheh! yes sounds prettier!:wink2: I wish my parents had discovered that befor naming me:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Yes it reminds me titanic too!:bleh:

Hah, better than Nicole Kiddman's Sunday Roast! :D

That baby was born on a Monday, too!:doh:

I dislike extremely common names. My sister's name is Autumn, and people always made a fuss. "That's so pretty!" blahblah.

I like my name, it's just not very interesting.

That baby was born on a Monday, too!:doh:

I dislike extremely common names. My sister's name is Autumn, and people always made a fuss. "That's so pretty!" blahblah.

I like my name, it's just not very interesting.

i agree i don't like common names either like chris, michael, david ya know? haha i'm guessing your name is Sarie? i saw it in ur siggy:bleh: it's a really nice name, unique but not so much that no one can say it.....i can't imagine having a name no one can say, like Lilla!

i agree i don't like common names either like chris, michael, david ya know? haha i'm guessing your name is Sarie? i saw it in ur siggy:bleh: it's a really nice name, unique but not so much that no one can say it.....i can't imagine having a name no one can say, like Lilla!

Yea, I go by Sarie. But my actual name is Sarah. To be honest, I DO like Sarah, it's just... I don't know. It got old after almost 18 years.

Yea, I go by Sarie. But my actual name is Sarah. To be honest, I DO like Sarah, it's just... I don't know. It got old after almost 18 years.

LOL well at least people can spell yours'!

Khayla is my name.

But I get:

Caitlin, Kaylen, Carla, Cailie, Kaylie, Mikayla... And Debbie...

The latter came from a teacher who called me by that name before I exploded at her about calling me that and my name is KAY-LAH!

Friends of mine from the past and present go by the names of Piana, Maileen, Unity, India, Asia, PRECIOUS, Roshana, Chrissie (my boy cousin) Whitley, Shyira, Shamira, Bret, Vaughan, Luana, Roo, Tottie, Cushla, Brianne...

Yeeeeeah :P

Ah, there are also names I do like!

If I have kids later, I'll call them:

(if it's a boy) Enrico, Milo, Mika, Menno, Collin, Lars, Giel, Just, Juan, Emre, or Levi.

(if it's a girl) Tess, Mirren, Robin, Noa, or Luna.

Jeez, I hope I get a boy, more names to choose. :naughty:

My own name is Barbara, I actually don't like it. But I do like my second name. That's Jasmijn. Jasmijn is Dutch for Yasmine (yeaaah, named after meek's sister! :das:) So I prefer that my name was Jasmijn, rather than Barbara.. ;)

I quite like my name actually. I'm called Myrte Nadine, but Nadine is my 'first name'. :wink2:

Names I dislike are Dutch girls names like Bertha, Grietje, Trijntje, Zwaantje. I also dislike it when kids have got a Dutch surname, and a first name like Rodney, Dave, Danny, Kevin, etc.

Names I like for a boy are Rufus, Rhys, Mika and Mees.

And for a girl: Robin.

My favourite name is Dominique. It is one of the most beautiful names I've ever heard. :wub2:

The most awful name has to be Zahara :roftl: I HATE it. One time I had to introduce myself to this guy that came over to my school, and I was like "Hi, my name is Zahara.." And he was like "Errr.. you're kidding right? :shocked:"

And I was like "Eh, actuallly, I'm not" and then he was like "Seriously, what's your real name?"

And I was like "..dude! :blink:"

It's horrible :roftl:

I can't stand my name. It sounds harsh. :puke:

Who gave parents the right to nominate the new born?:annoyed_h4h:

Everybody should be named "child" until voice comes out :ap_rosetinted:

LOL!!:roftl::roftl: I know what you mean though. First day of school is always weird for me, they butcher my name so much. But I love my name. But I don't like a few names. Like:

And name that starts with K (I'm sorry if this offends anyone :blush-anim-cl:)

Angelina Jolie, and a few others I can't think of.

i was reading this really boring political book and came across the name Herbert H. Humphrey! haha i thought that was really funny for some reason:naughty:

It's actually HUbert H. Humphrey...but I won't hold it against you. :)

He was Johnson's VP and was almost president, but Nixon beat him.