2008 Graduates: Congrats!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol! im also graduating 8th grade! im planning to (well not to do drugs)..obviously and to lose 20 lbs this summer, and idk, get an amazing BF! lol!!!!

Sounds like a plan :naughty: I only hope to get good grades. I love nutella too much to lose weight. and boys?...well..

Sounds like a plan :naughty: I only hope to get good grades. I love nutella too much to lose weight. and boys?...well..

lol, i luv nutella too! but i havent had it in a while, first time i had it i was like 7 or 8.. idk...... well i know my grades im soooo happy

science: A

band:: A

english/literature: A

algebra 1x: C+ (and its my second year taking it:thumbdown:..but i had a crappy teacher, well..both years..lol)

PE: A (even tho ive been out like half the year :naughty:)

history: A

aww i remember 8th grade graduation... I was a hot mess lol

Highschool will be good for you guys...Just always stay F I E R C E ok... and be confident no matter how many books you have to lug around with you:naughty:

lool! ya, im excited! and i want a lot of things to happen that havent happened yet! (like get a bf)

Highschool will be good for you guys...Just always stay F I E R C E ok... and be confident no matter how many books you have to lug around with you:naughty:

oh, im confident. no one makes fun of my checkered sunglasses :mf_rosetinted:

No I'm not graduating (ha ha far too ancient :old: for all that palarva) but my son is hopefully, he has just finished all his exams and is off on a 4 week traveling holiday soon to celebrate the freedom of NO MORE EXAMS after years and years of studying.

He has been studying Computer Sciences with artificial intelligence for 4 years at Imperial College University London, (he was doing a masters and boy is he happy it is all done now).

He has had 6 interviews since finishing his exams even though he hasn't had his results yet, and got offered 4 of the jobs so far, and each one offered him more money :) but he accepted one in Liverpool today even though it was £1,000 less cos it had a better package in other ways and he liked the people.

So what kind of job is he going to be doing, I'm not entirely sure, his title is gameplay programmer and if my interpretation of what he does is correct, then what he does is makes things happen in computer games, like...if you want a certain thing to happen when you click your mouse then he programmes it to happen, or if you want your person to dress a certain way of have a particular weapon :starwars: or vehicle,:plane: he programmes it into the game.

It's what he wanted to do for a long long time so he should be rather pleased for getting work in a field he has so much interest in.

(We get to go to THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL for his graduation later this year so that will be great, if expensive lol).

yeah it is my year of graduation of high school but the next month i must go to the university for the enter's course, and on december i'll know if i'm in or not... so nervous, yeah i wish enter a lot!

No I'm not graduating (ha ha far too ancient :old: for all that palarva) but my son is hopefully, he has just finished all his exams and is off on a 4 week traveling holiday soon to celebrate the freedom of NO MORE EXAMS after years and years of studying.

He has been studying Computer Sciences with artificial intelligence for 4 years at Imperial College University London, (he was doing a masters and boy is he happy it is all done now).

He has had 6 interviews since finishing his exams even though he hasn't had his results yet, and got offered 4 of the jobs so far, and each one offered him more money :) but he accepted one in Liverpool today even though it was £1,000 less cos it had a better package in other ways and he liked the people.

So what kind of job is he going to be doing, I'm not entirely sure, his title is gameplay programmer and if my interpretation of what he does is correct, then what he does is makes things happen in computer games, like...if you want a certain thing to happen when you click your mouse then he programmes it to happen, or if you want your person to dress a certain way of have a particular weapon :starwars: or vehicle,:plane: he programmes it into the game.

It's what he wanted to do for a long long time so he should be rather pleased for getting work in a field he has so much interest in.

(We get to go to THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL for his graduation later this year so that will be great, if expensive lol).

lol nice! are u happy his hard work is paying off?

lol nice! are u happy his hard work is paying off?

yes most certainly, it's a relief he finally got through it all, it wasn't always easy for him, he was always one of the cleverer ones at his school and cos it wasn't a private school he did receive a certain amount of bullying (though he didn't tell me about it until about a year ago) I knew the scally's in the school give anyone with even half a brain a hard time but I didn't know how bad it was for him, he kept a lot to himself, I think it's harder for boys to admit to bullying because they feel it shows them as weak. But it's cos he was an ok kid, clever, witty, funny but he also had a bit of a stammer so he got picked on a bit I guess for that too which will have made it worse. and in Uk schools it seems if you are a good kid your overlooked but if your a bad kid who isn't so bad one day then you get praised and given treats for being good, it's a stupid system that doesn't work and makes the good kids feel let down. (oh hark at me I have just climbed up on my high horse I think) eeek sorry lol I'll shut up.

so anyway YES I am overjoyed he has his dream job he has earned it, and has been given no handouts in getting there. On top of that I'm proud that he is a good person, he has stable relationships (well 2 long term ones of over 3 years each), and he doesn't take drugs, or smoke anything, and drinks alcohol moderately (he is just really normal so far :naughty: I guess...yep a son to be proud of :D

yes most certainly, it's a relief he finally got through it all, it wasn't always easy for him, he was always one of the cleverer ones at his school and cos it wasn't a private school he did receive a certain amount of bullying (though he didn't tell me about it until about a year ago) I knew the scally's in the school give anyone with even half a brain a hard time but I didn't know how bad it was for him, he kept a lot to himself, I think it's harder for boys to admit to bullying because they feel it shows them as weak. But it's cos he was an ok kid, clever, witty, funny but he also had a bit of a stammer so he got picked on a bit I guess for that too which will have made it worse. and in Uk schools it seems if you are a good kid your overlooked but if your a bad kid who isn't so bad one day then you get praised and given treats for being good, it's a stupid system that doesn't work and makes the good kids feel let down. (oh hark at me I have just climbed up on my high horse I think) eeek sorry lol I'll shut up.

so anyway YES I am overjoyed he has his dream job he has earned it, and has been given no handouts in getting there. On top of that I'm proud that he is a good person, he has stable relationships (well 2 long term ones of over 3 years each), and he doesn't take drugs, or smoke anything, and drinks alcohol moderately (he is just really normal so far :naughty: I guess...yep a son to be proud of :D

well thats good!

hi guys... could someone please explain to me WHY Highschool in States is such a punishment? I mean all those ppl complaining about HS, hehe even you said to them to "stay fierce" :naughty: HS was the best time in my life... not too much work as I've got now at University, and I was old enough to be treated as an adult and not as a child (like in Primary school from the teachers you know... :thumbdown:)...

I dunno...I've never had any problems with popularity... I was enjoying myself then... was President of students (it's a person who organize every event...who talks to Principal and teachers in the name of students...), I was playing in a school rock band, played in school basketball and volleyball team (last one mostly on bench but still), and I played in school plays.... *geeez when I was learning????? :shocked:)... so tell me please... what's so scary in high school, because I don't get it :mf_rosetinted::wink2:

hi guys... could someone please explain to me WHY Highschool in States is such a punishment? I mean all those ppl complaining about HS, hehe even you said to them to "stay fierce" :naughty: HS was the best time in my life... not too much work as I've got now at University, and I was old enough to be treated as an adult and not as a child (like in Primary school from the teachers you know... :thumbdown:)...

I dunno...I've never had any problems with popularity... I was enjoying myself then... was President of students (it's a person who organize every event...who talks to Principal and teachers in the name of students...), I was playing in a school rock band, played in school basketball and volleyball team (last one mostly on bench but still), and I played in school plays.... *geeez when I was learning????? :shocked:)... so tell me please... what's so scary in high school, because I don't get it :mf_rosetinted::wink2:

its basically like a popularity contest here... idk,

high school here for me...my perspective was pretty much bitter sweet

I have fond memories of people, but really the school I "went" to was so academic that they sorta sucked out my creativity at one point..which wasn't cool, since Its one of the most valuable things to me...

So yeah, it's been really hard... academically, I challenged myself, so it'll be nice to REST!

other than that, yes it is a popularity contest...people are, for the most part, absorbed with issues that are typical to be obsessed with at this age... but alot of times people are just mean.

It's what I've witnessed...more than an actual experience...

Yep, it's my year. Finally done with high school at least... :mfr_omg: So thanks, and congratulations to you too.

Over the summer I plan on recovering from this past year (:bleh:) and getting a job hopefully, and then next fall I go north for college. Infinitely excited about that :biggrin2:

Yep, it's my year. Finally done with high school at least... :mfr_omg: So thanks, and congratulations to you too.

Over the summer I plan on recovering from this past year (:bleh:) and getting a job hopefully, and then next fall I go north for college. Infinitely excited about that :biggrin2:

:woot_jump:

Not terribly far from me!!! I will meet you there in a few short months! :biggrin2:

HPIM0098.jpg

well one more year of highschool!!!:punk::shocked:. i can't wait.

over the summer i guess i plan to:

look at colleges

ride my bike a lot to get in shape for band camp:thumbdown:

band camp:thumbdown::thumbdown:

take latin class:punk:

do all my summer assignments