Freddies English Teaching Course

You know for a fact when you take a bf home they are going to show him those notes , burn them:naughty:

i don't even know where they are :aah:

And they probably wouldn't show him if they still have them, because my dad would know I'd hit him really hard :aah:

You know for a fact when you take a bf home they are going to show him those notes , burn them:naughty:

Jepp, along with embarrassing pictures, and no... not the baby ones, naked on a blanket :roftl: which can actually be rather cute in perspective, but the ones with your early teenage strange haircuts and funny clothes, believe you Freddie and me!:naughty:

i don't even know where they are :aah:

And they probably wouldn't show him if they still have them, because my dad would know I'd hit him really hard :aah:

You still have so much to learn girl!:mf_rosetinted:

:wub2:

"I wanna be your brother, wanna be your father too

Never make you run for cover even if they want us to

I wanna be your sister, wanna be your mother too

I wanna be wanna be

Whatever else that touches you"

Why is it "whatever" and not "whoever" here? :confused:

And if it was "whoever", would it then be "whoever else who touches you"?

I wanna be your towel, wanna be your toothbrush too

Never make you run for cover even if they want us to

I wanna be your sweater, wanna be your panties too

I wanna be wanna be

Whatever else that touches you

Or the naughty version:

I wanna be your dildo, wanna be your own hand too...

:lmfao:

It depends on whether you use British or American English.

In British English (and most other variation except American), it's correct to say "I have never believed in Santa" if you are referring to the whole period of time up to and including now (the present perfect tense). This is why you were told to use 'have + Past participle' with 'never'. But it's only appropriate if the state you describe is still true NOW.

In British English, "I never believed in Santa" implies you are talking about a defined period in the past, which is now ended, for example when you WERE a child (you are no longer a child). So this is usually used with a qualifying phrase such as 'when I was a child, I never believed in Santa', to show the period of time you are talking about.

American English often (though not always..) makes no distinction between theses two uses: Americans tend to say "I never believed in Santa" for both uses.

Wow..I'd forgotten how hard it is to explain grammar (I used to teach English as a Foreign Language :blink:)

But HE DOES EXIST :aah: so why are we even having this conversation :dunno:

Ah, ok thank you!:thumb_yello:

What is the difference between Capitol and Capital?

How do you use it?:wink2:

"Capital" is like "The Capital of Britain is London" or "Use a Capital letter at the beginning of a sentence."

As for "Capitol"...never heard of it. I just googled it and I found " and "The Capitol Horsham: Theatre, Arts, Cinema and Musical Entertainment"

:dunno:

"Capital" is like "The Capital of Britain is London" or "Use a Capital letter at the beginning of a sentence."

As for "Capitol"...never heard of it. I just googled it and I found " and "The Capitol Horsham: Theatre, Arts, Cinema and Musical Entertainment"

:dunno:

the only capitol I've heard of is Capitol Hill :naughty:

washington-capitol-hill-neighborhood-washington-d-c-dccap6.jpg

Capitol is, I think, a more architectural term for the top of s.th.

Thank you, much clearer now!:thumb_yello:

• 4 weeks later...
"This is a one shot thing we got going on here"

Ennis is scared and surprised by what they have done and is saying the sentence pretty much to assure himself that this is a one timer…:

The problem I have for some days now is: Does he really says this?

If someone remembers my questions about this sentence from Brokeback Mountain: I wrote to Diana Ossana, one of the producers and one of the screenwriters of Brokeback Mountain. And she answered me in the following way:

I've copied for you the actual text from the screenplay:

ENNIS

(direct)

One shot thing we got goin' here.

JACK

One shot thing.

(pause)

Nobody's business but ours.

ENNIS

(flat)

I'm not no queer.

JACK

(jumps in too quickly)

Me neither.

So to answer your question: Ennis is referring to what's happening between them while they're up on the mountain that first summer, not merely their first night together. "One shot thing we got goin' here." He is saying that nothing will come of what is happening between them after the summer is over. He doesn't want Jack to think their relationship means anything more to him than casual sex, but he's really trying to convince himself of this. By saying this out loud, he may think it makes it true...

Does this answer your question? I hope so.

A little bit off topic, but because I was asking so much questions about the sentence here, I thought I would post it.

Yo people! I just wonder, they say Mika has an accent, but I can't understand what exactly, because I am not native speaker. I understand almost all he says, more than anyone else who speaks English. I like how he speaks so much! Can you give, maybe, examples of him saying words in different manner?

I hear Mika says DANCE and such words with A pronouncing [a] and not [e], is it English or not English manner?

Yo people! I just wonder, they say Mika has an accent, but I can't understand what exactly, because I am not native speaker. I understand almost all he says, more than anyone else who speaks English. I like how he speaks so much! Can you give, maybe, examples of him saying words in different manner?

I hear Mika says DANCE and such words with A pronouncing [a] and not [e], is it English or not English manner?

Helllooooo

I would say Mika has a "posh" Queens English accent , with little input really

I guess we can say he speaks the written word (if you go around the UK the different regions will bring their accents into it)

So for dance , as you say the A is very prominent danceeeee almost , where as I would say DAnc:biggrin2:

Helllooooo

I guess we can say he speaks the written word (if you go around the UK the different regions will bring their accents into it)

So for dance , as you say the A is very prominent danceeeee almost , where as I would say DAnc:biggrin2:

So, if he speaks Queen's English, he can be a good example for learning how to speak? :) because I've suddenly noticed I started to pronounce words as he does, and my speaking manner has changed.

Helllooooo

One time when he was going to start singing SITM both he and David his, key board player, messed it up several times and they were starting over and over and the audience was laughing of course, and then Mika said: "Give us a chance, please!" He said it in a very posh accent, you could clearly hear the Queens English! So cute and funny, I really wish I could find the clip!:wink2:

One time when he was going to start singing SITM both he and David his, key board player, messed it up several times and they were starting over and over and the audience was laughing of course, and then Mika said: "Give us a chance, please!" He said it in a very posh accent, you could clearly hear the Queens English! So cute and funny, I really wish I could find the clip!:wink2:

Oh, if you do please give me a link!

That's very interestng!

:biggrin2: