Oldlings Part 20

Laurel

My MySpace has been playing up for a while - it often won't log me in. It always takes ages for pages to load - even ones that aren't cluttered with every YouTube vid ever shown! FaceBook is so quick.

And I've lost my French friend. Her account has gone. No trace!

It has been acting weird lately.

I tried to send a message to Luke the other night, and it froze on me:blink:.

Really annoying!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My MySpace has been playing up for a while - it often won't log me in. It always takes ages for pages to load - even ones that aren't cluttered with every YouTube vid ever shown! FaceBook is so quick.

And I've lost my French friend. Her account has gone. No trace!

How odd! I couldn't even get to the 'log in' stage....everything just froze:boxed:

I've got it, it's brilliant, I love that he has a song called "Recycle":naughty:

Me too!!!

Maybe they changed their mind, or everyone has entered and crashed the blog:roftl:.

It's a cunning plan...:naughty:.

I do think it's a bit strange that less than a week before the gig, they are giving away tickets....how are winners going to be able to make arrangements in such a short space of time? And when will they be notified...?

ict, everytime i look in my cup, and what i spill on the saucer

:roftl:

ok folks, i am off to get cup of tea then showered and bed, have a good night everyone, take care bye

Goodnight Alex - sleep well :thumb_yello:

Congratulations Ruth - not easy to do well when you are being watched!! :thumb_yello:

How odd! I couldn't even get to the 'log in' stage....everything just froze:boxed:

I do think it's a bit strange that less than a week before the gig, they are giving away tickets....how are winners going to be able to make arrangements in such a short space of time? And when will they be notified...?

When we first got the announcement about the changes to Mikasounds, I thought "This has everything we wanted for our fan site - blogs, videos, competitions, advance tickets, etc" and got quite depressed because I couldn't see why people would want to log into the MFC any more.

:floor:

Silly me! I was imagining Mikasounds as we would run it - organised and up to date. Whereas of course it's still in the hands of the people who don't have a clue viz handling of ticket competition.:rolls_eyes:

And I so enjoy those daily blogs :naughty:

When we first got the announcement about the changes to Mikasounds, I thought "This has everything we wanted for our fan site - blogs, videos, competitions, advance tickets, etc" and got quite depressed because I couldn't see why people would want to log into the MFC any more.

Silly me! I was imagining Mikasounds as we would run it - organised and up to date. Whereas of course it's still in the hands of the people who don't have a clue viz handling of ticket competition.:rolls_eyes:

I totally agree with you!

Yeah advance sales of tickets through Mikasounds will be 48 hours after they've gone on general sale..... and it will be sold out by then... :roftl:

We had a great discussion about this all afternoon on the New Blog thread. Even if someone from France wins it, they still have to get time off work, and at this short notice it'll be a nightmare:blink:.

They really have to do these comps weeks before the show, it's so badly organised again. You would have thought they would have learned by now.

Sorry to bring this up again, but when we spoke to Mika about it a few weeks back, he made it sound like they were all sorted and ready to announce it, that's why Sara and me didn't say anything, the more time went on, I was glad we hadn't, as it was looking like it wasn't happening. Should have known better!

The classic example is his new "holding" page - which people actually logged in to Mikasounds didn't see because they don't go to the very first page of the site to log in - they all have the forum page bookmarked or added to favourites.

We had a great discussion about this all afternoon on the New Blog thread. Even if someone from France wins it, they still have to get time off work, and at this short notice it'll be a nightmare:blink:.

They really have to do these comps weeks before the show, it's so badly organised again. You would have thought they would have learned by now.

Sorry to bring this up again, but when we spoke to Mika about it a few weeks back, he made it sound like they were all sorted and ready to announce it, that's why Sara and me didn't say anything, the more time went on, I was glad we hadn't, as it was looking like it wasn't happening. Should have known better!

You would think that lessons would have been learned....all I can say is that it's obviously beong (badly) run by men....:fisch:

So we'll be throwing sickies?

That's not setting a very good example, is it....and you might get found out, then what??

I think it's best I go:naughty:

The classic example is his new "holding" page - which people actually logged in to Mikasounds didn't see because they don't go to the very first page of the site to log in - they all have the forum page bookmarked or added to favourites.

And the "blog" Mika points to is not there yet!! :blink:

So true. How can anyone fail to see how well organised the set up here is, even without paid staff etc. I would SO volunteer to be paid staff if it was properly done. Can you volunteer to be paid?

It's disappointing. I suppose we'd rather have silence than promises not kept. Or, if not exactly promises, certainly intentions.

So true. How can anyone fail to see how well organised the set up here is, even without paid staff etc. I would SO volunteer to be paid staff if it was properly done. Can you volunteer to be paid?

It's disappointing. I suppose we'd rather have silence than promises not kept. Or, if not exactly promises, certainly intentions.

Absolutely, better to say nothing and then pleasantly surprise us with something than plant the seed only for nothing to come to fruition.

But there are some very creative and amusing blogs being posted on his behalf :wink2:

They're not bad are they? But I prefer the poems. Maybe they're a bit clique-y, but they're hysterical :roftl:

I like the "blogs", their hilarious.

I think Mika should pick someone from here each day to help him write them, then they'll be informative and hysterical:roftl:.

They're not bad are they? But I prefer the poems. Maybe they're a bit clique-y, but they're hysterical :roftl:

They are clever, as are the poems, as you say. There are a few references to 'in jokes' that I have absolutely no idea about, but they're amusing nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm off to bed....might not be on tomorrow night and then Thursday I'll be packing for Pareee so I might not be back til Saturday...au revoir :bye: