Aaargh finding a parking place in Amsterdam central is NOT my favourite thing to do! But when we finally found a spot I checked the time and I was a little bit in shock because I knew the doors were already open for half an hour! And we still had to walk to the venue!! So I was very afraid that we would end up at the very back of the audience...

But when we arrived at the venue we managed to get kinda close to the stage...

First the support-act... 'A place to bury strangers'. Well.. what can I say.. Not my cup of tea, at all! It was too heavy for me (and a lot of other people too. Some did put their fingers in their ears!). There was a stroboscope light for more than 10 minutes...

Oooooww and next was MGMT, gosh, they (no, actually I'm just talking about Andrew) were looking great! Someone shouted: "Andrew, you're f*cking hot!!" and that was so true... (although I would never shout that myself). Andrew's voice was very good! Much better than I heard at some other gigs which I saw on internet! And those solo's... :wub2:

They didn't had much interaction with the audience (which is always a bit disappointing.. although I know they are like that..). I don't know if they were under influence by something (Ben seemed like he was.. ), but eventhough they played great!

They played all the songs of their cd, Metanoia (loooong :wub2:, which was kinda different from the one I own) and some new song? Well, at least I didn't knew it!

Did I already said they were awesome?

MGMT151108_02-1.jpg

Woooooahhhh:shocked:it seems you had so much fun :punk:

Where were you placed at the gig ?

Ben usually looks like he is under the influence of something :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah Metanoia sounds kinda epic live (this is from I heard from other people)

Oh I think it was a cover !Haven't they say the name of the song ?:blink:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soo glad you had fun darling, despite that band... The title isn't good anyway:roftl:

Hmmm, I think the shades might want to cover ben's... influenciated face...and eyes maybe:roftl:

I wanted a pic of you though:tears:

I wish I was there!:punk:

You should have!!

Doesnt mean they dont sell them in Amsterdam anymore:naughty:

I was in Amsterdam last friday and they even had speed on a desk to TRY!:blink

REALLY!

On the Bloemenmarkt. And their neighbour kicked me and Starrats out, we wanted to buy some gloves there and he didnt wanna sell them to me!!!!I'm not kidding! Starrats said he might have had too much of the stuff the neighbour sold:naughty:

Amsterdam is shocking!!:roftl:

Soo glad you had fun darling, despite that band... The title isn't good anyway:roftl:

Hmmm, I think the shades might want to cover ben's... influenciated face...and eyes maybe:roftl:

I wanted a pic of you though:tears:

I wish I was there!:punk:

Amsterdam is shocking!!:roftl:

Amsterdam is not shocking, Amsterdam is just fcuking cool:rasta::hoover:

Aw.. :huglove:

There's a PE teacher, he's sooo hot too.. But I hate him, he's not nice! But he's still hot. :naughty: And not my teacher.

My PE teacher is like that.:naughty:

Andrew wold do a gooo PE teacher... Some stretches... nom nom:drool:

:naughty: But I maybe get that hot teacher, Frank, next week monday, cause my normal one isn't there then. :naughty:

Oeh. :mf_rosetinted:

Ooooh that's nice:das:

Yep, keeping it on topic as much as these conversations are great, the topic is MGMT... sigh.:roftl:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
He wants to date Cindy Crawford in matter of fact !

I can quite believe that. I brainwashed myself into buying their album the other day. :shocked::insane: They have all sorts of people and creatures in the thank you section - including Cindy Crawford and Mickey Mouse! :lmao:

Aagh...I am totally loving this band at the moment!

Wish I hadn't been stuck in the beer tent when they were playing their support slot with Radiohead in Manchester last summer...:boxed: I heard them but wanted to see them too...my love of beer will be my downfall :roftl:

And Andrew is :mf_lustslow: