I just saw the Congratulations video (cause I bought it off iTunes early, should be on YouTube tomorrow)

It is actually pretty sad. It sorta reminds me of Yeasayer's Madder Red video with the strange creature and all, but much more endearing.

Besides that, the filming is really pretty and...Andrew is half shirtless.:wub2:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the Congratulations video (cause I bought it off iTunes early, should be on YouTube tomorrow)

It is actually pretty sad. It sorta reminds me of Yeasayer's Madder Red video with the strange creature and all, but much more endearing.

Besides that, the filming is really pretty and...Andrew is half shirtless.:wub2:

Oh, cool! Can't wait! I love this song so much :wub2:

:bye: guys!! have been away for a week 'cause i went camping!!! but no worries, i think i manage to catch up all MGMT news :naughty:

and i think you need THESE also??? :teehee:

1.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-2.jpg

but i don't know what mag they are from!! anyone knows?? i wanna get a copy... it's just beyond adorable jesussssss :wub2:

and i'm now pretending the link of the Congratulations vid is not working for me 'cause my birthday's coming!! i wanna watch it on that day so that Andy, Beno, James, Will and Matt all will send me the best bday gift :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by huikings

OK I found a link, but since it's not the official release, I'm not sure if it'll get taken down.

But it's working right now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNLNfQucoUU

Why is it so sad? :sad: Poor.. creature :tears:

Oh, I just saw it on utube through tumblr. (Don't ask me how that worked, don't have any idea! :dunno:) It is really sad and beautifully filmed.

But I am not sure I want that film associated in my mind with the song. I just have a quite different picture in my head.... It is somehow with a favorite book: you know how the pple in it look like and then they make a film about it and the actors look quite differently and you're disappointed. Well I am not disappointed seeing Andrew and Ben, but...what can they mean with it? *scratching my head*

Edited by southeast

:bye: guys!! have been away for a week 'cause i went camping!!! but no worries, i think i manage to catch up all MGMT news :naughty:

and i think you need THESE also??? :teehee:

but i don't know what mag they are from!! anyone knows?? i wanna get a copy... it's just beyond adorable jesussssss :wub2:

and i'm now pretending the link of the Congratulations vid is not working for me 'cause my birthday's coming!! i wanna watch it on that day so that Andy, Beno, James, Will and Matt all will send me the best bday gift :mf_rosetinted:

:bye: Hey, hello, how are you? How was camping? I slept in a tent few weeks ago and it was not very comfy. :teehee:

Thanks for the pics. :wub2: I don't know where they are from, but Vanessa sure does! :thumb_yello:

When is your birthday?

Oh, I just saw it on utube through tumblr. (Don't ask me how that worked, don't have any idea! :dunno:) It is really sad and beautifully filmed.

But I am not sure I want that film associated in my mind with the song. I just have a quite different picture in my head.... It is somehow with a favorite book: you know how the pple in it look like and then they make a film about it and the actors look quite differently and you're disappointed. Well I am not disappointed seeing Andrew and Ben, but...what can they mean with it? *scratching my head*

no worries hun, i know what u mean!:naughty: that's why i always refuse to watch film/tv drama adapted from books i love!!

but well, i still hvn't watched this Congratulations vid... :teehee:

:bye: Hey, hello, how are you? How was camping? I slept in a tent few weeks ago and it was not very comfy. :teehee:

Thanks for the pics. :wub2: I don't know where they are from, but Vanessa sure does! :thumb_yello:

When is your birthday?

camping was fun!!!! but sleep deprivation made me look like **** now :mf_rosetinted: you slept in a tent?? ohhhh were you camping also?? :aah:

half an hour later!!!! 26th Aug :boing:

I don't know where those photos are from and I'm afraid there weren't posted on the official mgmt forum except for the picture where they are sleeping :naughty:

Here is a Japanese? or Chinese? interview

http://www.honeyee.com/feature/2010/mgmt_cornelius/contents.html

i'm still not on the forum.. every info comes from tumblr :naughty:

it's a Japanese interview!! whoaaaa love the pics!!! thank you for posting!!

no worries hun, i know what u mean!:naughty: that's why i always refuse to watch film/tv drama adapted from books i love!!

but well, i still hvn't watched this Congratulations vid... :teehee:

camping was fun!!!! but sleep deprivation made me look like **** now :mf_rosetinted: you slept in a tent?? ohhhh were you camping also?? :aah:

half an hour later!!!! 26th Aug :boing:

Hey, here in Europe it is still the 25., but anyway: Happy Birthday to you!!!! :yay: All the best and have a blast and a fun day! And I am very interested what do you think about that vid. :wink2:

Yeah, camping....I was at a three day party in a small wooden house with other 50-60 pple with one toilet :shocked:. The house was real small so we had to camp outside. It was really fun, pple danced till 4 o'clock but it was very cold and then hot in that tent and I hated that "sock" in which I had to sleep, I dunno how do call that in English? :blink:

Anyways, I am going to London for the next 4 days. :biggrin2: Will be here again on Monday. See ya. :bye:

Hey, here in Europe it is still the 25., but anyway: Happy Birthday to you!!!! :yay: All the best and have a blast and a fun day! And I am very interested what do you think about that vid.

Yeah, camping....I was at a three day party in a small wooden house with other 50-60 pple with one toilet :shocked:. The house was real small so we had to camp outside. It was really fun, pple danced till 4 o'clock but it was very cold and then hot in that tent and I hated that "sock" in which I had to sleep, I dunno how do call that in English? :blink:

Anyways, I am going to London for the next 4 days. :biggrin2: Will be here again on Monday. See ya. :

thank you!! and i hope you had a wonderful trip as well!! :biggrin2: (btw may i ask where you are from?? it isn't shown under your name :aah:)

and "sock"... i guess you were refering to a "sleeping bag"? dunno if i'm right though :teehee:

as for the Congratulations vid, to be frank i was a bit disappointed when i FIRST saw it. it's not filled up with a lot of creative stuffs like FD or It's Working-- seemingly it's not as fun as those.

but then when i watched it for the second time, i realised how beautiful the whole thing actually is! and i love how you can still find a trace of freakiness in such a beautiful vid :naughty: and i agree with you... the vid is different from what i have been imagining ever since i heard the song. i NEVER have this kind of sad feeling when i listen to it!! on the contrary the scenes in my mind are all lovely peaceful... esp for the lines "i lay down the quilt upon the lawn...." and i think this's good coz it really offers something that is not in the song and adds to the atmosphere :blush-anim-cl:

i've been pondering over the meaning of this vid for a while. perhaps the creature represents their "old good music" like Kids & Time To Pretend?? they love these songs like they care about the dying camel. but in the end they just let it go and DISSOLVE. they applause for what they've achieved with this old goodies and they are ready for a new off-mainstream journey :wub2:

okay i' know i'm over-interpreting this :mf_rosetinted:

Less than four weeks now until I see MGMT :woot_jump:

(I might be going to see Violens too on 1st October.:biggrin2:)

As for the Congratulations video...yes it's very strange and moving. I always get the impression their videos are based on weird dreams they've had. The creature in the video, and the whole video actually, looks just like the kind of strange dream I often have. :naughty:

I like them too! I guess I need to buy CD as I already like a lot the two tracks I heard!

I feel unfaithful to Mika though:naughty:

Yeah, well, we're all unfaithfull to Mika on this thread.

But I don't think he takes any notice. :teehee:

Buy that CD, it's brilliant!

thank you!! and i hope you had a wonderful trip as well!! :biggrin2: (btw may i ask where you are from?? it isn't shown under your name :aah:)

and "sock"... i guess you were refering to a "sleeping bag"? dunno if i'm right though :teehee:

as for the Congratulations vid, to be frank i was a bit disappointed when i FIRST saw it. it's not filled up with a lot of creative stuffs like FD or It's Working-- seemingly it's not as fun as those.

but then when i watched it for the second time, i realised how beautiful the whole thing actually is! and i love how you can still find a trace of freakiness in such a beautiful vid :naughty: and i agree with you... the vid is different from what i have been imagining ever since i heard the song. i NEVER have this kind of sad feeling when i listen to it!! on the contrary the scenes in my mind are all lovely peaceful... esp for the lines "i lay down the quilt upon the lawn...." and i think this's good coz it really offers something that is not in the song and adds to the atmosphere :blush-anim-cl:

i've been pondering over the meaning of this vid for a while. perhaps the creature represents their "old good music" like Kids & Time To Pretend?? they love these songs like they care about the dying camel. but in the end they just let it go and DISSOLVE. they applause for what they've achieved with this old goodies and they are ready for a new off-mainstream journey :wub2:

okay i' know i'm over-interpreting this :mf_rosetinted:

I was born and raised in Bulgaria and lived there till I was 19 and then came to study to Germany and stayed here. :-)

Yeah, sleeping bag....it's nothing for me, cause I sleep in such strange positions....I get claustrophobic when I have to sleep in one.

I like your interpretation of Congratulations. It seems somehow "logical" to me... Or perhaps they are refering to their "old way of life" before getting famous? I like the vid more and more, it's moving and dreamy. And it is unobtrusive but impressive at the same time. And very gentle. Yeah, I like it. It's just like with their music: you have to watch it few times but then it grows on you. :wink2:

Less than four weeks now until I see MGMT :woot_jump:

(I might be going to see Violens too on 1st October.:biggrin2:)

As for the Congratulations video...yes it's very strange and moving. I always get the impression their videos are based on weird dreams they've had. The creature in the video, and the whole video actually, looks just like the kind of strange dream I often have. :naughty:

it's SURREALISM :teehee:

The_Persistence_of_Memory.jpg

I was born and raised in Bulgaria and lived there till I was 19 and then came to study to Germany and stayed here. :-)

Yeah, sleeping bag....it's nothing for me, cause I sleep in such strange positions....I get claustrophobic when I have to sleep in one.

I like your interpretation of Congratulations. It seems somehow "logical" to me... Or perhaps they are refering to their "old way of life" before getting famous? I like the vid more and more, it's moving and dreamy. And it is unobtrusive but impressive at the same time. And very gentle. Yeah, I like it. It's just like with their music: you have to watch it few times but then it grows on you. :wink2:

oh i see! and you said you are going to their German gig in December right??

actually i'm going to be an exchange student in France in January and my coming semester in HK is gonna end on 30 Nov... now i'm tempted BADLY to get on the plane earlier in December to see one of those MGMT European gigs!!!!!!!!!!! :fangurl:

awwwww this idea is killing me :sneaky2:

oh i see! and you said you are going to their German gig in December right??

actually i'm going to be an exchange student in France in January and my coming semester in HK is gonna end on 30 Nov... now i'm tempted BADLY to get on the plane earlier in December to see one of those MGMT European gigs!!!!!!!!!!! :fangurl:

awwwww this idea is killing me :sneaky2:

Yes, I am going on the 7th of Dec. :boing:

About coming to see them: why not? They have several gigs in Europe in December, don't they?