Yearbook: COVER ART chat room!

MIKA, run along now if you are here! Not for your eyes!... YET!

Official Yearbook thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15696

Everyone who signed up to work on The Cover of the yearbook should meet here to brainstorm. If you want to sign up for this, do so in the official thread first please. You can contribute ideas, but in the end we’ll need the artists to make it happen. The cover not only includes the front, but also the back.

This is our inspiration so far, the magazine Mika was so fascinated by in one of his video blogs.

coolmag.jpg

We’re planning on a collage type thing so far. Pictures, doodles/drawings Keeping in mind the theme of the yearbook “ How Much do we Love you?” Playing on Mika’s song “How much do you love me?”

So, lets answer his question!

I’m sure some can relate to this: Do you know when you ask a little kid, “ How much do you love me???” and they go “This much!!” and they spread their arms out really wide. Well it’s the cutest thing : ) and so I was thinking of a sketch of arms holding a globe/world and from there sort of like a confetti explosion of pictures, words drawings etc.

There’s my idea! Let’s get rolling…

COVER TEAM:

BonjourMika

Ankmet 20

Mozarella

englishrose

iadoremika

MikaL00v3

Marianne84

Guineverer

Emerald

Meyer Twins

lovelove mika

hotdlp

Daydreambeliever

Louiza

Findingmywords

Zsina

Juls93

Hotdlp

Edited by BonjourMika1990

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that painting! You just need How much do we love YOU MIKA

And some extra random meaningful items floating around the page.:wub2:

yay you like it! :D omg how could i forget to add in 'mika' :roftl:

yup maybe we can add a few other collage-ish stuff: i've been looking at the photos from Amelia's Magazine, they're absolutely awesome.

Some ideas that have popped into our heads are these:

Maybe something with hands. Like how a person makes a heart with their two hands. We've drawn that before.

Also maybe an earth (globe) but as the shape of a heart.

We like the idea of the hands/arms wrapping around the world and lots of neat designs coming out of it. Yay! We're excited.

I like your idea! i tried doing a rough drawing of your idea just to facilitate in getting the ball rolling:

hmdwlycovermp7.jpg

its a little untidy, but i hope i did your idea justice!

oooh I love it !

and I love the idea !

I could do a sketch thing for it aswell. I'll do it tonight.

Hey everyone!!

I know I haven't signed up for that section, but I'm REALLY excited about that project, like, really!!! And I wonder if I could give some ideas I had, even though I'm not officially in?:blush-anim-cl:

Okay, so a couple minutes have passed and this is what I've thought of thus far...

In the first post it says the cover not only includes the front but the back as well. So maybe we can make the front of the yearbook one thing and the back as the backview of it. So say we had a person with outreached hands on the front we could have the back of them on the other side.

It is supposed to be a collage type thing? Well, if we do one big area it could be made up of many little photos. For example, say we had a sunset for a sky it could be made up of different photos in yellows and oranges.

I'll think of more ideas:wink2:

I really like that exploding world Idea, because the MFC is really from all different corners of the globe...and I think it would be cool for Mika to be hit smack in the face with the fact that he has touched so many lives.

Idea, idea, idea.

We could combine both the ideas (outreached arms and exploding earth) and have the person, child whatever...have the arms outreached with the earth bursting in their hands.

The hands could be drawn by someone, a photo...whatever.

The earth: the land parts of it could be photos that we take or something like that.

And the stuff popping out of the earth should be MFC related: chickens, apples etc...

And another idea...

with the "I love you this much" arms outreached right? Well, make it look like a person is doing that and the earth and stuff could be a design on the tshirt they're wearing. And the pants...make cool designs and stuff (MFC related of course) on them like those pants Mika wore (see below) and have suspenders dangling from them (you know like when they are clipped to your pants but aren't "on")

06.jpg

The background, I think, should contrast what's in the foreground somehow or another. Say we had that person's tshirt white---the background could be a comination of pretty purples and yellows. Could even put a but of a shadow or something around what's in the foreground.

As for the title---I think it would be cool to have each of the letters unqiue. Have you ever done that with newspaper cutouts? Cut each letter from a different source and then put it together to make that word? Except ours would be drawn by everyone.

What do you think?

Okay, so a couple minutes have passed and this is what I've thought of thus far...

In the first post it says the cover not only includes the front but the back as well. So maybe we can make the front of the yearbook one thing and the back as the backview of it. So say we had a person with outreached hands on the front we could have the back of them on the other side.

It is supposed to be a collage type thing? Well, if we do one big area it could be made up of many little photos. For example, say we had a sunset for a sky it could be made up of different photos in yellows and oranges.

I'll think of more ideas:wink2:

First of all, forgot to say that we LOVE the drawing on the first page! :thumb_yello: Second, this is an awesome idea iadoremika!!!!

Idea, idea, idea.

We could combine both the ideas (outreached arms and exploding earth) and have the person, child whatever...have the arms outreached with the earth bursting in their hands.

The earth: the land parts of it could be photos that we take or something like that.

And the stuff popping out of the earth should be MFC related: chickens, apples etc...

And another idea...

with the "I love you this much" arms outreached right? Well, make it look like a person is doing that and the earth and stuff could be a design on the tshirt they're wearing. And the pants...make cool designs and stuff (MFC related of course) on them like those pants Mika wore (see below) and have suspenders dangling from them (you know like when they are clipped to your pants but aren't "on")

06.jpg

The background, I think, should contrast what's in the foreground somehow or another. Say we had that person's tshirt white---the background could be a comination of pretty purples and yellows. Could even put a but of a shadow or something around what's in the foreground.

As for the title---I think it would be cool to have each of the letters unqiue. Have you ever done that with newspaper cutouts? Cut each letter from a different source and then put it together to make that word? Except ours would be drawn by everyone.

What do you think?

OMG OMG, we love the idea of the newspaper letter cut outs. That would be awesome if everybody could do a letter or two. We should definately go with this.

First of all, forgot to say that we LOVE the drawing on the first page! :thumb_yello: Second, this is an awesome idea iadoremika!!!!

Thanks so much:wink2:

OMG OMG, we love the idea of the newspaper letter cut outs. That would be awesome if everybody could do a letter or two. We should definately go with this.

I'm glad you like my idea:wink2:

I agree- everyone drawing a few letters would be awesome. I think hand drawn stuff by everyone combined into one title would be interesting.

Thanks so much:wink2:

I'm glad you like my idea:wink2:

I agree- everyone drawing a few letters would be awesome. I think hand drawn stuff by everyone combined into one title would be interesting.

I don't know about hand-drawn. with this many people that might get messy and complicated..and we want it to look nice.

I don't know about hand-drawn. with this many people that might get messy and complicated..and we want it to look nice.

That is true...perhaps we could get a couple of neat/artistic people to draw them..?

Some people can draw some and some people could do them by computer. That is just another option.

We love to draw!:thumb_yello:

That is true as well.

I'd be up to draw some as well.

To make it look less "messy"- we could set an early deadline for the elements going into the cover and that way we'll have pleanty of time to double check and finalize what looks good and what doesn't...

Idea, idea, idea.

And another idea...

06.jpg

What do you think?

I think tour idea is really great, I can make another sketch to show everyone the idea visually... And I think hand drawn art works the best, you see how fantastic mika's album art worked out. we can all contribute to the art and refine/standardise it in photoshop?

thank you! I can continue helping out with sketches of everyone's ideas and also contributing ideas :)

I think tour idea is really great, I can make another sketch to show everyone the idea visually... And I think hand drawn art works the best, you see how fantastic mika's album art worked out. we can all contribute to the art and refine/standardise it in photoshop?

Tour idea?

I know...his album art has worked out great you are right!!!