Yearbook: LAYOUT DESIGN TEAMS!

Hey girls!

OK, so remember last year's book? We had a two page spread to introduce each section... and it had the title of the section and a few words about what was to come on the following pages.

So, I wanted to do the same with all of these. I can probably write the little paragraphs for all the sections, and work it in to each spread.

We just want something really eye popping to open up for every section, something that says alot, without distracting him too much.

and from there, layouts for the pages to follow the spread should be fairly similar, but not too uniform I suppose. I guess font sizes and fonts themselves should be the same for each individual section.

I hope all of that makes some sense:thumb_yello:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:Update:

So, layout people, here's the plan.

We'll give people about another month and a half to sign up for layout. On Saturday, August 30th we will post a list of who is doing what section, in terms of layout.

By then we'll also likely have a better sense if Mika has any other public appearances planned for 2008, or if the summer festival dates basically wrap things up.

At that point I'll email everyone a link where they can download the raw content for their section - the pics/text that we've received. That way people can begin the layout process as we head into September. :thumb_yello:

Let me know if anyone has any questions! :punk:

• 4 weeks later...
it'll get bette :)

I have an idea for the art layout... how about an ANDY WARHOL INSPIRED pop art two page spread????

Now that we know he likes watches with warhol like designs...

Hmmm that's a nice idea:thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

Will I didn't commit to it earlier because I knew I wouldn't be around until now but I'd love to do as much stuff as I can but don't want to tread on anyone's toes or duplicate stuff that's being done.

Will I didn't commit to it earlier because I knew I wouldn't be around until now but I'd love to do as much stuff as I can but don't want to tread on anyone's toes or duplicate stuff that's being done.

As far as I know, nothing is done! So, you can do what ever you want... the only part that I think someone said she would love to do is the art seccion.

it'll get bette :)

I have an idea for the art layout... how about an ANDY WARHOL INSPIRED pop art two page spread????

Now that we know he likes watches with warhol like designs...

Hmmm that's a nice idea:thumb_yello:

Melanie, did anything happen with the artpage layout??

I'd like to do the warhol thing you suggested if it's not been done already.

Hmmmm...I just realised it was Ingie who showed an interest in doing the art page! :naughty:

Everyone througohut this thread, periodically on all of the pages has been showing interest on various sections (since the thread was started way back when). So I guess we should wait for whoever's supervising us to give us assignments and materials or whatever. ;):)

Personally, I originally got the impression we'd be doing layout after everyone turned everything in- I don't think our deadline is the 15th.

Everyone througohut this thread, periodically on all of the pages has been showing interest on various sections (since the thread was started way back when). So I guess we should wait for whoever's supervising us to give us assignments and materials or whatever. ;):)

Personally, I originally got the impression we'd be doing layout after everyone turned everything in- I don't think our deadline is the 15th.

okay!:thumb_yello: hope it'll be fantastic!

• 1 month later...

Hey peeps!

Melanie asked me to PM everyone on the list here and get a head count for who's still interested and has real experience to offer etc. Laying out is a big part of the yearbook, so we need reliable designers who know how to work it!

So before I send out PMs, here's the last call for anyone still interested. Remember, we need experienced and reliable people. Signed up right now we have:

Mozarella

IngievV

Guineverer

Ju ju lea

Akateisakate

(And Melanie and Mana)

I'll PM all of you soon to check in.

And if there's anyone else, respond and I'll PM you also to confirm.

Melanie and Mana going to be ready for us next week. Woot woot!!!

Any questions, just ask in this thread I guess.

what all does the layout team do?

i'm certainly not signing on to anything, but just wondering what all you guys do. i didn't get to participate in the yearbook, so just wondering what this phase does. :wink2:

Edited by superstar

what all does the layout team do?

i'm certainly not signing on to anything, but just wondering what all you guys do. i didn't get to participate in the yearbook, so just wondering what this phase does. :wink2:

Using design software to physically layout and design the look of all the pages. Do you have experience in that area/ would you be interested?

And bump- any takers? I know some people randomly expressed interest in this thread, but if you weren't in the original list, I haven't counted you yet. So reply if you're officially interested...

Using design software to physically layout and design the look of all the pages. Do you have experience in that area/ would you be interested?

And bump- any takers? I know some people randomly expressed interest in this thread, but if you weren't in the original list, I haven't counted you yet. So reply if you're officially interested...

i can use photoshop, even though the version i use is really old (elements 2), that is the type i am most familiar with. i actually submitted a banner to the competition--but i don't know exactly. :thumb_yello:

this winter break would be a good time for me to work, if you needed it, because school will be out. but after that then i'll be busy again. :thumbdown:

Well now we're at the stage where we need people to commit yes or no. If you are sure you could handle using Photohop to design pages independently...

I don't think this will work--turns out I'm not going to be by a computer over winter break. :thumbdown:

Maybe next yeah though! So sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys!

So, I need to know if everyone has an msn messenger account? and if so you can pm me that so that we all (the layout team) can set up a date to chat about the plan...and if someone doesnt have an account than what day would be good to meet here...

I'm also waiting on a final count of proofers...

proofers in most cases will be paired off with a layout person (5-1)

and we need to figure out how we are going to get the files from me, to the proofers, from the proofers to layout...

any ideas?

I don't have MSN but I can make one quickly. Right now my schedule is kind of sporadic as I'm working in retail and my schedule is kind of unpredicatable, but we could probably find a time to chat! Cool!

If we're talking sections, I'm interested in the Lollipop Girl Chronicles or Art.

yeah there are only a few submissions for lg chronicles, art has tons more...but it's easier than laying out text. if you want, you can take both.

other than that there's

HMCML

PICTURES (with mika, with band, mfc'ers hanging out, costumes)

we can partner up with these as well:thumb_yello: