Yearbook: LAYOUT DESIGN TEAMS!

I have one:)

And i dont know if you've used this function in msn before but there is a thing called "Shared folders" you can set up with any contact of yours...Mine's in swedish so I'm not sure exactly what it is called in english:bleh:

Anywho, there you can just drag'n'drop files and then the other person can go to the "shared folders" and just save all the files:D

Its as easy as going to a mika show and have fun:bleh:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah there are only a few submissions for lg chronicles, art has tons more...but it's easier than laying out text. if you want, you can take both.

other than that there's

HMCML

PICTURES (with mika, with band, mfc'ers hanging out, costumes)

we can partner up with these as well:thumb_yello:

It doest really matter for me:bleh:

But I love layouting in word so If its okay for everyone I can take the HMCML section?

Laying out text isn't so bad, I don't mind that. I've laid out newspapers and stuff. But how big is the Art section?

And I don't know what the deadline is, but if it's after January 15, I could totally use some of the fancy software at school. :das:

Edited by AKateisaKate

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladyies :)

So here's what I was thinking:

Melanie: Mandatory, Autographs

Mana: Memories

Mozarella: HMCML

Kate: Lollipop Girl and Big Girl Chronicles, Art

Ingie: The Pictures section: With Mika, With Band, MFC hanging out. MFC dressed up

Guineverer: Poetry

The sections that will include pictures: Pictures section (of course), Lollipop Girl & Big Girl Chronicles, Art, Autograph, Mandatory (which are mine,and already on my computer) and memories

So what will happen before we can start layout pictures, either by themselves or within text is I have to make seperate albums on photobucket to make it easier for everyone to access all of those pictures. Once that happens you'll get a pm with the album link and or password to access it.

The proofreades are already at work, all of that should be done by early next week. Photobucket albums however should be put up by the end of the week. Also, based on what section you are laying out you will have a few proofers who will send you the corrected stories.

I'm going to send out pms soon, today or tomorrow assigning them a layout person. And of course they will have your msn account for file transfer. once proofreaders are assigned to a layout person, communcation has to take place between you so that there is little confusion.

I hope that all sounds good! Please let me know if there are any questions:thumb_yello:

well the cover's got a circus theme going on... i'm not sure how the inside should look. Generally, not too over the top...clean lines, etc. what do you guys think?

I agree, but we could adjust the colour theme to the circus theme:thumb_yello:

At my old high school's yearbook, to keep the theme contingent they always did something with the page numbers so when you flip through the pages it would fade into like an animated image in the bottom corner. Now I know that's too complicated to do a fading thing for us (their yearbook is like 600 pages), but if we do page numbers at the end, maybe they could follow the circus theme somehow. Just a little thought!

At my old high school's yearbook, to keep the theme contingent they always did something with the page numbers so when you flip through the pages it would fade into like an animated image in the bottom corner. Now I know that's too complicated to do a fading thing for us (their yearbook is like 600 pages), but if we do page numbers at the end, maybe they could follow the circus theme somehow. Just a little thought!

the flip-book page number idea is rather good i think! but i don't know how we're going to do it... it'll be awesome if it can be done!

I'm not involved in the layout but I am interested (and still available should anyone need me!) so I wondered about a tumbling clown for each page corner?

It could just tumble round and round in a circle so that it didn't need the number to be moving across the page?

I'd happily have a go at drawing some to try it out.

Edited by vixenbbw

Ok so what colour scheme do we take? And what is the size of a page?

well, according to the publisher's site: http://www.lulu.com/en/products/hardcover/?cid=en_home_publish

the book will be 8.25" by 10.75"...which is a little less than the size of computer paper I think.

I don't know if that helps, I'm no good with this. Mana's better.:wink2: