2008 - MIKA @ Festival de Nîmes-Arènes de Nîmes - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS

bubuciiis

my pictures

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=5655&l=570ff&id=1022105307

Here I am.

Long journey by car (aprox 700 km.), but pleasant. On monday morning at 7:30 a.m. I’m in front of arena: with me only Virginie of the French forum. Lovely day..burning sun!

The tour buses arrived the day before and are parked a few metres away.

As we are standing in front of the arena entry, one guy from the security staff pushes us to keep off from the gate. We must stay in the arena square !

The time goes by slowly: only the sun and the wind are with us!

Around 2:30/3:00 p.m. sounds check start.. then Martin and Cherisse pass in front of us as two common tourists.

T-shirts and poster sellers starts displaying their merchandise and meanwhile the people increase. At 7:00 p.m. finally the green signal: usual perquisition and then running inside: this time too I’m in the first row on the left of the stage! At 8:00 p.m. an unknown to me French group starts performing its songs….then Yelle and then MIKA!

He wears the same jacket as worn in Paris show, with black pants and white shirt with a robot drawn on.. very fluffy hair.. the arena explodes! The next day a local newspaper writes: “Stronger MIKA then the Mistral wind!”

As usual we sing together with him and even if in certain moments his voice is not really at the most we don’t realize it. MIKA assures that this is the most beautiful place where he ever sung and the arena is really magic tonight!

The songs flow fast and Lollipop arrives too soon always.. he gives us Aux Champs Elysées and GK in French.. at Stuck in the middle he divides us in two groups when it lengthens the end of the song .. now he speaks in French only.. he thanks the audience of the nice evening and all those people who shared with him more than a gig during the tour.

Then everything ends. We go towards the artists exit: there is a long barrier, but everyone finds his own place. At about 1:30 a.m. MIKA gets out and stay for a while with us: a quick greeting, an autograph, a few words, then run to the car that will bring him back to the hotel.

All the members of MIKA’s band and Mr.John and Andy too sign the flag of MFC.. at the end also Yasmine signs it as Dawack !

A last greeting to the companions in adventure and then to sleep.

Personally I am not going to attend any other gigs.. therefore I’m not happy at all.. anyway I want to thank MIKA to have given all himself for another unforgettable moment together.

I think that in Nimes he got the confirm how much we love him: the hundreds lights glittering in the dark have spoken for us! :wub2:

(sorry for my bad English....)

Thank you for the lovely report Dani!

I'm glad so many people of Mika's 'entourage' signed the flag! :punk:

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the wonderful report Aimee! Lmao chicken condoms! And you say its to use for when he gets bored? Ahem... I guess he'd blow them up or something

Hehe, that happened to me as well when I saw him, he was like half a metre away from him, and he looked at me while I was.. staring at him, then I got a bit shy so I looked away :naughty: But he has those hooking good looks that his brother has. :wub2:

hahahahaha i didnt even look at it that way i meant the farting putty! maybe thats why he was laughing so much!!!!!!!!!!!!:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

isnt his brother just:wub2:

hahahahaha i didnt even look at it that way i meant the farting putty! maybe thats why he was laughing so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

isnt his brother just:wub2:

Ok :roftl: Seemed like you meant the whole bunch of stuff you gave him :roftl: I can actually see him now using that farting putty while he's writing up his blogs :naughty:

Yes, yes he is.. he kept me entertained while I was waiting for Mika to come on :roftl: Although I did give a few more glances at him while Mika was performing. He was so sweet looking at his big bro and smiling it him, aww! :wub2:

Ok :roftl: Seemed like you meant the whole bunch of stuff you gave him :roftl: I can actually see him now using that farting putty while he's writing up his blogs :naughty:

Yes, yes he is.. he kept me entertained while I was waiting for Mika to come on :roftl: Although I did give a few more glances at him while Mika was performing. He was so sweet looking at his big bro and smiling it him, aww! :wub2:

he disappeared after the first opening band:thumbdown: he didnt seem to like them at all lol!