Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

I've stopped reading the blog comments, cos it takes too long to find the interesting ones amid the fawning ones. I'd even stopped reading these threads (had to find part 3) but thought there may be some interesting discussion on the poetry blog, so here I present myself.

*waits for interesting discussion to ensue*

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're obviously not paying attention :bleh:. Or they don't like poetry, or Mr.Men.....or sweaty arms :naughty:

And if I had known when I posted a comment that I would be for once the first, I would have tried to say something relevant, like the hundreds of "I'm the first to comment! Yay!" that I've read over the blogs.....like....10 times in the same blog :roftl::roftl:

The first and ONLY comment. Wouldn't that be wonderful if it stayed that way? :naughty:

I've stopped reading the blog comments, cos it takes too long to find the interesting ones amid the fawning ones. I'd even stopped reading these threads (had to find part 3) but thought there may be some interesting discussion on the poetry blog, so here I present myself.

*waits for interesting discussion to ensue*

:naughty:

I haven't posted many comments on his blogs so far, but I've just posted FOUR on this one. I don't know if you'll find them interesting at all, but hey... I'll put it out there.

I wrote that I didn't see the humour in the end, I simply found it depressing - but good. Comments (other than Sara's) aren't approved yet, so...

I wrote that this section:

“I shaved carefully with an old razor

the man who had once been young and

said to have genius; but

that’s the tragedy of the leaves,

the dead ferns, the dead plants;”

Reminded me of Robert Frost's Nothing Gold Can Stay:

"Nature’s first green is gold,

Her hardest hue to hold.

Her early leaf’s a flower;

But only so an hour.

Then leaf subsides to leaf.

So Eden sank to grief,

So dawn goes down to day.

Nothing gold can stay."

Their common theme - to me - is the mourning of things that were once in their prime and in their glory, and then their inevitable fall from grace.

Then I watched the video of him reading his poem... I LOVED it. It reminded me of an aspiring writer that I know, but it also speaks to all of us in that we have a common need to reach out to others and know we are not alone in searching for answers.

Ps - yes, I know this isn't a very deep analysis... :bleh:

Maybe if I bait him, and say "well it looks like he's not going to do another blog today then!", he'll pop out of his bolthole and put one on.

Usually seems to do the trick:roftl::roftl::roftl:.

Ha ha, works every time:wink2:.

I think they should create a new Mr Man, inspired by Mika. MR BENDY!:naughty:

hey there!!! im back! :shocked: cant believe i lost half of the thread!! (today i had to catch up with all the stuff i didnt do yesterday at work, because of the fake blog thing) :roftl::bleh:

i've just read few more comments posted on MSB about Dr. Seuss!! we are doing it great!!!!!!!!!!!! *applausse for everyone*

as i cant read now all the thread back, i need to know if we are still on this for the coming blogs, are we???!!!!

Though i wonder if we should comment when mika's topic has nothing to do with our fake blog. Maybe we should bring up the subject only if we find the way to link it.

is just a thought... :angel_not:

what do you think?:bleh:

hey there!!! im back! :shocked: cant believe i lost half of the thread!! (today i had to catch up with all the stuff i didnt do yesterday at work, because of the fake blog thing) :roftl::bleh:

i've just read few more comments posted on MSB about Dr. Seuss!! we are doing it great!!!!!!!!!!!! *applausse for everyone*

as i cant read now all the thread back, i need to know if we are still on this for the coming blogs, are we???!!!!

Though i wonder if we should comment when mika's topic has nothing to do with our fake blog. Maybe we should bring up the subject only if we find the way to link it.

is just a thought... :angel_not:

what do you think?:bleh:

I think we should stop. If we keep doing it he'll get annoyed and stop posting blogs.

I haven't posted many comments on his blogs so far, but I've just posted FOUR on this one. I don't know if you'll find them interesting at all, but hey... I'll put it out there.

I wrote that I didn't see the humour in the end, I simply found it depressing - but good. Comments (other than Sara's) aren't approved yet, so...

said to have genius; but

Her hardest hue to hold.

But only so an hour.

So Eden sank to grief,

Nothing gold can stay."

Their common theme - to me - is the mourning of things that were once in their prime and in their glory, and then their inevitable fall from grace.

Then I watched the video of him reading his poem... I LOVED it. It reminded me of an aspiring writer that I know, but it also speaks to all of us in that we have a common need to reach out to others and know we are not alone in searching for answers.

Pffft. My comment is hardly deep, you're in good company.

littlemissedperiod.jpg

:roftl:

I did, in his blog. :naughty: You'll see it when he approves comments.

--Jack

So I have to wait? :sneaky2:

I missed all this.... anyone want to fill me in?

MrMen.jpg

I LOOOOOVE Mr. Men!! Always have!

For some reason they totally do it for me visually...and more than once I had a Mr. Tall and a Mr. Skinny book in my hands and thought of buying it for Mika, cause I find them so cute, but I decided against it in case he took offence about the tall/skinny thing.

I love them all though. I even have a nightie with a "Litlle Miss Naughty" on it and I'm 37 haahahah!!!

How infantile is that :roftl:.

The first and ONLY comment. Wouldn't that be wonderful if it stayed that way? :naughty:

I think that Da Mastah is distracted with other things right now. :naughty: TSK, TSK, Mika, go back to work !

said to have genius; but

Her hardest hue to hold.

But only so an hour.

So Eden sank to grief,

Nothing gold can stay."

Ps - yes, I know this isn't a very deep analysis...

I love that Robert Frost one as well! As a Spaniard who had to study Spanish and Catalan (and Latin :thumbdown:) literature at school, I had no clue about english language stuff.

I discovered this poem though a movie that I was obsessed with at the time, "The Outsiders", as they read it out there, and it really touched me. Aaah...

said to have genius; but

Her hardest hue to hold.

But only so an hour.

So Eden sank to grief,

Nothing gold can stay."

I love how you follow your deep intellectual discussion with this:

littlemissedperiod.jpg

:floor::floor::floor:

I LOOOOOVE Mr. Men!! Always have!

For some reason they totally do it for me visually...

Me too... I loved them when I was a kid.

I love them all though. I even have a nightie with a "Litlle Miss Naughty" on it and I'm 37 haahahah!!!

How infantile is that :roftl:.

Cute! :naughty: