Go To MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 3)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey there!!! im back! :shocked: cant believe i lost half of the thread!! (today i had to catch up with all the stuff i didnt do yesterday at work, because of the fake blog thing) :roftl::bleh:

i've just read few more comments posted on MSB about Dr. Seuss!! we are doing it great!!!!!!!!!!!! *applausse for everyone*

as i cant read now all the thread back, i need to know if we are still on this for the coming blogs, are we???!!!!

Though i wonder if we should comment when mika's topic has nothing to do with our fake blog. Maybe we should bring up the subject only if we find the way to link it.

is just a thought... :angel_not:

what do you think?:bleh:

I really don't know what you guys are talking about. I know LM wrote something amusing (and I don't even know where she wrote it) but apart from that... I'm clueless.

I really don't know what you guys are talking about. I know LM wrote something amusing (and I don't even know where she wrote it) but apart from that... I'm clueless.

oh never mind! my bad! :blush-anim-cl:

i was asking if the fake blog was still in motion (is the correct way to say it?? - sorry not native speaker)

anyway, never mind!!:thumb_yello:

Christine :

Date: August 15, 2008 @ 1:07 am

Nothing lightens a morose poem quite like some fat sweaty arms.

Christine ©

:lmfao::floor:

That's not so bad. I think it'll get a good laugh :lol3:

Something along the lines of "Mika dahling, you have really poor taste in poetry"?

Isn't taste in poetry quite personal though, like taste in icecream? As much as I'd like to pretend I'm intellectual, I just don't get a lot of poetry. It has to say something fairly obvious to me. And vanilla is the most popular flavour on the planet, even if it is the "most obvious" in a way. (Rum'n'raisin, butterscotch brickle, and old english toffee are my favourites, btw)

Isn't taste in poetry quite personal though, like taste in icecream? As much as I'd like to pretend I'm intellectual, I just don't get a lot of poetry. It has to say something fairly obvious to me. And vanilla is the most popular flavour on the planet, even if it is the "most obvious" in a way. (Rum'n'raisin, butterscotch brickle, and old english toffee are my favourites, btw)

Woohoo, me neither *high 5*

You'll see that in my comment :naughty:

I do actually like the poem... and Mint Chocolate Chip.

You can paste yours here too, if you want:naughty:

Oh, all right. It's long and lecture-y!

Jack Violet :

Date: August 15, 2008 @ 1:43 am

“Far from what I’d expect from a poet, I found his work accessible and full of humour.”

Come on, Mika! You’re not someone I expected to stereotype or practice reverse snobbery! Especially since you’re someone who appreciates classical music along with pop music–and you know how many people dismiss classical music as “stodgy” or “boring” or “pompous.”

Poetry is like any other genre–it contains a wide range or tone and expression. The poetry we consider “inaccessible” is usually just from a time period when a different type of expression was the norm. Sure there are “difficult” and obtuse poets, but same thing with musicians.

Have you read, for instance, the poetry of Anne Sexton? She’s a feminist poet so I don’t know how much her work would resonate with you, but her fairy-tale poems for instance are damn sharp and funny.

A sample:

http://plagiarist.com/poetry/?wid=597

Most of my favorite poets are Russian, so be glad I can’t give you endless links. ;-)

--Jack

Oh, all right. It's long and lecture-y!

--Jack

Swish and flick :naughty:

Let's see if he approves it :naughty:

Since we're all sharing, here's mine :naughty:

Nice blog. I’ve never been any good at understanding poems, but they’re still nice to read. I don’t think I’m deep enough to understand — sad.

You’re right, the endings are funny haha.

Thanks;-)

Sleep well.

Mine's not as fun :emot-sad: