Friends & Families in War

artsyfartsy17

Guys...today I just found out that my best friend's brother died in Iraq. I've known him all my life. He just married another friend of mine 8 months ago. They've got a child on the way. And now he's just gone.:tears:

My twin cousins are also in the war. Robert is the one on the left, he is doing his second trip to the Middle East; Matt, the one on the right, is just beginning his third.

003-3.jpg

I'm so worried about both of them, and so many others that I know who have been in this horrible war. I'm not posting this to start controversy or arguments, I don't even want to hear your opinion about the war or the politics behind it. It doesn't matter what side you're on, or whether you think this is for a good cause or not.

I just want someone to understand how I feel and maybe post if you know someone who's away from home right now, or who died, and just share your experiences; maybe we can talk it over, hopefully feel a little better. There isn't anyone in my area I can talk to without getting into a huge political discussion, and I just need someone who knows how I'm feeling right now.:tears:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to hear this. All I can say is, I admire his and all the other people who there. There courage and bravery is amazing.

We have some friends from Georgia, who got caught up in the russia- georgia war. Thankfully they have now returned to the uk.

Awww Artsy. :huglove:

I'm so sorry to hear that. :tears: I will keep you all in my thoughts! I don't know of anyone in the war, I do know someone that I've known ever since kindergarden that might be heading to the war sometime. We're not really close or talk since we don't see each other anymore but it's still a little worrisome...

I'm sorry I can't help. :(

Oh Amy :huglove::tears:

I'm so sorry to hear that. My best friend's cousin is in the war too. I've never known anyone who's died because of war, but I'm very sorry to hear it and I can imagine what everyone's going through. I hope everything goes fine, and I wish I could make you feel better somehow.

:flowers2: *hug*

Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear that. And a newlywed with a baby on the way... :tears:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether anyone believes in this war, thinks it's right or wrong, etc - what matters is that these people are over there doing something they believe in - and sometimes making enormous sacrifices.

I don't know anyone personally who is involved in this war, but I admire those who are willing to make such sacrifices for what they feel is right. Your friend's brother sounds like he was something special, and your cousins as well.

*hug* We're always here if you need to chat! :huglove:

I am so sorry. That has got to be very hard, especially within the circumstances.

I know a few people who are in the army who are very young, and i remember seeing them walking through the halls in school. It's very surreal to see their pictures from over there. It makes it that much more real, and it's really been getting to me lately. Nobody that I know has been hurt yet, but it's thats thinking about the possibility. I have found that it is very stressful to be worrying constantly...:boxed:

I won't get into my beliefs about the situation, but I will say that I would just like to see them home safe.

=/