You And You'r Future

purplegrape

I stole this idea from anoher forum, but I liked it and I don't think anyone here is on that forum too, so....

What do you want to do with you'r future?

Do you have any plans?

Career?

Marriage?

Children?

My world was torn apart a few months ago and i havent been able to fix it.

I wanted to be child psychologist but over the summer i had to read Equus :wub2: and it made me question things.

I dont think i believe in sanity/insanity.

and if I had to help a child with a reletive's death i dont think i could because i am very cold and uncaring on the topic of death.

so i was thinking social worker, but i dont know.

then i realized that im a senior in high school: :shocked:

1) I have no job

2) I have no car

3) I don't have my liscens

4) I hate living in this house

5) I don't know where my life is going

and i'm sure there are many things i havent listed. :crybaby:

Edited by purplegrape

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey :) don't be so negative...

i'm in the same situation...except for the "house"....i hate living in this country...

but i'm just trying to make all my best to change this.

i'm focusing on uni scholarships and doing my best on the last year of highschool

:huglove: don't worry, it'll be ok!

as for my plans...

well i want to go to med school...and that's the only plan i got.

i hate living after a to-do list :bleh:

haha, lets find out:

1) I'm currently listening to really good music

2) My mom isn't in the house at the moment

3) My sister is bing really quiet

4) I have an A in my American Gov't class

5) My best friend called a minute ago.

hows that?

this isn't necessarily a therapy session for me.

I want to know where everyone else is going in their lives.

other peoples happiness makes me happy :)

on a happier note I was thinking I'm just going to become a barefoot gypsy on the streets of New York and dance with a tambourine in the subways for money and in hopes of bumping into David Bowie.

until I realized that gypsys don't have hats for people to throw money in so I changd my plan to: Maybe I'll join a mime troupe in New York with the same goal.

Then I'll have a hat!!

:naughty:

positive enough outlook on life?

Hey Amber, don't worry that you are still undecided about what career path to take, it's not the end of the world and you still have time to decide :thumb_yello:

I'm in uni now and I still don't know where I see myself in 10 years time. I don't even know what country I want to be in! All I know is that for now I'm studying what I'm interested in (French and English) and I still have a few years before I finish this course so there is still time for me to decide what I'm going to do after.

I would like to get married though, yes, and have children :wub2: Not for about at least another 10 years though. :naughty:

haha, lets find out:

1) I'm currently listening to really good music

2) My mom isn't in the house at the moment

3) My sister is bing really quiet

4) I have an A in my American Gov't class

5) My best friend called a minute ago.

hows that?

lol! not bad:naughty:

hmm so am i supposed to write bad things in my life or good?:blink:

or a mix of them:bleh:

In my school we've been talking about this since the year started.:bleh:.

I'm between medicine and languages. I'll probably choose languages because medicine is too long and I'm not planing to stay in this country. So, my plan for now is finish with English, French, and a few other languages I want to learn, and move to another country.:bleh:.

I don't want to have kids because I wouldn't have time for what I want to do.

I'm happy because I really know what I want to do, and I'm in....don't know what year of school is it for you, next year is the last one.

I'm not thread-stalking you, I promise.:naughty: I've just got a lot of free time today and am going through the forums, catching up on my reading.

I think you could still be a child psychologist if you wanted, because in my opinon, the line between sanity and insanity is usually blurred and indistinct anyways, but that's just me. And don't worry about the five negative things, because I was in a very similar position around that time, and it got better. Just go at your own pace and sort things out one at time.:thumb_yello:

As for me, I moved to a new college two months ago, but am just now starting to acclimate and meet people. It's turned my life upside down, because it's four hours away from my hometown.(because I also hated living in my parents' house.) I haven't seen any of my friends since the night before I left. I don't have a car, so I'm pretty limited on where I can go, and I usually stay on campus for weeks at a time, until I have to ride my bike to the local grocery store for food.

BUT

I just changed my major from Art History to English, and I'm much happier, and getting really excited in my new career choice of high school english teacher. The teaching classes I've been taking are making me hyped up for it, and I'm constantly thinking up new ideas for classes I won't even be qualified to teach for years yet.:bleh:

I found a job in the campus dining hall as morning assistent chef and runner, and it's work that I really like with a very quirky group of people that have welcomed me whole-heartedly. Something about the food and dining industry attracts strange characters.:naughty:

I'm really happy about the way life has changed for me, especially because things were pretty bleak for years. All through high school and my first year of college, I was miserable and manic depressive. It wasn't until about two months before I discovered Mika (coincidence?) that there began to be a light at the end of the tunnel.:biggrin2:

lol! not bad:naughty:

hmm so am i supposed to write bad things in my life or good?:blink:

or a mix of them:bleh:

whatever you feel the future holdsfor you :)

In my school we've been talking about this since the year started.:bleh.

I'm happy because I really know what I want to do, and I'm in....don't know what year of school is it for you, next year is the last one.

thats Junior year for us.

I'm not thread-stalking you, I promise.:naughty I've just got a lot of free time today and am going through the forums, catching up on my reading.

I'm really happy about the way life has changed for me, especially because things were pretty bleak for years. All through high school and my first year of college, I was miserable and manic depressive. It wasn't until about two months before I discovered Mika (coincidence?) that there began to be a light at the end of the tunnel.:biggrin2:

Stalker:sneaky2:

:bleh: I'm sure Mika had a lot to do with it, lol

Indirectly, he did.:naughty:

I lost touch with almost all of my friends from high school in my first year of college. (I've since then gotten some of it back) I was very isolated and alone, and then some handsome fellow with an amazing talent was on the tv, and I liked him so much that I went online and ended up here.

There were times when the only social contact outside of my family was with the MFC and Mikasounds. It was pathetic, but it helped me through a tough time, which is why I love you guys so much.:wub2: