WORLD AIDS DAY...DEC 1st..

daisylou

I wish I could find the interview where MIKA says in his pockets he has not enough money and some condoms that someone gave him in Agnes B....but alas I can't.

There is another one...unless I dreamt it where he says ..(not a quote) something on the lines of that the focus on Aids has diminished since the driving force of campaigning in the 80's.

So shows MIKA is aware of what's going on in the world around him and I just wondered as the DECEMBER 1st date is nearly here again how you guys feel about it all....being that some of you weren't here when the 80's campaign was launched.

Are you more aware? and did you even know there was a World Aids Day and do/will you be supporting it? and do you think our MIKA will be too wherever he is in the world?

xxx

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could find the interview where MIKA says in his pockets he has not enough money and some condoms that someone gave him in Agnes B....but alas I can't.

There is another one...unless I dreamt it where he says ..(not a quote) something on the lines of that the focus on Aids has diminished since the driving force of campaigning in the 80's.

So shows MIKA is aware of what's going on in the world around him and I just wondered as the DECEMBER 1st date is nearly here again how you guys feel about it all....being that some of you weren't here when the 80's campaign was launched.

Are you more aware? and did you even know there was a World Aids Day and do/will you be supporting it? and do you think our MIKA will be too wherever he is in the world?

xxx

oh yeah I'm totally aware of it i have been since i was a kid yes i do support it too, i think i recall that interview but don't know where i found it though

yeah i'm sure mika probably supports it yeah i guess so

xxx

Yes I'm certain Mika knows about it. In the eighties, several very high profile celebs died of the disease. Libarace, who was a brilliant, and very flamboyant pianist. Rock Hudson, a famous actor, and last but not least, Freddie Mercury, whom many media people compare Mika to.

Aids hasn't diminished really, it's just that people don't think about it as much as they used to.

World Aids day is a good thing. It makes people realise Aids still exists, and is still a killer, despite the breakthroughs in the treatment of it, over the years.