As 2008 comes to an end --

HollyD

Okay -- everyone already KNOWS that I am the cheesiest, sappiest MFCer that ever did live :naughty:

I just got the MOST beautiful message from Lucy and it inspired me.

thf2221bc0.gif

As the year is about to come to an end -- and we look back at 2008 and REALIZE J U S T how a m a z i n g it was .... it kinda blows your mind.

And I have a feeling that 2009 is going to be EVEN BETTER!

SO reflect on the year that has gone by and tell us WHAT you are thankful for the most, or just share your fondest memories of 2008 .....

I will go first:

2008 was the MOST AMZING year of my LIFE thus far .....

I got to meet Mika twice -- and OMG -- RUFUS WAINWRIGHT 3 times :wub2:

I have made the MOST amazing friends - friends for LIFE - and met my BEST FRIEND who I will treasure for the REST of my life!

I am MOST thankful for discovering MIKA -- and just the FACT that he came into my life, and totally turned it up-side-down NOTHING has been the same since the first time I heard Grace Kelly. GRACE KELLY is a magical spell cast upon the world -- that ONLY the greatest of people do fall. I love ALL the MFCers .... we ARE truly the GREATEST Fan Club Organization on the face of the Earth, and we all know it!

Thank you all for making my life -- unimaginable!~

Here's to a BRIGHT 2009 and all that it has in store for us!

:cheers:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmms. i'm not going to get cheesy, cause that's just not my style :naughty:

my highlights:

- discovering twilight.

-flying to new york to see mika. meeting him twice and dancing on stage with him :wub2:

-discovering panic at the disco

- stalking vampire weekend.

- getting a car :biggrin2:

- giving alex greenwald a birthday present.

- seeing twilight :wub2:

- RUFUS WAINWRIGHT!!!! :mf_lustslow: seeing him 3 times, meeting him 3 times, and giving him a kiss :wub2:

- last weekend at orlando :punk:

- meeting some of the best people EVER!!! :huglove2:

hmmms. i'm not going to get cheesy, cause that's just not my style :naughty:

my highlights:

- discovering twilight.

-flying to new york to see mika. meeting him twice and dancing on stage with him

-discovering panic at the disco

- stalking vampire weekend.

- getting a car :biggrin2:

- giving alex greenwald a birthday present.

- seeing twilight

- RUFUS WAINWRIGHT!!!! seeing him 3 times, meeting him 3 times, and giving him a kiss :wub2:

- last weekend at orlando :punk:

- meeting some of the best people EVER!!! :huglove:

Well -- I am cheesey that is just who I am :naughty:

The MOST amazing moments of my life have all happened with you -- THAT is crazy! Maybe we are each other's good luck charm!! But, I will tell you -- the things that I have done this year -- there is NO way I could have EVER done them without you! So thanks for always being there -- and always having my back! Funny that a stranger I saw that posted a message on MIKA'S MySpace page on 6/17/07 -- would turn out to be SUCH an amazing friend!

JEALOUSY brought us together!!! :naughty:

Well -- I am cheesey that is just who I am :naughty:

The MOST amazing moments of my life have all happened with you -- THAT is crazy! Maybe we are each other's good luck charm!! But, I will tell you -- the things that I have done this year -- there is NO way I could have EVER done them without you! So thanks for always being there -- and always having my back! Funny that a stranger I saw that posted a message on MIKA'S MySpace page on 6/17/07 -- would turn out to be SUCH an amazing friend!

JEALOUSY brought us together!!! :naughty:

jealousy?!! Please tell me!

jealousy?!! Please tell me!

I love how you just BUST in here -- not telling us WHAT you are thankful for -- and just want me to explain the jealousy bit :lmao:

I think that is one reason I llluuurrvvveee you SO much!!!! :naughty:

Okay -- *picture this*

It was a lonely afternoon ..... June 17, 2007

I knew that MIKA was doing a show in Miami that night -- and I am only 2 1/2 hours away .... and there was NO WAY I could go. YOU CAN IMAGINE the pain in my heart and soul -- it ached ALL NIGHT! Then it got a little bit worse!

I was looking on MIKA'S MySpace page ......

and I see this post .... a girl says --- yay I am getting ready to leave for your show. I was like BIATCH :sneaky2:

So I sent her a message ... about how I wanted to go SO bad... blah blah blah and PLEASE tell me how it was when she gets back.........

So when she got back and saw my message she wrote back and as they say from here the rest is HISTORY!!! Who would have thought just 7 months later these two strangers would be on a plane together headed for NEW YORK -- to see MIKA!!!!

LOVE how Mika brings people together -- and I have to say EVERYONE whom I have been joined together with by MIKA -- has LASTED ..... ROCK SOLID! :naughty: S U R E we get on each other's nerves sometimes *sometimes REALLY BAD* but, in the end we are a MFC Family! :wub2:

2008!!! Was my year!!!

Met MIKA three times!!

I got a new job which I am loving and enjoying it to the fullest!!

I met my boys!! and yes I met my best friend!!!!! HOLLY!!!!

IT IS C R A Z Y how AMAZING 2008 was for all of us!!!! :insane:

The GREATEST moments of my LIFE happened this year!

Terminal 5 was PROFOUND

Rufus was undescribable

The Chrsitmas Party ROCKED

.... I could go on and on and on and on ------

:naughty:

Oh lord :roftl:

okay here me goes.

2008 and was pretty damn spectacular. It had it's downs, but oh well. I made a few new friends, entered high school, and my love for mika grew. I realized it's not how many friends you have but how much love and respect they give you. I cherish my Canadian friends and my MFC friends because they give me so much to be proud of them for. I like to thank mfc because they opened my eyes to more music than just michael buble and queen. I want to give a shoutout to my friend taylor who mysteriously dissapeared, I miss her like very much.

I love how you just BUST in here -- not telling us WHAT you are thankful for -- and just want me to explain the jealousy bit

I think that is one reason I llluuurrvvveee you SO much!!!!

Okay -- *picture this*

It was a lonely afternoon ..... June 17, 2007

I knew that MIKA was doing a show in Miami that night -- and I am only 2 1/2 hours away .... and there was NO WAY I could go. YOU CAN IMAGINE the pain in my heart and soul -- it ached ALL NIGHT! Then it got a little bit worse!

I was looking on MIKA'S MySpace page ......

and I see this post .... a girl says --- yay I am getting ready to leave for your show. I was like BIATCH :sneaky2:

So I sent her a message ... about how I wanted to go SO bad... blah blah blah and PLEASE tell me how it was when she gets back.........

So when she got back and saw my message she wrote back and as they say from here the rest is HISTORY!!! Who would have thought just 7 months later these two strangers would be on a plane together headed for NEW YORK -- to see MIKA!!!!

LOVE how Mika brings people together -- and I have to say EVERYONE whom I have been joined together with by MIKA -- has LASTED ..... ROCK SOLID! :naughty: S U R E we get on each other's nerves sometimes *sometimes REALLY BAD* but, in the end we are a MFC Family! :wub2:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Wow, 2008 rocked my world:punk:

- I finished high school and didn't look back!

- I weeded out bad people in my life.

- I discovered Kabbalah.

- Spent a little while in Cancun for my big sister's wedding and discovered peace there. I think back to that beach, and I glow all on my own even when there's no sun.

- I started college!

- I love school for the first time in my life. Even if Chicago isn't NY, I fell back in love with it and I realize that there' s no place quite like it. I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

- I'm truly happy this year. The city is running through my veins:mf_lustslow:

- The people I've met have changed my life. I love all of my friends and gay husbands :naughty: I've never felt more loved.

- I'm surrounded by hot artists all the time:wub2:

- AND BARACK OBAMA IS GONNA BE PRESIDENT:mf_lustslow:

- All eyes were on Chicago, and I was a part of history:shocked: That day changed everything.

:)

whooo 2009 will be even better!

Oh lord :roftl:

okay here me goes.

2008 and was pretty damn spectacular. It had it's downs, but oh well. I made a few new friends, entered high school, and my love for mika grew. I realized it's not how many friends you have but how much love and respect they give you. I cherish my Canadian friends and my MFC friends because they give me so much to be proud of them for. I like to thank mfc because they opened my eyes to more music than just michael buble and queen. I want to give a shoutout to my friend taylor who mysteriously dissapeared, I miss her like very much.

There's more out there then just QUEEN? :blink:

:lmao:

For me 2008 was the year:

- I lost my old van, but gained a newer sportier one, which goes like a rocket!:mf_lustslow:

- I got to go and see Katy Perry at her FIRST EVER UK GIG!!! I've never done that with an artist before, so it was amazing to be there!

- Even though the beginning of the year seemed to look like the whole year was gonna be a total bust, in May, when I went to see Yelle, which in itself was uplifting, meeting Mika at the gig and being gently coaxed into going to the Paris show, seemed to put a silver lining on a very dark cloud. And after that, things just seemed to start getting better.

- Being in Paris and Amsterdam and meeting Mika after, he just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter the more I meet him.

- The Christmas party, being with my friends from around the world (and hanging out with Racha during the week after), drinking Champagne bought by the most wonderful person ever:wub2:

Yep 2008 wasn't so bad:naughty:

Bring on 2009 and all it's challenges.

I'm ready!!!

To me 2008 wasn't really the luckiest year.:mf_rosetinted:

Here are some of the things that hurt me most:

- I totally flunked every single exam no matter how hard I studied. I literally gave up my social life and all the fun but I still couldn't make it in school. And because of me being so incredibly stupid I lost another precious year.

- Another year with no luck in love. *raises the white flag* I know I'm not the prettiest girl in this world but why the hell is it so hard to find someone who would like me and who I would like back.

- I had to take my dearest cat to the vet to have him put down because he was old and ill. It broke my heart. Then a few months later our neighbours' dog, who was almost like ours, died in front of my eyes.

- Then we adopted a cat from a shelter, and our local vet almost killed him because he needed a special care (one of his leg was amputated), he is OK now but he hates our other cat and they can't be together so we have to be really very careful. Just last week they had this huge fight and when I intervened he bit me so hard that I couldn't use my right hand for 3 days.

- The situation at home is still very tense. I just can't believe that people can have so little respect for their children. It makes me hate and despise my grandparents when I see how they treat us.

- It was a year full of tragedies- not for me personally but for people I know. And that really sadness me.

- Last but not least: I was broke all year long.

*rant over*:bleh:

But there were also good things of course.:original: And I sure hope it will get better. Most of all I wish that people I love and care for are healthy and happy.:original:

Wow, 2008 rocked my world:punk:

- I finished high school and didn't look back!

- I weeded out bad people in my life.

- I discovered Kabbalah.

- Spent a little while in Cancun for my big sister's wedding and discovered peace there. I think back to that beach, and I glow all on my own even when there's no sun.

- I started college!

- I love school for the first time in my life. Even if Chicago isn't NY, I fell back in love with it and I realize that there' s no place quite like it. I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

- I'm truly happy this year. The city is running through my veins:mf_lustslow:

- The people I've met have changed my life. I love all of my friends and gay husbands :naughty: I've never felt more loved.

- I'm surrounded by hot artists all the time:wub2:

- AND BARACK OBAMA IS GONNA BE PRESIDENT:mf_lustslow:

- All eyes were on Chicago, and I was a part of history:shocked: That day changed everything.

:)

whooo 2009 will be even better!

I forgot one thing...

I met Johnny Depp! I got to tell him he was my hero. He held my flippin hand and tried to warm me up on that cooooold day in March... *sigh... How could I forget that! It set the theme for the year!

Hmm, let's see:

-"meeting" a lot more people on MFC

-The LA MFC meet up at Santa Monica with the sweetest people :wub2:

-Becoming obsessed with the Twilight movie and Rob

-Not getting a new album from Mika :glasses2:

-Meeting Mika for the second time and seeing him live again :wub2:

-just recently becoming obsessed with Keane (uh oh :naughty:)

-Meeting Brian May :wub2:

-still being obsessed with Mika

-etc.

Aite - I'mma put a damper in this thread lol :roftl:

- Mika concert! Front row! Met lots of MFCers! Woohoo!

- Receieved a dozen roses from an admirer on Valentine's Day, came to realise how much I was loved by someone

- Did well at college

- Got more hours at work - boo - got more money - yay!

- missed a small dance show - boo - but went on a cruise instead - yay!

- Finally decided where I kinda wanted to go career wise, am now studying it

- Got into a relationship for 2 months and was blissfully happy, had a lot of firsts

- Relationship ended badly and bittersweet, now we don't talk, I've felt every bad emotion under the sun, I feel highly unloved and ignored, I feel I've lost him for good sometimes, have tried to pull things together but nothing is working

So as you can see, 2008 started off well but went downhill right at the last minute.

:tears:

Edited by CazGirl

Awwww Yay! :wub2::tears:

2008... Ahhh, how fantastic..

In 2008, lots of things changed.. I feel a bit more mature, and in 08 was the climax and the lowest point of my Mika love..

The Wiltern gig was the most amazing gig I've been too, and I will never forget the music, the people, the love, the experience, everything. I made many many new friends for life that I'm so happy to have in my life :wub2:

I'm at my low peak of my obsession right now, and it's died down.. I haven't listened to Mika in about a month now. So it's a moody Mika time for me.. I'm hoping itll be back in tip top shape when the album's out.

New amazing Coldplay album , amazing Coldplay concert.

In 2008 my relationship with my best friend has grown stronger, 2 family members of mine passed away, and I miss them very much, and a bumpy road here and there with my family's health. My Sweet 16, Junior Year...

And also, Obama being elected. I must say that now I actually feel a bit more proud of being an American. I feel a little sense of unity coming on, and that's a MAGNIFICENT start. I'm so excited for what's to come..

Even though 2008 isn't the best year economically,, I think it's come at a good time, and I think we have to learn from this economic crisis. I think we're trying to get a bit too much ahead of our time, what with all the technological advances we keep going for. Now, it's kind of giving us whiplash.

Anyways, 2008 has been an awesome year for me. I feel more grown up now that I've experienced and learned new things. YAY 2008! It's really been awesome.

I'm hoping that 2009 has an awesome road ahead with lots of Mika and MFC advancements.

I LOVE you ALL!!!

:yay::huglove:

OH! And the FIRST OFFICIAL MFC meetup was this year!!! :wub2: We need to do that again :das:

Edited by findingmywords

Hmm, let's see:

-"meeting" a lot more people on MFC

-The LA MFC meet up at Santa Monica with the sweetest people :wub2:

-Becoming obsessed with the Twilight movie and Rob

-Not getting a new album from Mika :glasses2:

-Meeting Mika for the second time and seeing him live again :wub2:

-just recently becoming obsessed with Keane (uh oh :naughty:)

-Meeting Brian May :wub2:

-still being obsessed with Mika

-etc.

Keane?! Awesome! :kachinga:

Aite - I'mma put a damper in this thread lol :roftl:

- Mika concert! Front row! Met lots of MFCers! Woohoo!

- Receieved a dozen roses from an admirer on Valentine's Day, came to realise how much I was loved by someone

- Did well at college

- Got more hours at work - boo - got more money - yay!

- missed a small dance show - boo - but went on a cruise instead - yay!

- Finally decided where I kinda wanted to go career wise, am now studying it

- Got into a relationship for 2 months and was blissfully happy, had a lot of firsts

- Relationsip ended badly and bittersweet, now we don't talk, I've felt every bad emotion under the sun, I feel highly unloved and ignored, I feel I've lost him for good sometimes, have tried to pull things together but nothing is working

So as you can see, 2008 started off well but went downhill right at the last minute.

:tears:

:boxed: why?

at first this year was horrible, my high school year was really bad, i lost my friends, for fool things, and i don't know if I'll ever see them again, and it doesn't matter now...

but i'm lucky, i've found new mates for meeting and going out when i want to do something outside home. it's not worth being sad for those people, i think.

It's nice to see that this year was great for some people.:bleh:.

For me it was the worst so far:

- I moved after living 10 years in that house *a record for my family:naughty:*.

- I changed of school....twice.

- All the people I met at that school, I don't see them anymore.

- We had to take a cat to have him put down, he was really sick.

- A bad experience with a boy.:mf_rosetinted:.

- Money problems.

- Problems with my family, more than usual.

- Problems with my classmates, those were the worst. It destroyed my social life.:bleh:.

- Other problems.:bleh:.

The only good thing of this year was that I joined the MFC. I met a lot of great people here. And that was what made this year a little less bad.

I'm jealous of the people who could meet Mika.:bleh:.

I hope I meet him next year.:mf_rosetinted:.

But, so far 2009 looks like it's going to be an awesome year !!

W O W ..................

for all those who didn't have such a great 2008 - keep your head held high.... and know that we have a brand new start right around the corner!

2009 has the potential to be utterly AMAZING! Don't look back ... just keep pressing forward... weed out the bad things/people in your life - and anything that brings you down.

Listen to MIKA more -- *especially when you are feeling down* and he will turn your frown upside down!

:huglove:

2008!

:yay:

-Good:Found Mika, definitely the high point of my LIFE! Who knew such an amazing man existed? Seriously. I don't want to go on, because you all know what i mean, but seriously. And Mika really got me into music which is one of the best things that had ever happened to me.

-Bad:Had to write x-x-08. i don't like writing 8's. :thumbdown:

-Good: 8th grade was fun, high school is awesome. Thank god there's nerd places that don't leave people like me to the sharks.

-Bad: Can't think of a bad thing to write here.

-Good: Have the most amazing friends. Not only is my BFF still fricken awesome (10th year in a row, wow) I met another best friend. One of the coolest people I've ever met. All three of us are going to get married.

-Bad: One of my teachers dressed up as bubble gum under a shoe. It was a scarring experience since he's not the smallest man, and was dressed in all skin-tight pink. :boxed:

- Good: MFC now rules my world. You guys are amazing. Cheers to internet friends!! :punk:

-Bad: Realized that my pre-mika music taste was crap. DAYYY-UM!

-Good: Realized that being in love is like 23309485x better when you don't actually get it on. My to-marry list is growing. And it's fun to stalk people that you're infatuated with (ahem physics teacher ahem).

-Bad: Still have braces. And i got my teeth caught in them. Rrrrgh.

-Good: started learning guitar. It's amazing, even if I'm not at it. Gracias, voices in my head that told me to start taking it!

-Bad: I just stubbed my toe. Ouchies.

As you can see, the goods kind of outways the bads. I'm sure next year will be just as awesome, 2009 means a new album and that means TOUR! Finally, i can meet the LOVE of my LIFE!

Thanks for making this year so awesome!

Cheers! :cheers: