The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

Hmmm.... wow ice. It must be our lucky day.

Okay... you drive a hard deal OkD, but I think we'll accept your generous offer for lunch.

And now I think I should (try) to get some sleep. I keep meaning to induce in myself a more normal sleep pattern, and this 2amness (nearly 3amness) doesn't help.

Night all

I CAN relate with being up lateness ... Night Bex !! :bye:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 candles. A variation on Sweet 16. I loved The Breakfast Club though.

Vinyl Ghostbusters!! The Goonies was my age range, so was Gremlins weirdly enough. And Critters.

I'm downloading The Lost Boys now. I can't find it in my DVD pile. I'm sure I do have it.

I love Karate Kid!! Wax on - Wax off. I do Karate. Well, I did and am starting up again shortly. Always wanted to as a kid, but my parents thought I'd kill myself.

The Next Karate Kid with Hilary S****!! Lol!!

And Goodnight CD.

I thought it was 16 candles, but there was another movie around that was something to do with being Fifteen and I always got them mixed up in my head.

I don't think I ever saw Critters actually.

I used to think Jamie Gertz was one of the most gorgeous people on the planet and I loved how Lost Boys starts with that Echo and the Bunnymen cover of The Doors.

I love the old musicals. Pirates of penzance with Jon English is hilarious.

You're as bad as me. Have heaps of DVDs but still want and need more. Whenever I feel like watching something I don't have it.

Ohh Beetlejuice!

I have Beetlejuice on VHS!! *jumps up and down excitedly*

Did any of you see The Pirate Movie or Yellowbeard when you were growing up? The first is kind of a rip-off of Pirates of Penzance and the second is a rip-off of Blackbeard. When I was about 12 I thought they were hilarious.

And last night at dinner DH suddenly did a quote from one of them, which brought them to mind...

Snooty ship's officer is talking to Blind Pew about whether he heard something.

Blind Pew responds: "I've got acute 'earing."

Snooty officer: "I'm not interested in your jewellery!"

Brings down the house every time!

Speaking of Molly Ringworm..

I kept seeing "Sixteen Candles" on those VH1 teen-movie countdown shows and decided I needed to watch it. So I went out and bought Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club & Pretty In Pink on DVD.

I've watched all but the latter which is still sealed in plastic. Remind me to and I'll bring it to GC *zhhz*

I saw Breakfast Club on sale in a Target catalogue recently for about $9 but forgot to buy it when I was picking up all these other cheap DVD's (and buying DH birthday presents).

Popping in...as requested!

Bit late I know. I got unexpectedly busy tonight.

I had the police and the fire brigade here ...FFS... not what you want when you are minding your sister's house, but the freakin' firealarm next door rang from 2am till 8.30am, and when it started up again tonight at 9pm, I thought RIGHT THAT'S IT!! And me and some neighbours took action. We had 2 huge firetrucks, about 8 spunky fireman in their overalls, and two cop cars. What a waste of SES resources for a faulty fire alarm. I hope they send them a BIG bill. But now, finally all is silent in Kew.

But how else could you stop it? And what if the first night was faulty and the next night was real? Far better to get them there!

I called the fire brigade one night cos I was sure I could smell smoke in my house but couldn't find the cause. I didn't call 000, I just rang the station and asked them what to do. They sent a crew out (this is at 11:30 at night naturally) who brought the whole rig and all and checked out the house and couldn't find anything, but they were happier to come and check it out before it became a raging fire than to be called out as a 000 call. And they never billed me.

haha, 16 candles is hilarious! I love the bit where the guys bet each other floppy discs. Yep, that's my inner nerd coming out!

This movie makes me cringe cos I always remember the grandmother commenting on Molly's character having "boobies" and having a feel, and she's just so grossed out at being felt up by her grandmother:roftl: That's my overwhelming and clearest memory from this movie.

Argh, yes! I'm so sick of the heat. I don't handle it very well. :naughty:

Yesterday it was 38 degrees Celsius here and I think it was about the same today.

Yes, it is a lot easier. I think I would be able to survive if I was driving on my own without my Dad, so long as I didn't have to do a parallel park or three-point turn, etc. :naughty:

That will probably prove to be quite difficult, but I hope to rise to the bogan challenge admirably.

I want a red one (they do go faster after all)!

11.jpg

I keep thinking you're in Adelaide. I keep forgetting you're just down the road from me. And yes. Yucky stinky weather. I've been driving for half my life and I still can't parallel park very well! I just avoid it whenever possible. Or hubby does it.

My first car was a red one. It was a little Mazda 808.

What! No hello for me :sneaky2:

I have The Breakfast Club....best movie!

Beetlejuice....Beetlejuice.....Beetlejuice.....*peers around scared wating for Michael Keaton to pop out*

I don't recall even seeing you there Tan! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to miss you.

I remember when I saw Breakfast Club it was a double feature and the second movie was some Chevy Chase one that I've forgotten the name of now. I didn't see it. As in, I sat in the backseat so overwhelmed by what I'd just seen in Breakfast Club, so far into that world, that I really didn't see the second movie. Plus, there was some guy groping me. But I wasn't really paying attention to him either:bleh:

And we can take it back at the end of the week for a refund.

It was a "birthday present" and they already "had one". :naughty:

That's not fake! I've done it more than once.

DH and I bought the same DVD for each other a couple of Christmas's ago and I had to return one (I think it was the first Hot Shots DVD).

Then last year for Father's Day I gave him two Fleetwood Mac DVD's that I'd found months earlier really cheap at JB Hi-Fi and had put away. He walked over to our DVD collection and pulled one of them off the shelf and said "I already have this one. You gave it to me already."

And just now for his birthday... I'd lay-byed a whole stack of DVD's earlier in the year for Christmas. Some for everyone. I was spreading the one's for hubby out over Christmas and birthday though as his birthday is early January. Then when I went to pick up a couple more for his birthday I couldn't quite remember what I still had at home for him and I got "The Mummy", "The Mummy Returns" and "The Scorpion King" cos they were all cheap and we really like that series of movies. I got home to find that I'd already lay-byed "The Mummy", so now I'm gonna have to return that one.

I swear I have no brain sometimes.

This I can answer.

Tell Bianca that Kevin Rudd had this idea to strengthen the economy in someway or other. And so he said to those in control of all Boganised and Pensioner money "let the money rain down in quanities of $1000 a piece for every student, pensioner, parent with children, children and other such people so that they can take this money and inject it back into the econmy in the form of Drugs, Gambling and Alcohol. This will solve our recession. And let there be no letters sent about this money, let it instead be notified by rumours and news report so that each and every dole bludger can worry their alcohol addled brains as to whether they qualify for it. And let these lucky bastards need to do anything to recieve the money other than fit the criteria"

Okay... so from that imaginative, crazy story let me sumarise

Kevin Rudd wanted to strengthen the economy

He gave Centrelink Money to do this

Centrelink gave the money to those they felt needed it (students, those on youth allowance, pensioners and anyone with a kid got $1000 (those with kids got $1000 per kid)

OkD has to do nothing for it other than fit the criteria (and buy us all lunch on Friday)

If OkD got the money she fits the critera

Therefore OkD has to do nothing for the money, and should celebrate receiving it by buying us all Lunch on Friday

(and yes I am in one of "those" moods again.. the strange, overactive imagination, hyperactive ones)

That was awesome! I'm gonna have to forward that to DH at work (yep, he works for Centrelink).

Edited by chickadee

OKD! Don't you dare spend all that money on lunch - you have lots of loans to repay :shocked:

:roftl:

You can have some jelly beans - half a one each - and just one glass of water with a lot of straws.:sneaky2:

That's what I said....half a jelly bean each :naughty:

I can't sleep! :boxed:

*huggles*

I don't recall even seeing you there Tan! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to miss you.

I remember when I saw Breakfast Club it was a double feature and the second movie was some Chevy Chase one that I've forgotten the name of now. I didn't see it. As in, I sat in the backseat so overwhelmed by what I'd just seen in Breakfast Club, so far into that world, that I really didn't see the second movie. Plus, there was some guy groping me. But I wasn't really paying attention to him either:bleh:

I was just messing with HK! :wub2:

:roftl: That poor boy!

I CAN relate with being up lateness ... Night Bex !! :bye:

I recall it was nearly daylight by the time I eventually slept. This is crazyness.

I can't sleep!

You too :shocked: Poor daughtah

You can have some jelly beans - half a one each - and just one glass of water with a lot of straws.:sneaky2:

Okay oh wise Leader *grumbles and settles for less than previously agreed on*

That was awesome! I'm gonna have to forward that to DH at work (yep, he works for Centrelink).

:shocked::naughty:

Hey all!

Bec: Bianca and I are going to Phillip Island ft. Amaze 'N' Things on Monday. We're doing Penguins Plus so you have to book in advance:thumb_yello: Let us know whether you're coming!

http://tickets.penguins.org.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=16

That is all!

You had to pick the day when I have a 7am shift the next day :naughty:

Hmm I do so love Amaze 'N' Things and Penguin Parade though

*does a quick finance calculation*

Sure I'll come.... just a question on transport, would you be able to swing somewhere to pick me up on the way *shrug* I can travel to convenient places

And I'm assuming I'll have to book my own ticket?

Is the ice pre boiled too ??!!

Depends if Tan's mum made it or if she picked it up from the servo :naughty:

Hmmm.... wow ice. It must be our lucky day.

Okay... you drive a hard deal OkD, but I think we'll accept your generous offer for lunch.

Deal!

OKD! Don't you dare spend all that money on lunch - you have lots of loans to repay

Eurgh! Don't remind me!

BIANCZ? how was seeing amy??

*fangurls* Lovely! We were both equally shy and awkward :naughty: And her driving skills are similar to mine :cheerful_h4h:

You had to pick the day when I have a 7am shift the next day

Hmm I do so love Amaze 'N' Things and Penguin Parade though

*does a quick finance calculation*

Sure I'll come.... just a question on transport, would you be able to swing somewhere to pick me up on the way *shrug* I can travel to convenient places

And I'm assuming I'll have to book my own ticket?

It doesn't have to be Monday, I tyhink we just picked it because it's not the weekend :naughty:

I did a check on the website and its telling me there's no more online tickets availble to Penguins Plus for Monday *bites nails*

Noooo! We checked it last night and it was still available! *tears hair out*

It doesn't have to be Monday, I tyhink we just picked it because it's not the weekend :naughty:

Noooo! We checked it last night and it was still available! *tears hair out*

There's not much choice in days though.... Monday is reasonable. Otherwise there's the weekend or Tuesday.. since Friday is occupied with Melbourne stuff :naughty:

Apparently you can email/ring them to see if there's still tickets. They must sell out pretty fast

*is too lazy to MQ* :fisch: I'll do it when I return from another round of therapy shopping. (I'm not buying anything I'm not buying anything I'm not buying anything I'm not buying anything I'm not buying anything I'm not buying anything... I may buy something)

I did not buy anything. I did not buy anything. I did not buy anything. I did not buy anything. I did not buy anything. I may have bought smth.

Hello All !!! I have been catching upon this thread on & off all day ... many visitors at my place last few days ... so have missed heaps on here *zhhz*

Simply cannot MQ right now !! However, I can say a few things ... firstly,

Hey there!!! :cowboy: Good to hear it's been busy.

This I can answer.

Tell Bianca that Kevin Rudd had this idea to strengthen the economy in someway or other. And so he said to those in control of all Boganised and Pensioner money "let the money rain down in quanities of $1000 a piece for every student, pensioner, parent with children, children and other such people so that they can take this money and inject it back into the econmy in the form of Drugs, Gambling and Alcohol. This will solve our recession. And let there be no letters sent about this money, let it instead be notified by rumours and news report so that each and every dole bludger can worry their alcohol addled brains as to whether they qualify for it. And let these lucky bastards need to do anything to recieve the money other than fit the criteria"

Okay... so from that imaginative, crazy story let me sumarise

Kevin Rudd wanted to strengthen the economy

He gave Centrelink Money to do this

Centrelink gave the money to those they felt needed it (students, those on youth allowance, pensioners and anyone with a kid got $1000 (those with kids got $1000 per kid)

OkD has to do nothing for it other than fit the criteria (and buy us all lunch on Friday)

If OkD got the money she fits the critera

Therefore OkD has to do nothing for the money, and should celebrate receiving it by buying us all Lunch on Friday

(and yes I am in one of "those" moods again.. the strange, overactive imagination, hyperactive ones)

You have assume government interpretation skillz.

I thought it was 16 candles, but there was another movie around that was something to do with being Fifteen and I always got them mixed up in my head.

I don't think I ever saw Critters actually.

I used to think Jamie Gertz was one of the most gorgeous people on the planet and I loved how Lost Boys starts with that Echo and the Bunnymen cover of The Doors.

'People are Strange'. I love that song. I also love the theme song 'Cry little sister'. And who can forget INXS and Jimmy Barnes. :punk:

I have Beetlejuice on VHS!! *jumps up and down excitedly*

Did any of you see The Pirate Movie or Yellowbeard when you were growing up? The first is kind of a rip-off of Pirates of Penzance and the second is a rip-off of Blackbeard. When I was about 12 I thought they were hilarious.

I'm not sure. I know I have seen them at school, but I don't remember them. I'll have to watch again. :roftl:

And last night at dinner DH suddenly did a quote from one of them, which brought them to mind...

Snooty ship's officer is talking to Blind Pew about whether he heard something.

Blind Pew responds: "I've got acute 'earing."

Snooty officer: "I'm not interested in your jewellery!"

Brings down the house every time!

lmfao!!

This movie makes me cringe cos I always remember the grandmother commenting on Molly's character having "boobies" and having a feel, and she's just so grossed out at being felt up by her grandmother. That's my overwhelming and clearest memory from this movie.

I remember that bit!! Lol!!

I remember when I saw Breakfast Club it was a double feature and the second movie was some Chevy Chase one that I've forgotten the name of now. I didn't see it. As in, I sat in the backseat so overwhelmed by what I'd just seen in Breakfast Club, so far into that world, that I really didn't see the second movie. Plus, there was some guy groping me. But I wasn't really paying attention to him either

lmfao!!!

That's not fake! I've done it more than once.

DH and I bought the same DVD for each other a couple of Christmas's ago and I had to return one (I think it was the first Hot Shots DVD).

Then last year for Father's Day I gave him two Fleetwood Mac DVD's that I'd found months earlier really cheap at JB Hi-Fi and had put away. He walked over to our DVD collection and pulled one of them off the shelf and said "I already have this one. You gave it to me already."

And just now for his birthday... I'd lay-byed a whole stack of DVD's earlier in the year for Christmas. Some for everyone. I was spreading the one's for hubby out over Christmas and birthday though as his birthday is early January. Then when I went to pick up a couple more for his birthday I couldn't quite remember what I still had at home for him and I got "The Mummy", "The Mummy Returns" and "The Scorpion King" cos they were all cheap and we really like that series of movies. I got home to find that I'd already lay-byed "The Mummy", so now I'm gonna have to return that one.

I swear I have no brain sometimes.

Hahah! You have bad luck with goods.

I know it really happens, that's why it's a reliable excuse to use to get our money back. :wink2:

HAVE FUN LAYDEEZ!

Hello Hunz!

Whoaaaa, I missed nearly 30 pages...go whores go! WELCOME BACK BIANCA! (someone please link me to her Kooks report )

Here

I have stalking skillz.

Here

I have stalking skillz.

Danke danke danke! OMG SHE MET THEM! :stretcher:

Update on Bianca and Tanya @ The Kooks:

They are 9th and 10th in the line up. Recent report was that there were only 20 people lined up anyway. They're fangurling. :naughty:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! SO AM I! :shocked: (:roftl:)

And I'm going to bed. :naughty: G'night!