The Australian Thread: Part Nineteen

Rainbow Sky

My daughter wants to type something now..

Mr. Potato Head

With help to hunt and peck, she has typed Mr Potato Head, cos she would like me to get off here so she can play it. Catch you later.:bye:

:roftl: That's hilarious !!! I used to have a Mr. Potato Head !!

Hello SK, what a lovely daughter you have ( & her name too :wub2:) !

Hi OKD .... my first hit was the electric blue one ... :smth:

Hey Teegs, Kelz & CD :bye:

And I wonder if SD has fulfilled her promise today ... :naughty:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is for the pine green. The other colours are cool now, but this would stand the test of time.

But pine green is BORING. The student ones we have been using till now are all that exact colour :naughty:

I have to agree with you OKD. The orange one does look cheap. Gosh, back in my day I had a stunning choice of gray, grey or gray. (And yes the typo is there on purpose as I can't remember which is the correct spelling of the word). How come there's no purple? Or metallic blue? But you're right... I mean, I know what I would choose now and then in a couple of years time it would be "OMG, I can't believe I chose that colour, I'm sooooo not that person anymore!" For that reason I would be really boring and go for black. But that's just me.:naughty:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm worried about. That and going to school and seeing someone else with another colour that I then want 400x more than my one. And that's why i can't bear to just get plain black, because I will be totally jealous of the peopel with colours.

I realised the dark blue before the raspberry one is called "purple" but it looks nothing like purple, and all the pictrues are identical so they must have just taken one photo and then photoshopped it, so I looked them up on another site and it came up with QUITE different looking colours.

For raspberry I've found these different depictions:

stethoscope_littmann_classic_ra.jpg 3m_Littmann_Classic_ii_pediatric_raspberry.jpgLittmann_3M_Classic_ii_se_raspberry.jpg8f12_1.JPG41YN6CD9BML._AA280_PIbundle-1,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

It actually looks more like the "burgundy" on the original site, and the burgundy on the original site looks more like a dark brown colour.

My daughter wants to type something now..

Mr. Potato Head

With help to hunt and peck, she has typed Mr Potato Head, cos she would like me to get off here so she can play it. Catch you later.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Hello all!

And I wonder if SD has fulfilled her promise today ... :naughty:

:tears: She did not.

But it's not my fault! Every time I saw him today he was with a few other people and when I did see him on his own it was the end of the day and if I had stopped to talk to him I would have missed the bus. So I'm really not to blame!

Also, I have a cold and I don't really want to go somewhere with him with one.

Which blue do you like HK?

IMG_0016.jpg

Ambrose is sorry he took so long :sad:

The Blue that is the very first picture of them all :thumb_yello:

*Pats 'Brosy * :wub2:

Hello all!

But it's not my fault! Every time I saw him today he was with a few other people and when I did see him on his own it was the end of the day and if I had stopped to talk to him I would have missed the bus. So I'm really not to blame!

Awww .... sad for you, but prob. best if you're sick SD .... :huglove:

Hello all!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

The Blue that is the very first picture of them all :thumb_yello:

*Pats 'Brosy * :wub2:

Hmmm, yes, but this one also has a slight issue of it looks a bit cheap. I dunno, is it TOO bright?

:sad:

Don't look at me like that! :sneaky2::naughty:

IMG_0014.jpg

Despite your loving pats and wub2s Brosey is still unsure and worries about whether Silver will ever be able to forgive him. Either that or he hates when I use the flash right up in his face, it's hard to be sure.

Ambrose is so adorable.

And this sounds awesome! What kind of stuff has it got?

Lots of stuff.... soups, salads, main meals etc.

And I think you should get the purple one (but not the one called purple, the one that looks purple) and who cares if everyone else picks it :naughty:

Lots of stuff.... soups, salads, main meals etc.

And I think you should get the purple one (but not the one called purple, the one that looks purple) and who cares if everyone else picks it :naughty:

Yeah ... I was just thinking, it should at least not be a pale color ... since you're gonna be poking it around on animal's bits & stuff ... :naughty:

Well I get the point people are making about the orange looking cheap, but I don't agree, I think its cool.

I just wonder if it would discolour though? You know how a light rubber watch band will always end up stained? I am sure dark colours do it too but you can't notice it, so I would probably go for a darker but still bright colour.

I don't know which one I would pick, if it was me I would umm and aahhh for weeks then change my mind the second I put the order in :(

I would be better off picking a colour out of a hat.

Hey I have a scalpel (spell) handle and I love it, so handy, but I don't know where to buy the blades. The only ones I have been able to get my hands on are the big round ones but I want the smaller pointy ones. Do you know where I can order them?

:blink: What do you use it for ?? Craft ??? :blink:

I did a trade as a compositor - sort of graphic artist but more specifically preparing the artwork for printing.

And we did a lot of the art by hand (the trade was still based on pre-desktop-publishing lol they have updated it now I hope)

So anyway when making a form or something you had to rule all the lines on a drawing table, and then either bang out the text on a typewriter or print out your text from a computer the size of a fridge, run it through developing chemicals, dry them, run them through a wax machine, cut it all up, and place the words in the boxes.

Every teeny tiny word on most forms created more than 15 years ago was stuck on by hand like this. Oh and every image was resized with cameras and then cut in as well.

So anyway, it was for my job that I had it.

And I have never found anything similar that I felt I could use with that much control, I love it.

Edited by Sweet Knees

Ambrose is gorgeous - Poppy was looking over my shoulder

at the picture - unsure whether to growl or not!!! :roftl:

OKD - I like the raspberry colour one!! :punk:

SD - have you thought of writing him a note, and slipping it to

him in the passing? :wink2:

Kelzy - :sneaky2::wub2:

Well I get the point people are making about the orange looking cheap, but I don't agree, I think its cool.

I just wonder if it would discolour though? You know how a light rubber watch band will always end up stained? I am sure dark colours do it too but you can't notice it, so I would probably go for a darker but still bright colour.

I don't know which one I would pick, if it was me I would umm and aahhh for weeks then change my mind the second I put the order in :(

Hahahaha. :bow:

Arggh, that is so true, BUT it's kind of glossy rubber so I think less likely to go gross. BUT then it turns out other pictures of the "orange" don't look at bright and fantastic, they look a bit dull and ugly..

Littmann_3M_Classic_ii_se_orange.jpg

It sucks, I have to make a decision tonight. My dad has been asking me if I've bought them yet every 5 minutes and has now said he wants his credit card back in the morning and I have to have bought them by then :naughty:

Hey I have a scalpel (spell) handle and I love it, so handy, but I don't know where to buy the blades. The only ones I have been able to get my hands on are the big round ones but I want the smaller pointy ones. Do you know where I can order them?

Hm. I buy my blades from the bookshop at uni. Last year they completely sold out of them and I was at a complete loss of where else to get any so I just stole them from the labs :naughty: SOMEONE told me you could get them at pharmacies, but I'm not really sure about that. You'd be able to get them at those medical supply stores, or a uni bookshop I guess (if they have biology courses there). They come in different sizes though, so bring your handle/write down the number on it. But they're not expensive, so if you can't find the right size blade it'd probably be easier to just buy a new one. But it's the kind of thing they keep behind the counter so you'd have to ask for it :original:

Yeah, I was starting to lean towards this one too. It's quite a nice bright colour but doesn't look cheap or anything.

stethoscope_littmann_classic_ra.jpg

I really like this colour though, very nice looking. Although maybe not as stand-outy crazy coloured. But this is the one my dad is getting. Which isn't exactly a big issue or anything. It's not like we are going to be walking aorund togetehr with our matching stethoscopes. It's just a bit weird to hve the same taste in anything

stethoscope_littmann_classic_bu.jpg

But then ... 90% of my class is girls, and they TOLD us to get this stethoscope, and then told us to get it online, so the are all going to see this same site and they are all going to want to get a coloured one (I didn't even post the plain coloured pictures because I so don't want a boring one :naughty:), and something tells me that those two colours are the one MOST people would be immediately attracted to. So then I thought maybe I should get a slightly different-to-normal but still bright colour, and this one seems like it fits that. BUT it might look a bit cheap-ish? Because it so ISN'T cheap-ish, but it kinda looks that way. Like a toy or soemthing.

stethoscope_littmann_classic_or.jpg

I generally don't like orange... *hides orange dress* :fisch:

Ahhh.. you two talking about food. I'm hungry now.

I'm always talking about food...

Damn, I'm hungry now!

Ooooh, yeah... discolouring isn't good...

A dark but bright colour would be good...

Hmmmmm... craft shops might be the way to go...

Other than that, maybe newsagents...