The Happy Memories of 2008 thread - 2008 gigs and appearances.

RAK1

Lets step back to last year and remember all those shows and appearances that Mika did.

For me personally there were many.

The rescheduled Brixton shows and the afterparty.

Myself, Sara and Ryan bumping into him at the Yelle gig, which led to going to the Paris show in June.

And the awesome Amsterdam show, also July.

The floor is yours.....

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets step back to last year and remember all those shows and appearances that Mika did.

For me personally there were many.

The rescheduled Brixton shows and the afterparty.

Myself, Sara and Ryan bumping into him at the Yelle gig, which led to going to the Paris show in June.

And the awesome Amsterdam show, also July.

The floor is yours.....

Ah, great idea Rose!! :mf_lustslow:

My Mika year started with the fantabulous Fiat gig at the London Eye :wub2: around the 21st of January, closely followed by the impromptu 3 day trip to Toronto :roftl: at the end of the month, for the AMAZIIIIIIING Kool Haus gig on the 29th. That gig has to be one of the highlights of my Mika-career :naughty:.

Then back to London for the 3 February shows, with another incredible moment when he jumped on stage wearing the Tshirt thta I had made for him on the 28th, and then of course the 'after' party thing.

Now I have to repeat what you said and mention the Yelle gig in May when we bumped into him and had our lovely chat where he brainwashed us to go to Paris :lmao: and of course the Paris trip with some lovely people.

After that, the Amsterdam show which was another lovely trip with tons of MFC'ers, the M&G with the Royal Albert Hall petition fiasco, and in the end the Madrid gig on the 19th.

So, not many Mika events happening, but some really incredible moments lived, for which I am very grateful.

I can't wait for 2009 now!! Bring it onnnnnnnn

Ah, great idea Rose!! :mf_lustslow:

My Mika year started with the fantabulous Fiat gig at the London Eye :wub2: around the 21st of January, closely followed by the impromptu 3 day trip to Toronto :roftl: at the end of the month, for the AMAZIIIIIIING Kool Haus gig on the 29th. That gig has to be one of the highlights of my Mika-career .

Then back to London for the 3 February shows, with another incredible moment when he jumped on stage wearing the Tshirt thta I had made for him on the 28th, and then of course the 'after' party thing.

Now I have to repeat what you said and mention the Yelle gig in May when we bumped into him and had our lovely chat where he brainwashed us to go to Paris :lmao: and of course the Paris trip with some lovely people.

After that, the Amsterdam show which was another lovely trip with tons of MFC'ers, the M&G with the Royal Albert Hall petition fiasco, and in the end the Madrid gig on the 19th.

So, not many Mika events happening, but some really incredible moments lived, for which I am very grateful.

I can't wait for 2009 now!! Bring it onnnnnnnn

this made me laugh so hard!!!:roftl::roftl:

yes it was :naughty:

ok rose......i can feel love and nostalgia flowing big in this thread....

Even for a limited amount of events, there were so many great memories.

One of my favourites was, at the last Brixton show, when myself Avoca and Allegra were brought in the back to get the wristbands for the afterparty, and Mika walked in the office, I said hello and he just pointed at his throat, and I realised he wasn't talking before the show, so I apologised, and he just smiled and gave me the thumbs up.

Great times!

this made me laugh so hard!!!:roftl::roftl:

yes it was :naughty:

ok rose......i can feel love and nostalgia flowing big in this thread....

Hahahah, it was such a fiasco :roftl: But we had fun doing it, and he had fun receiving it, so hey, all good :naughty:

This is a great idea Rose. I went only to one gig in July, my first Mikagig, so I cannot put a lot of great memories on paper. I love tho read yours tho. And even though it was just one concert, it was enough to make me Mika mad (wich is obvious, I think :naughty:). I remember after that gig that I constantly was thinking (and saying): tonight he is in Madrid, I wish I was there. Tonight he is in Lisbon, I wish I was there. To a point that my boyfriend said: get over it!!!

I was so reliefed when his tour was over, I was at peace again :naughty:.

And if we are talking about lovely memories of 2008 gigs and appearances I must mention that appearance not in real life, but on video screans and in champagne form at PH :naughty:. I loved his appearance there too (and yours) :thumb_yello:.

Ha ha, "you and your petitions"

LOL!!!

I just saw "Doctor Who in the Royal Albert Hall". My god, that is a beautiful venue! I can imagine that petition (Shady send me a pic of her wearing her Mika in Royal Albert Hall shirt :naughty:).

:crybaby::crybaby:I will never live that one down, will I? :roftl:

I was SO convinced that he'd go for it, haha! Little did we know that His Royal Wiziness had other plans :sneaky2:

No, I don't think you will, hee hee!

Some more great memories at the afterparty, were talking to Yasmine, she's really lovely, hanging out with Andy, never get tired of that, being picked on by Mika (shouting to me across the room over everyones heads), in a nice way though, and finally talking face to face and him putting a sweet message on the flag.

By the way, I just saw some of your vids of Westerpark Sara (I always watch vids of Westerpark after I watch the PDP DVD, don't know why, probably because I was at WP and I wasn't at PDP. Watching PDP makes me wanna watch WP material. And to be honoust I like the WP ones more. Smaller venue, Mika more at ease). I saw lots of WP vids already but not yours. Today I did, I really like them. Especially the Love Today one. I was wondering who's voice you can hear so well when Grey Skelly is breaking his arm. Is it yours?

Found it Rose!

Well ofcourse my happiest moment of 2008 is meeting Weealx (he made me say it!:cool:)

The Westerpark gig was so great, I met a lot of nice MFC people, stood in front and had a blast!

And a very memorable moment was the birth of Izzie, not really Mika related, but she is the first MFC baby and you guys were all so supportive during my pregnancy :wub2: So I mention it anyway.

My happy memories of 2008 were all vicarious.

I had

No Mika gigs

No M&Gs

No bumping into him at Yelle or anywhere else.:sneaky2:

But I had heaps of fun on here trying to be the first to get back with the online pics of the various gigs/Grammys/Ivors/whatever, that was loads of fun and laughs. The time difference was the key to my success.:naughty:

My MIKA-YEAR 2008 was good. I only went to a gig but it was great!

I met finally MIKA and that was an experience that I won't forget! I'll bring it forever in my heart ... (And of course I met some MFCers too! )

I hope to meet HIM in 2009 too! :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by Gracekelly85

My 2008 highlights

Meeting Mika after the Brixton gig - he was a true gentleman.

The Amsterdam gig - lots of MFC'rs, much kindness, plenty

rain - and a lovely chat with Mika at the end!!

The MFC party in London. A long way to travel, but a wonderful

evening, spent with lots of lovely people!!

My central heating being put in at last!! :naughty:

Found it Rose!

Well ofcourse my happiest moment of 2008 is meeting Weealx (he made me say it!:cool:)

The Westerpark gig was so great, I met a lot of nice MFC people, stood in front and had a blast!

And a very memorable moment was the birth of Izzie, not really Mika related, but she is the first MFC baby and you guys were all so supportive during my pregnancy :wub2: So I mention it anyway.

That is definitely one of the highlights of the year, the first MFC baby.

Certainly a historical landmark here.

Meeting more MFCers from home and abroad to notably;

Mici, Bettesan, Shady, Miek and Alexander, Aurelien, Avoca(with Allegra my saviours at Brixton), Meg, Shady, Olga, Fanny, Babz, Niki, Axie, Ana, Vonnie, Ircazo, La Fashionista, Biekje, Monie, Weealx, Julie, Hev and last but certainly not least RACHA!

I'm sure there are so many more whose names escape me right now, and I apologise for not remembering all the people I met.

Edited by RAK1

By the way, I just saw some of your vids of Westerpark Sara (I always watch vids of Westerpark after I watch the PDP DVD, don't know why, probably because I was at WP and I wasn't at PDP. Watching PDP makes me wanna watch WP material. And to be honoust I like the WP ones more. Smaller venue, Mika more at ease). I saw lots of WP vids already but not yours. Today I did, I really like them. Especially the Love Today one. I was wondering who's voice you can hear so well when Grey Skelly is breaking his arm. Is it yours?

I agree, I also think (and have said before on a number of occasions,to some people's frustration:naughty:) that, as a concert, Amsterdam was way better than Paris in my opinion.

Some of us even say it on one of my meet and greet vids :roftl::

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38035863

And I have watched the Love Today vid that you mention, and yes, I think that the voice would be me. You mean when I go 'aaaay! How mean!'? :blush-anim-cl:

My happy memories of 2008 were all vicarious.

I had

No Mika gigs

No M&Gs

No bumping into him at Yelle or anywhere else.:sneaky2:

But I had heaps of fun on here trying to be the first to get back with the online pics of the various gigs/Grammys/Ivors/whatever, that was loads of fun and laughs. The time difference was the key to my success.:naughty:

Yeah, see, the time difference is good for SOME things :crybaby:

I hope that you get tons of good experiences in 2009 BS!!

The Amsterdam gig totally rocked, he was on fire that day. Looked totally relaxed and had fun, although he did look a bit ticked off a couple of times, noticably to me, when he was introducing the band and got to David, and there was some booing, it was noticable, because he didn't introduce Cherisse! I was shocked, he NEVER forgets her!

But I was on Martins side that day, and me and Meg had a lot of fun with him. He was brilliant, joking around with us from the stage.

Paris, was very visually stunning. I cannot fault the big production spectacle of it all, but it was so big, and I guess being at the end of the walkway wasn't the best place to stand in the end.

Mika asked me after the show if it was worth the trip, and it really was, despite not having the best view, it was still a good show, and the atmosphere was brilliant.

My most memorable show was absolutely Madrid!:thumb_yello:

I think it has to do with the facts that although we had to wait the whole night before Mika came on stage, listen to a lot of other musicians, some good, some almost painful, the atmosphere was good and it was warm, warmer than most summer days in my country!:naughty:

When he finally came and did his show he felt relaxed and in a very good mood!:wub2:

And our friends Mirtilla and Queenie were on stage dancing as big girls!:wub2:

To me it was a magic feeling!:wub2:

And I got to meet and actually had time to talk to and get to know so many MFCers!

Even the second night was fantastic when Queenie and TheBlackQueen took us for a tour in central Madrid!:thumb_yello:

That is definitely one of the highlights of the year, the first MFC baby.

Certainly a historical landmark here.

Meeting more MFCers from home and abroad to notably;

Mici, Bettesan, Shady, Miek and Alexander, Aurelien, Avoca(with Allegra my saviours at Brixton), Meg, Shady, Olga, Fanny, Babz, Niki, Axie, Ana, Vonnie, Ircazo, La Fashionista, Biekje, Monie, Weealx, Julie, Hev and last but certainly not least RACHA!

I'm sure there are so many more whose names escape me right now, and I apologise for not remembering all the people I met.

Hello!:bye:

The Amsterdam gig totally rocked, he was on fire that day. Looked totally relaxed and had fun, although he did look a bit ticked off a couple of times, noticably to me, when he was introducing the band and got to David, and there was some booing, it was noticable, because he didn't introduce Cherisse! I was shocked, he NEVER forgets her!

But I was on Martins side that day, and me and Meg had a lot of fun with him. He was brilliant, joking around with us from the stage.

Paris, was very visually stunning. I cannot fault the big production spectacle of it all, but it was so big, and I guess being at the end of the walkway wasn't the best place to stand in the end.

Mika asked me after the show if it was worth the trip, and it really was, despite not having the best view, it was still a good show, and the atmosphere was brilliant.

He also looked ticked off at another point, when 'someone' messed their part up :fisch:

It was very noticeable, and I can even hear myself saying on one of my vids: 'Mika looks mad!' :naughty:.

I agree about Paris. What I said comparing it to Madrid doesn't mean that I regret going to Paris, or that it was bad. No Mika gig would ever be bad, and I also think that the trip was very worth it (for many reasons).

Werchter .. my first one :wub2: Very special...

And Amsterdam .. a real show & the M&G :wub2:

And that's it :roftl: But it probably was the best week of my life :roftl:

Also want to thank C@rin@ to make it possible for me to go to both gigs :wub2:

Werchter .. my first one Very special...

And Amsterdam .. a real show & the M&G :wub2:

And that's it :roftl: But it probably was the best week of my life :roftl:

Also want to thank C@rin@ to make it possible for me to go to both gigs :wub2:

Aaaaaaah I love Debbie :wub2::wub2: She's so lovely. Where is she these days though???