The Happy Memories of 2008 thread - 2008 gigs and appearances.

RAK1

Here's hoping 2009 is the year you get to see him live, it's an awesome experience, no matter how many times you see it.

definately. I'm ALMOST sure he will play in New Zealand, and i'm going on holiday for two weeks to australia this year, and if i can find out tour dates in the Next month or so my family will plan the holiday around that and I’ll be able to see him live is aussie too! Eeee! And then I’d get too meet some of my aussie mikafriends! But sadly, I can’t see any tour dates being announced anytime soon. *sigh*

But I am so looking forward to seeing mika live, the best bands I’ve seen live so far are the ting tings, rapture ruckus, Justin timberlake, switchfoot blablahblah. My fav so far was rapture, but I get to see family force five live next week, and YAYYYY! :lol :bleh:

yeah, tell me about it. :thumbdown:

*retches*

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really agree!

Meeting the both of you after has been talking to you for so long in the very special thread was a big experience!

My family was worried when I went to London for the December gigs, meeting people from the internet in a foreign city…:blink:

Little do they know!:roftl:

I will never forget the long breakfast in Amsterdam, the three tea bags one,and the lovely conversation!

And walking back to the hotel after the show and the M&G…

Thank you, both of you, for being the lovely persons you are!:wub2:

Ah Sienna, those were nice memories :thumb_yello:. And thank YOU, it was also fantastic meeting you, you're a lovely lovely person :wub2:

My fave 2008 Mika memory was seeing him live for the 1st time in SF.

It wasnt even ruined by me failing my calculus test the next day, i was on a cloud for days after.

I must say that if you had passed the test the day after, I would have been majorly impressed :naughty:. But in the great scheme of things, what does a test matter when you've seen Mika :roftl:

Finally meeting you in person after so many months definitely was one of my personal highlights.... Although I must also admit that I had never in a million years imagined that I'd be part of a fanclub, posting on an internet forum, and travelling to meet people who I just had met online.

And yes, I know what you say about the first gig. There is a certain feeling that you can only get on that first one, as it's the wonder and amazement that you feel when you finally see him in the flesh in front of you, on stage, doing his thing. It just can't compare to anything else. It's a bit like the first kiss with someone new

For me that moment was also 2007, at the ICA iTunes Festival.

Such a fantastic venue for a first gig, just around 200 people and meeting him afterwards; I was truly walking on air that night!!

This was the point of no return .

:roftl: Like the first kiss with someone new girl_blush2.gif... hm, yes, in a way...:wub2:

That night is for sure carved in my memory.

I really agree!

Meeting the both of you after has been talking to you for so long in the very special thread was a big experience!

My family was worried when I went to London for the December gigs, meeting people from the internet in a foreign city…

Little do they know!

I will never forget the long breakfast in Amsterdam, the three tea bags one,:naughty: and the lovely conversation!

And walking back to the hotel after the show and the M&G…

Thank you, both of you, for being the lovely persons you are!:wub2:

Aww, sienna :huglove:, you're so sweet! I have to say the same and about the breakfast and all that... (gigs... M&G... walking back to the hotel...): We have to do this again!

:thumb_yello:

so many amazing memories from 2008:wub2:

first of all my first mika gigs in february in london when i couldnt believe that my dream of seeing mika perform live had come true!! very very special moments

then amsterdam, even better than the london concerts in my opinion!

listening to rain live is absolutely amazing:wub2:

the m&g after the gig was the sweetest best surprise ever!!! how can i describe how great it was to finally meet mika:wub2:

the blogs were of course among the best moments of 2008! i enjoyed reading and watching all the fantastic things that mika posted sooo much!

the year ended with the mfc xmas party. we had so much fun there and who could have guessed that mika would buy champagne for all of us!?! how incredibly kind and generous of him that was...

it was great to meet many of you in amsterdam and at the xmas party!!!!

2008 was amazing! I wish that 2009 will be even better for all of us!!!

Here's hoping 2009 is the year you get to see him live, it's an awesome experience, no matter how many times you see it.

As you can tell.:naughty:

Oh, I have to mention the MFCers aswell ofcourse! It was great meeting most of the people I wanted to meet.

I didn't even meet Mika in Amsterdam, but meeting all of you, certainly made up for that.:wub2:

2007 had ended very good, mika wise (I mean aside him being NOT there once again at a gig, we had GREAT fun in london in dec.) and the oct. gig in italy had been.. :wub2:

but 2008 was defo super, mika wise. the new session of london gigs are tied to very special memories for me :blush-anim-cl::wub2: and good laughs too :naughty:

it was great to meet so many mfc'ers as well. :wub2: and to have a better interaction with the band and the management as well. :thumb_yello:

arras was a grand show (my fave, after bologna, perhaps).

and the chat with mika after the show in nyon was the best ever. I am SO glad i decided to go there in the end :thumb_yello:

arras was a grand show (my fave, after bologna, perhaps).

and the chat with mika after the show in nyon was the best ever. I am SO glad i decided to go there in the end :thumb_yello:

ARRAS...very fun,no??

and Nyon,of course a vip after show due to all of us and...mister john!!!!:wub2:

you did the good choice,no??and allegra and mirtilla too finally:thumb_yello:

What a great thread! Lovely to read everyones memories..............we have some brilliant times don't we?

2008 was very different to 2007 but then it had to be really didn't it.....no one can keep up that pace and we DO need a new album:thumb_yello: However, even though it seems to have been a quiet year Mika wise my 2008 file is NEARLY as fat as my 2007 one:roftl:

I saw Mika six times in 08 :

Hammersmith

Brixton

Paris

Arras

Amsterdam

Nimes

And then of course the party.

I can honestly say that I have brilliant memories from all the events....all very different but all very good. And meeting mfcers new and old is always a joy. I think it is great that so many of us got togther in London for the party with no Mika in sight (well.........not quite) and still had an amazing time:wub2:

Of the summer gigs............it is difficult to choose a favourite...........Arras was an absolute riot of laughter and a truely amazing day. Mika was so much more visably relaxed than PDP the night before and looked fantastic in his jeans and red t shirt.

Paris.................what can I say that hasn't already been said.....but I really enjoy watching it over and over on dvd...and love every moment of it:wub2:

Amsterdam..............not brilliant memories of the gig itself as I was with Wendi who was (rightly) very disappointed with the positioning of the disabled platform right at the back. However............meeting Mika afterwards was definatetly one of the highlights of my MFC year.

Nimes................I travelled alone..............I didn't know any other UK mfcers that were there..............there were not many English speakers there.............and yet it was amazing. It was of course a fantatsic venue, totally awesome. The other mfcers were amazing.............It was a truely special night.

The party was a great culmination to the year. Thanks to everyone that was there for making it a truely great night...and to Mika of course.............in fact, thanks to Mika for another great year of brilliant memories:wub2:

ARRAS...very fun,no??

and Nyon,of course a vip after show due to all of us and...mister john!!!!:wub2:

you did the good choice,no??and allegra and mirtilla too finally:thumb_yello:

it was indeed a brilliant choice, fanny :blush-anim-cl:

What a great thread! Lovely to read everyones memories..............we have some brilliant times don't we?

2008 was very different to 2007 but then it had to be really didn't it.....no one can keep up that pace and we DO need a new album:thumb_yello: However, even though it seems to have been a quiet year Mika wise my 2008 file is NEARLY as fat as my 2007 one:roftl:

Hammersmith

Brixton

Paris

Arras

Amsterdam

Nimes

I can honestly say that I have brilliant memories from all the events....all very different but all very good. And meeting mfcers new and old is always a joy. I think it is great that so many of us got togther in London for the party with no Mika in sight (well.........not quite) and still had an amazing time:wub2:

Of the summer gigs............it is difficult to choose a favourite...........Arras was an absolute riot of laughter and a truely amazing day. Mika was so much more visably relaxed than PDP the night before and looked fantastic in his jeans and red t shirt.

Paris.................what can I say that hasn't already been said.....but I really enjoy watching it over and over on dvd...and love every moment of it:wub2:

Amsterdam..............not brilliant memories of the gig itself as I was with Wendi who was (rightly) very disappointed with the positioning of the disabled platform right at the back. However............meeting Mika afterwards was definatetly one of the highlights of my MFC year.

Nimes................I travelled alone..............I didn't know any other UK mfcers that were there..............there were not many English speakers there.............and yet it was amazing. It was of course a fantatsic venue, totally awesome. The other mfcers were amazing.............It was a truely special night.

The party was a great culmination to the year. Thanks to everyone that was there for making it a truely great night...and to Mika of course.............in fact, thanks to Mika for another great year of brilliant memories:wub2:

Beautifully said, Kath. I think another: Amen. would be at place here. :wink2:

brixton 2008b was definately the highlight of my year!!

i owe so much thanks to rose saliflor (can never spell your name right) nikibella ( my pic) cassie (not elf) and freddie for getting us drunk and making us walk the whole length of london in search of freddie mercury and liz for wiping my tears away when i got emotional! lovely to meet racha too

sorryif i havemissed anyone!!!

when ever life is crap i alwayas pull out my photo album and look back at london! its a sure way to mkae me smile again!

Well my Mika year started early feb. Heard that tickets were available and I immediately bought 2, one for me and one for my best friend.

She always let me hear songs of him and I got to like him more and more.

She didnt know yet, so I gave her a call to ask if she was off 8th of july. She didnt know, as she has 2 small kids.

So I told her she HAS to have the 8th of july off, as we're going to see Mika!

She and I were superhappy!

So then the preparations started. It was her first concert EVER, so that was extra special.

We wanted to dress up for this gig, so we went online and chose an outfit. After that we (or well, I) looked for other stuff, all pink.

Had a great time preparing.

And then it was time, the day before we dyed our hair (pink) and got everything ready for the day after.

8th of july...best friend was ill. She was sick almost the whole night and ALMOST we didnt end up going:shocked:

We went to Amsterdam a bit later than we wanted, but we went!

Listened to the cd the whole trip ofcourse:roftl:

Then we got in Amsterdam and found out that not many people sat there waiting yet:thumb_yello:

So we sat down and ate something. The best part was that Mika played some intro's already of his songs. Never heard an artist do that while we were waiting!Awesome!

Another fun thing is, that we didnt know anyone there, but since I joined the MFC I do know some people now who sat near us hahaha.

While waiting there was LOTS of paparazzi :P and a woman from some newspaper wanted to ask us questions and who are we to say no to that ey.

Then the concert started and I've never ever seen ANYTHING like that...I was stunned!

A whole circus on stage, balloons, clowns...couldnt believe my eyes!

Right after the gig we went home (and there I found out about the meet and greet...we didnt wait as Ive been to so many gigs before of other artists and they never took time for their fans, I was sooo soooo sad we didnt wait) and I immediately uploaded my Rain video (which was used on here and through that I found out there was a fanclub!).

So I joined the MFC! another highlight!

And about a month after joining we had our first meeting. I didnt know anyone, but it was lots of fun and from there on the fun went on!

I know some people now from here, that I can honestly say about, that they became friends, in real life.

So Mika is actually my highlight of 2008. Mika and all that's involved with that.

The MFC meetings (Efteling, twice at my place for the premiere of the Mika DVD) and London ofcourse with the champagne.

Let the journey continue...

Oh Gosh Can't even realise what was the highlight of last year... From what I remember I attended the following shows:

London *3

Paris

Arras

Arcachon

La Rochelle

Nimes

Ahhhhhhh London, apart from the fact that I could hang out in this town which I absolutely love, one of the highlights was getting drunk for free on Mika's account :naughty:... Thanks Mika !

I'd say that Nimes was one of the best. Beautiful scenery, middle front row (perfect), great ! Kath it was nice to see you there ! Arcachon was fun too, we had some big laughs with the French squad regarding the support band, cause the lyrics were so... whatever !

Arras was really fun. During Mika's gig I had a great time with Avoca, Mirtilla, Pamette and the rest, we were not so close to the stage but we did not care, the atmosphere was just fun and we just felt like enjoying ourselves !

Paris was beautiful, this was a feist for the eyes, all those colours, clowns, the set...

So apart from La Rochelle (bad memory for me), I keep only nice memories :thumb_yello:!

Oh Gosh Can't even realise what was the highlight of last year... From what I remember I attended the following shows:

London *3

Paris

Arras

Arcachon

La Rochelle

Nimes

Ahhhhhhh London' date=' apart from the fact that I could hang out in this town which I absolutely love, one of the highlights was getting drunk for free on Mika's account :naughty:... Thanks Mika !

I'd say that Nimes was one of the best. Beautiful scenery, middle front row (perfect), great ! Kath it was nice to see you there ! Arcachon was fun too, we had some big laughs with the French squad regarding the support band, cause the lyrics were so... whatever !

Arras was really fun. During Mika's gig I had a great time with Avoca, Mirtilla, Pamette and the rest, we were not so close to the stage but we did not care, the atmosphere was just fun and we just felt like enjoying ourselves !

Paris was beautiful, this was a feist for the eyes, all those colours, clowns, the set...

So apart from La Rochelle (bad memory for me), I keep only nice memories :thumb_yello:![/quote']

look forward for mika to start touring again also so we can meet, em :wub2:

we've got to do some planning , so we can attend the same gig :naughty:

London *3

Paris

Arras

Arcachon

La Rochelle

Nimes

Ahhhhhhh London' date=' apart from the fact that I could hang out in this town which I absolutely love, one of the highlights was getting drunk for free on Mika's account :naughty:... Thanks Mika !

[b']I'd say that Nimes was one of the best. Beautiful scenery, middle front row (perfect), great ! Kath it was nice to see you there ![/b] Arcachon was fun too, we had some big laughs with the French squad regarding the support band, cause the lyrics were so... whatever !

So apart from La Rochelle (bad memory for me), I keep only nice memories :thumb_yello:!

Thanks Em......................I felt that you were all looking after me:shocked::roftl: Lovely international MFC family that we are:wub2:

And about a month after joining we had our first meeting. I didnt know anyone, but it was lots of fun and from there on the fun went on!

I know some people now from here, that I can honestly say about, that they became friends, in real life.

So Mika is actually my highlight of 2008. Mika and all that's involved with that.

The MFC meetings (Efteling, twice at my place for the premiere of the Mika DVD) and London ofcourse with the champagne.

Let the journey continue...

:wub2:

3 out of 4 .. not bad :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

I'll definitely go to London ... someday ... :roftl:

My greatest memory of 2008 was doing Yasmine's giftbook and finally meeting her, she was extremely nice, like all the Penniman clan. :wub2:

Other great memories all the gigs I went to especially the Fiat Launch Party and the last Brixton gig. I can't believe it's nearly been a year since I last saw him perform, I'm not used to that :blink: (Apart from the 16 years before I knew he existed :naughty:).

Oh also, silly me to forgot, one of the best moments was meeting and hanging out with MFCers. And of course the great MFC Party were we totally rocked Planet Hollywood and the whole of London :punk:

Edited by hotdlp

- stalking a car for miles just cause it had a huge 'MIKA' sign on it. i wanted to take a pic but the guy noticed we were following him and started taking all those little streets. i think we scared him so we gave up. i still regret...

Something like this?

picture0009.jpg

:naughty:

Hammersmith

Brixton

Paris

Arras

Amsterdam

Nimes

very beauifully said kath:wub2:

look forward for mika to start touring again also so we can meet, em :wub2:

we've got to do some planning , so we can attend the same gig :naughty:

Indeed my dear :wub2:! I'd love to see you again very soon ! Problem is: we still don't have the dates... Now I'm thinking he can't propose dates before May at least can he? When I look at other artists, we already have their dates for May...

Thanks Em......................I felt that you were all looking after me:shocked::roftl: Lovely international MFC family that we are:wub2:

Indeed Kath ! It's been so long since I last saw everyone, but once it starts again... :wink2:!