The Happy Memories of 2008 thread - 2008 gigs and appearances.

RAK1

Aaaaaaah I love Debbie :wub2::wub2: She's so lovely. Where is she these days though???

I know! :wub2:

And I don't know :tears:

Very busy with school I think (and next to school probably her horses) .. And she's going to do an internship in Bali, think from february, so probably busy with that too ... No time for MFC :sad:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a lovely idea, Rose! I just wish I had more to report...

Alas, I just went to one gig this year -- Nearly a year ago now,

2/2/08 in New York City. It was fabulous, though, and I had the chance to meet so many MFCers there! :wub2: Oh, and Mika, too, of course! :wub2: :wub2:

Then of course I had another MFC (not strictly Mika) Moment when I went to London this summer and had the chance to meet up with bab, jemma, and SarahLou again -- as well as meet our very own Standard Toaster who was in London at the same time! That was amaaazing! :thumb_yello:

My happy memories of 2008 were all vicarious.

I had

No Mika gigs

No M&Gs

No bumping into him at Yelle or anywhere else.:sneaky2:

Awww, Blue Sky -- your turn will come, I just know it!

But you've reminded me of MY vicarious thrills -- My Virtual Dodgy Holiday

Tour, which allowed me to experience many of the other US gigs, even

though I wasn't actually there. Phone calls from Charlotte, and Mana and

lilmot, and who else...? really allowed me to be a part of more gigs

than I paid for! :naughty: The next best thing to being there -- and then

I could come online here and report back to all of you... that was

truly a big highlight!

Next...?

such a great idea Rose! i can't wait to get hold of the new yearbook so meanwhile this thread will totally do :biggrin2:

i can't believe i only went to three gigs in 2008. it really seems as if there were so much more.. mika took over that year.. here are my memories:

february 28th:

- the gig itself was AMAZING, the atmosphere was fantastic!

- the afterparty.. well i didn't get the chance to talk to Mika but i did talk to his Mum who was sooo nice.. she had her camera with her, started filming me even though i panicked and tried to hide, i'm camera shy :naughty: i had some things in mind that i was planning to tell him, things i forgot to tell him when i talked to him in Berlin back in November. she was so kind it made my day and i really didn't regret that much not getting to talk to him. she's so great :wub2: so looking back, for me personally, the afterparty is not a bad memory..

- singing and dancing before the afterparty, that was so much fun

- being able to tell my friends that London trip was great and in fact i spent the evening drinking champagne with Mika.. they were never supportive of my Mika addiction, especially after i flew to London in Dec and my two gigs got postponed.. they were giving me such a hard time, it was pure pleasure to get my little revange.. i'm a bad person, i know..

Paris gig

- meeting Kam and Iva again and sharing all those moments with them.. i actually really liked that show, even though i'm all for small gigs *hintacoustic tourhint*

- it also was the first time i got to meet more MFCers but i'm terrible with names and faces so i confuse everyone all the time. in Amsterdam i scared violetsky cause i started admiring my Mika@RAH t-shirt which, as i found out AFTER i came back home, was designed by a different violetsky.. she was so clueless why i kept repeating that i love my t-shirt so much.. i also confused kath with cath85.. well, i guess i just need a lot more time...

- watching the dvd was also a fun eve, kam iva and i literally fell of the couch when we saw ourselves :biggrin2:

- watching the dvd again with my family when i came home for Christmas. i made them watch it and actually they liked it so much they volunteered to watch the first one with me!

Amsterdam

- gig! it was amazing!

- waiting in the queue was nice. i can even say it was fun, and it means a lot cause i HATE waiting.. when i have to wait for a bus i'd rather just walk. hate waiting, hate it. but Amsterdam was nice :wink2:

- meet&greet, very succesful for me cause for the very first time i almost managed to say what i meant to say. i almost didn't forget anything like i usually do.. i think that if it wasn't for him holding my hand and being as nice as always, i'd manage to say everything. i blame mika :mf_rosetinted:

- our flight to Poland got delayed so the 4 of us spent like 6 hours on the airport, singing mika songs, eating lollipop after lollipop and playing volleyball. it was great..

and there are of course those not gig-related moments that brought so much joy to my life:

- mikamail, so much fun to buy loads of useless things with my sisters. they were running around screaming 'this is mikaish, this is mikaish! this is not but it's nice, we're taking it!'

- stalking a car for miles just cause it had a huge 'MIKA' sign on it. i wanted to take a pic but the guy noticed we were following him and started taking all those little streets. i think we scared him so we gave up. i still regret..

- hearing my sisters using all the Mika-talk.. like when they buy something and go on repeating 'so what do you think, you like my dress? is it nice? nice? is it nice?'.. i love them..

- getting all sorts of gifts just cause they're colorful or Mikaish in a way. my sister even brought me a plastic bag she was given in a grocery in Thailand cause it reminded her of Mika :blink:

things like that keep on coming to me now but it's all so boring. omg.. i think it officially is my longest post here..

let me just say, 2008 was brilliant but i sense that 2009 will be more ridiculous, more fun, more crazy, more colorful, just MORE.. can't wait!

thanks to all of you, for bewitching my life..

Edited by agnieszka

:doh:

Oh yes we meet then, I forgot!

It was at the cancelled gig in December to be precise, at the bar and I signed the flag!:wub2:

hello rose..;and you met me too:roftl::roftl:

http://a939.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_68019c3f0f2a0688198784c93bd16f7a.jpg

not good quality,sorry,but i see you in my pics,and i remember you,my best penguin!!!

i think i'll put some words here another day!cauz i love this thread,thanks to all for there participation ;)it's great to remember through your mind....

Agnieszka that was a long and beautiful story about your Mika year!

Lovely to read!:wub2:

aww, thank you Sienna:blush-anim-cl:

hello rose..;and you met me too

http://a939.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/25/l_68019c3f0f2a0688198784c93bd16f7a.jpg

not good quality,sorry,but i see you in my pics,and i remember you,my best penguin!!!

i think i'll put some words here another day!cauz i love this thread,thanks to all for there participation. it's great to remember through your mind....

since we're on that subject, Rose you met me also :biggrin2: i'm the one whose friend took the pics of you and Mika at the afterparty :wink2:

hehe, anyone else? :naughty:

i'm also pretty sure i met you, Fanny. in Paris, you were sorry you didn't have more gigs planned after that one.

man, i'm getting better at this! give me like 5 years and maybe i'll stop mistaking people.. :naughty:

I agree, I also think (and have said before on a number of occasions,to some people's frustration:naughty:) that, as a concert, Amsterdam was way better than Paris in my opinion.

Some of us even say it on one of my meet and greet vids :roftl::

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=38035863

And I have watched the Love Today vid that you mention, and yes, I think that the voice would be me. You mean when I go 'aaaay! How mean!'? :blush-anim-cl:

Yeah, see, the time difference is good for SOME things :crybaby:

I hope that you get tons of good experiences in 2009 BS!!

Yes, that is the voice I meant :naughty:. It's nice to know it's yours, since I hear that voice on more vids, now I know who's it is. Racha told me about a vid that is on Youtube where she keeps shouting to Mika the country she is from: "Mika Lebanon, Mika Lebanon" :naughty:. I had seen that vid actually, and did wonder who that enthusiastic fan was. It turned out to be Racha. :naughty:

I am glad that I am not the only one who liked the Amsterdam gig better. Then again, I wasn't in Paris, if I would have been there I would have probably liked it anyway.

Rose, meeting you and Vicky and having you as my roommies is really one of my favorite memories of 2008. I can honestly say that I have never laughed so much in one weekend then I did in that weekend, thanks to you and Vicky! And even tho I am a relatively new Mikafan, I felt immediately accepted :wub2:.

Yes, that is the voice I meant :naughty:. It's nice to know it's yours, since I hear that voice on more vids, now I know who's it is. Racha told me about a vid that is on Youtube where she keeps shouting to Mika the country she is from: "Mika Lebanon, Mika Lebanon" :naughty:. I had seen that vid actually, and did wonder who that enthusiastic fan was. It turned out to be Racha. :naughty:

I am glad that I am not the only one who liked the Amsterdam gig better. Then again, I wasn't in Paris, if I would have been there I would have probably liked it anyway.

Rose, meeting you and Vicky and having you as my roommies is really one of my favorite memories of 2008. I can honestly say that I have never laughed so much in one weekend then I did in that weekend, thanks to you and Vicky! And even tho I am a relatively new Mikafan, I felt immediately accepted :wub2:.

Ah, the Christmas party, good memories from that too.

Sharing the room with you and Vicky,, the spooky moment at the lifts when I thought I saw Robi, sitting in Kaths room and Robi walked in, TOTALLY surprising us all! The walk to PH, getting there and finding we had a room to ourselves, THE CHAMPAGNE! (thanks again Mika), thee singalongs, breakfast the next morning, going out for coffee before some went home, and spending the rest of the day with Racha going to the NHM and pictures with penguins.

One AWESOME weekend.

For me it all started back in February 26, 2008 my first time seeing Mika live. It was great as i had a chance to meet some lovely mfce'rs (although i was too shy to speak :blush-anim-cl:) and finally watch him live and experience his live gigs and the whole energy.

Next was my decision to fly to Paris to see Mika in PDP last July 2 weeks before the show, meeting some mfce'rs again and some for the first time, hanging out with Avoca listening and viewing Mika doing his sound check through the gates. Then later after the concert having my chance to finally speak to him. :wub2:

2008 was a great year and i can't wait for more gigs.

Edited by Mici

For me it all started back in February 26, 2008 my first time seeing Mika live. It was great as i had a chance to meet some lovely mfce'rs (although i was too shy to speak :blush-anim-cl:) and finally watch him live and experience his live gigs and the whole energy.

Next was my decision to fly to Paris to see Mika in PDP last July 2 weeks before the show, meeting some mfce'rs again and some for the first time, hanging out with Avoca listening and viewing Mika doing his sound check through the gates. Then later after the concert having my chance to finally speak to him. :wub2:

wonderful...so wonderful:tears:

:blush-anim-cl:

such a great idea Rose! i can't wait to get hold of the new yearbook so meanwhile this thread will totally do

i can't believe i only went to three gigs in 2008. it really seems as if there were so much more.. mika took over that year.. here are my memories:

february 28th:

- the gig itself was AMAZING, the atmosphere was fantastic!

- the afterparty.. well i didn't get the chance to talk to Mika but i did talk to his Mum who was sooo nice.. she had her camera with her, started filming me even though i panicked and tried to hide, i'm camera shy i had some things in mind that i was planning to tell him, things i forgot to tell him when i talked to him in Berlin back in November. she was so kind it made my day and i really didn't regret that much not getting to talk to him. she's so great so looking back, for me personally, the afterparty is not a bad memory..

- singing and dancing before the afterparty, that was so much fun

- being able to tell my friends that London trip was great and in fact i spent the evening drinking champagne with Mika.. they were never supportive of my Mika addiction, especially after i flew to London in Dec and my two gigs got postponed.. they were giving me such a hard time, it was pure pleasure to get my little revange.. i'm a bad person, i know..

Paris gig

- meeting Kam and Iva again and sharing all those moments with them.. i actually really liked that show, even though i'm all for small gigs *hintacoustic tourhint*

- it also was the first time i got to meet more MFCers but i'm terrible with names and faces so i confuse everyone all the time. in Amsterdam i scared violetsky cause i started admiring my Mika@RAH t-shirt which, as i found out AFTER i came back home, was designed by a different violetsky.. she was so clueless why i kept repeating that i love my t-shirt so much.. i also confused kath with cath85.. well, i guess i just need a lot more time...

- watching the dvd was also a fun eve, kam iva and i literally fell of the couch when we saw ourselves :biggrin2:

- watching the dvd again with my family when i came home for Christmas. i made them watch it and actually they liked it so much they volunteered to watch the first one with me!

Amsterdam

- gig! it was amazing!

- waiting in the queue was nice. i can even say it was fun, and it means a lot cause i HATE waiting.. when i have to wait for a bus i'd rather just walk. hate waiting, hate it. but Amsterdam was nice

- meet&greet, very succesful for me cause for the very first time i almost managed to say what i meant to say. i almost didn't forget anything like i usually do.. i think that if it wasn't for him holding my hand and being as nice as always, i'd manage to say everything. i blame mika

- our flight to Poland got delayed so the 4 of us spent like 6 hours on the airport, singing mika songs, eating lollipop after lollipop and playing volleyball. it was great..

and there are of course those not gig-related moments that brought so much joy to my life:

- mikamail, so much fun to buy loads of useless things with my sisters. they were running around screaming 'this is mikaish, this is mikaish! this is not but it's nice, we're taking it!'

- stalking a car for miles just cause it had a huge 'MIKA' sign on it. i wanted to take a pic but the guy noticed we were following him and started taking all those little streets. i think we scared him so we gave up. i still regret..

- hearing my sisters using all the Mika-talk.. like when they buy something and go on repeating 'so what do you think, you like my dress? is it nice? nice? is it nice?'.. i love them..

- getting all sorts of gifts just cause they're colorful or Mikaish in a way. my sister even brought me a plastic bag she was given in a grocery in Thailand cause it reminded her of Mika

things like that keep on coming to me now but it's all so boring. omg.. i think it officially is my longest post here..

let me just say, 2008 was brilliant but i sense that 2009 will be more ridiculous, more fun, more crazy, more colorful, just MORE.. can't wait!

thanks to all of you, for bewitching my life..

as it's said b4 long but very very beautiful post:wub2::wub2:...I can (almost:tears:) see and feel like u felt then....

really ... tnx 4 the post:blush-anim-cl:

Ahh... 2008. :wub2:

Started the year having never seen Mika live. Then came the North American leg of the Dodgy Holiday tour. Saw him in three cities in five days, over the course of 2,100 km. Crazy? Maybe. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

Los Angeles gig

Meeting all my Californian MFCers at Denny's near the Wiltern Theatre, then queuing for hours outside of the venue in the pretty LA sunshine. MFCers running down the sidewalk, spraying all the waiting Mika fans with silly string.

That moment...front row, hearing 9-5, then Saranayde popping out of her balloon...then those first notes of Relax. Wow.

Then he was on stage in front of me - real, in the flesh - living, breathing, singing Mika. That crazy feeling of delirious happiness, of just wanting to barrel over the barrier and pull him in. And the fact that everyone else around me clearly felt the same.

Then, afterward. Final notes of Lollipop. Confetti is raining down, and there's just this feeling of total, utter euphoria. MFCers go outside, trying to figure out which of the two exits he's leaving from. Running back and forth through a parking garage between the two exits. Then security starts organizing a queue with metal barriers. MFCers are near the front of the line. Soon, Mika is there. I still remember being absolutely shellshocked that he was right there in front of me. He signs my yearbook, tells me how amazing it is. Hugs me. And I wander off in a daze.

That was February 11th. I cannot for the life of me believe that it's been almost a year! Wow. I can't wait for another Mika fix.

San Francisco gig

After the LA gig I didn't get to sleep until 4am, 'cause I was on here writing my review. :naughty: Then I had to be up at 5am to go to LAX and catch a flight to San Francisco to do it all over again! I still can't believe I saw Mika twice in 48 hours, on precisely one hour of sleep. :insane:

Got to the Warfield (the San Francisco venue) at around 1 pm. There was no queue. In fact, by 6pm there still was only around 50 people in line! Got front row again. After PDP, I remember thinking just how freakin' lucky I was to have gotten to see Mika from the front row twice. Again, amazingly awesome performance. Unlike LA, I had my camera for this gig, so I took video. Still some of my favourite clips.

Vancouver gig

How could anything top Vancouver? Getting to be a Lollipop Girl was out of this world. I look back and I'm still so damn glad that Mika gets fans onstage as LGs and BGs. I'm still going to be telling this story when I'm 75 years old.

It's been a year as of February 15th, but I still remember standing on the side of that stage watching him perform - especially Happy Ending. And then of course Lollipop, dancing on stage with Mika and the band.

I know I should say my wedding was the biggest thrill I had in 2008, but sorry StandardToaster, it's gonna have to be a close second. :naughty:

July festival run and blogging

When Mika said he'd blog, we were all so very skeptical. But then he kept up with it, making July so freakin' awesome! And these were nice because we ALL got to enjoy them, even fans in corners of the world that are sadly neglected.

Loved the festival run! It was so nice to be getting gig reports again.

Also, the fact that the first two songs from PDP were broadcast on that French radio station. I was at work, and an hour before, my Internet connection went down. I nearly had an aneurysm! But it came back up, and I was able to get the stream going. Hearing those two songs live online was so freakin' cool. I hope that in the future, Mika finds some means of broadcasting the occasional gig.

Getting my tattoo

I got the idea in July, mulled it over for a few months, then in October got a tattoo of Lollipop Girl on my left ankle. Now this whole crazy Mika world is permanently a part of me. And even if my future kids and grandkids think I'm crazy, I'll have a nice reminder of this rollercoaster in cartoon motion. :wub2:

Aaaannd.... I've written a novel here. Haha! Go, me. Oh well, it's been forever since I've had a gig to write about, I needed an outlet. :naughty:

N

I

M

E

S

/

/

I miss him so badly :tears:

I will do a proper description but ...

dudes I really feel like crying, like when you feel it in your throat. And not of happiness. But I don't get it, it WAS the best day of 2008, the best day of my whole entire life. But I just miss him. Like anything.

I might be able to go to another gig soon.

He makes me so happy ... :arf2:

aww, thank you Sienna:blush-anim-cl:

since we're on that subject, Rose you met me also :biggrin2: i'm the one whose friend took the pics of you and Mika at the afterparty

hehe, anyone else?

i'm also pretty sure i met you, Fanny. in Paris, you were sorry you didn't have more gigs planned after that one.

man, i'm getting better at this! give me like 5 years and maybe i'll stop mistaking people.. :naughty:

yes,of course:wink2:

and i met again my 2 polishes friends!

meeting you was so great,girl!!

i hope i could see you again for some gigs!!!:blush-anim-cl:

in Amsterdam i scared violetsky cause i started admiring my Mika@RAH t-shirt which, as i found out AFTER i came back home, was designed by a different violetsky.. she was so clueless why i kept repeating that i love my t-shirt so much..

:roftl: Sorry. I should have paid attention when I chose my nick. But when I signed up, I thought I'd just get a few downloads from the site and calmly dissapear in my corner again. .... :roftl:

My most memorable moment... hmmmm, there were lots and lots of amazing Mika-related experiences. Meeting some of you definitely belongs to my highlights. I'm quite amazed and a bit scared by myself, as travelling after popstars and meeting up with people I met on the internet are not exactly things I used to do before. :roftl:

However, to me personally the most special Mika gig I had the honour to attend will probably always be Frankfurt. It was a first and it was fantastic. Thinking about it still gives me goosebumps.

Um... that was in 2007. Does that count?

Sorry. I should have paid attention when I chose my nick. But when I signed up, I thought I'd just get a few downloads from the site and calmly dissapear in my corner again. .... :roftl:

My most memorable moment... hmmmm, there were lots and lots of amazing Mika-related experiences. Meeting some of you definitely belongs to my highlights. I'm quite amazed and a bit scared by myself, as travelling after popstars and meeting up with people I met on the internet are not exactly things I used to do before. :roftl:

However, to me personally the most special Mika gig I had the honour to attend will probably always be Frankfurt. It was a first and it was fantastic. Thinking about it still gives me goosebumps.

Finally meeting you in person after so many months definitely was one of my personal highlights...:wub2:. Although I must also admit that I had never in a million years imagined that I'd be part of a fanclub, posting on an internet forum, and travelling to meet people who I just had met online :roftl:.

And yes, I know what you say about the first gig. There is a certain feeling that you can only get on that first one, as it's the wonder and amazement that you feel when you finally see him in the flesh in front of you, on stage, doing his thing :mf_lustslow:. It just can't compare to anything else. It's a bit like the first kiss with someone new :das:

For me that moment was also 2007, at the ICA iTunes Festival.

Such a fantastic venue for a first gig, just around 200 people and meeting him afterwards; I was truly walking on air that night!!

This was the point of no return :roftl:.

:roftl: Sorry. I should have paid attention when I chose my nick. But when I signed up, I thought I'd just get a few downloads from the site and calmly dissapear in my corner again. ....

My most memorable moment... hmmmm, there were lots and lots of amazing Mika-related experiences. Meeting some of you definitely belongs to my highlights. I'm quite amazed and a bit scared by myself, as travelling after popstars and meeting up with people I met on the internet are not exactly things I used to do before.

Finally meeting you in person after so many months definitely was one of my personal highlights...:wub2:. Although I must also admit that I had never in a million years imagined that I'd be part of a fanclub, posting on an internet forum, and travelling to meet people who I just had met online .

And yes, I know what you say about the first gig. There is a certain feeling that you can only get on that first one, as it's the wonder and amazement that you feel when you finally see him in the flesh in front of you, on stage, doing his thing . It just can't compare to anything else. It's a bit like the first kiss with someone new

For me that moment was also 2007, at the ICA iTunes Festival.

Such a fantastic venue for a first gig, just around 200 people and meeting him afterwards; I was truly walking on air that night!!

This was the point of no return .

I really agree!:thumb_yello:

Meeting the both of you after has been talking to you for so long in the very special thread was a big experience!

My family was worried when I went to London for the December gigs, meeting people from the internet in a foreign city…:blink:

Little do they know!:roftl:

I will never forget the long breakfast in Amsterdam, the three tea bags one,:naughty: and the lovely conversation!

And walking back to the hotel after the show and the M&G…

Thank you, both of you, for being the lovely persons you are!:wub2:

since we're on that subject, Rose you met me also :biggrin2: i'm the one whose friend took the pics of you and Mika at the afterparty :wink2:

hehe, anyone else? :naughty:

I do remember, and am eternally to your friend for the pics she took, they are amazing!

My happy Mika memory of ’08? I really properly discovered Mika. And oooh boy, what a ride.. I have a whole new family !! yay MFC! :huglove:

Here's hoping 2009 is the year you get to see him live, it's an awesome experience, no matter how many times you see it.