Mika @ Doncaster Dome! did you meet him?

xxmika-maddo-joxx

heyya everyone i just wanted to know if anyone was lucky enough to meet mika after he played at doncaster dome 24/11/07

if you did please let me know! :wink2:

But anyway................getting back to the original query:roftl:

I really hope that you are lucky enough to get to meet Mika...............but at least you did get to see him at one of the ealier, smaller gigs............I don't suppose he will play many more sports halls............unless they are arenas!:shocked:

I hope you enjoy MFC.............where are you from?

I enjoyed Donny as I am originaly from York so I saw it as a 'local' gig:thumb_yello:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At Paris, out of 55,000 people,at the end there was about 50-70 people waiting and he saw everyone, so I don't see that the numbers are a big factor.

Moreso how he is feeling healthwise would be more the thing that would stop him seeing fans after.

At Plymouth it was about the the same number as Paris, after the show, but because he wasn't well, he just came out to say hello and jumped back in the van and went.

I never thought he would chat after Paris, but he did, which I think is a good sign for the future.

At Paris, out of 55,000 people,at the end there was about 50-70 people waiting and he saw everyone, so I don't see that the numbers are a big factor.

Moreso how he is feeling healthwise would be more the thing that would stop him seeing fans after.

At Plymouth it was about the the same number as Paris, after the show, but because he wasn't well, he just came out to say hello and jumped back in the van and went.

I never thought he would chat after Paris, but he did, which I think is a good sign for the future.

You're wrong Rose, I didn't see him, neither did Jemma. And a few others. The crowds put me off, among other things.

I've also been to other gigs with very few people there and when Mika was not ill, Shepherds Bush being a prime example. We waited for about an hour and a half, there were less than ten people there but he just went straight away. Sara was lucky that night.

Seeing Mika after a gig depends on many factors, and is not a given, no matter what anyone will tell you.

Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but that's been my experience.

Edited by babspanky

You're wrong Rose, I didn't see him, neither did Jemma. And a few others. The crowds put me off, among other things.

I've also been to other gigs with very few people there and when Mika was not ill, Shepherds Bush being a prime example. We waited for about an hour and a half, there were less than ten people there but he just went straight away. Sara was lucky that night.

Seeing Mika after a gig depends on many factors, and is not a given, no matter what anyone will tell you.

Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but that's been my experience.

I would agree that it is not an exact science and numbers don't always seem to have a lot to do with it. I think the biggest crowd that I have seen waiting was after Nimes.......it is difficult to estimate but I would guess that there was somewhere near to 200 people waiting and he did his very best to see everyone. However, in situations where there is a barrier.........like in Glasgow (Nov 07) or indeed, Nimes, he can only realisticly greet the front row or two. And, tbh, as far as MFCers go............rightly or wrongly, he does tend to spend time with the people he 'knows'.

Anyway...............back to Donny............it was one of those 'no photos' situations. I am never sure why that is, when the sercurity guys say 'no photos' because Mika himself doesn't usually mind..............so I usually chance my luck anyway. I will probably have my camera confiscated one day but have gotten away with it so far. I have about three I think but can only seem to find one at the moment............not sure what Andy was finding so interesting!

don3.jpg

Edited by kath

thats not so far! does anyone live in doncaster?

oww i really want to meet him, someday

I can't think of any regular posters on here that are from Doncaster.

Yes, I can understand how you feel...............and as others have said...........he is absolutly lovely:wub2: And it is so nice that he makes so much time for his fans:mf_lustslow:

I would agree that it is not an exact science and numbers don't always seem to have a lot to do with it. I think the biggest crowd that I have seen waiting was after Nimes.......it is difficult to estimate but I would guess that there was somewhere near to 200 people waiting and he did his very best to see everyone. However, in situations where there is a barrier.........like in Glasgow (Nov 07) or indeed, Nimes, he can only realisticly greet the front row or two. And, tbh, as far as MFCers go............rightly or wrongly, he does tend to spend time with the people he 'knows'.

Anyway...............back to Donny............it was one of those 'no photos' situations. I am never sure why that is, when the sercurity guys say 'no photos' because Mika himself doesn't usually mind..............so I usually chance my luck anyway. I will probably have my camera confiscated one day but have gotten away with it so far. I have about three I think but can only seem to find one at the moment............not sure what Andy was finding so interesting!

don3.jpg

He's probably fascinated by the brushing technique of the people sweeping the floor of the confetti!

LOL!

I'm from down South, in Wiltshire btw, mmj.

It wouldn't surprise me if he played at Doncasters football ground at some point, The Kaiser Chiefs did once.

He's probably fascinated by the brushing technique of the people sweeping the floor of the confetti!

LOL!

I'm from down South, in Wiltshire btw, mmj.

It wouldn't surprise me if he played at Doncasters football ground at some point, The Kaiser Chiefs did once.

MMM Good point............I hadn't thought about the sweepers:naughty:

Oh well....................Donny Footie ground...........wouldn't get inside queing there but t'would be ok otherwise:thumb_yello:

MMM Good point............I hadn't thought about the sweepers:naughty:

Oh well....................Donny Footie ground...........wouldn't get inside queing there but t'would be ok otherwise:thumb_yello:

Would definitely have to be a summer gig, weatherwise (ha ha, in this country, lol!) and soas not to interrupt the footie season

Awww donny *sigh*

As for the fan meeting ness, i've always said give it a few years and he'll be like any other artist, you'll only get to meet him at M&G's or if you wait outside the hotel/bump into him by accident...

He's suprised me by doing it so long, greets after gigs that is...

don3.jpg

very well said kath:thumb_yello:

that's a great pic! it's a good thing you didnt listen to the security guys about the photos:thumb_yello:

Awww donny *sigh*

As for the fan meeting ness, i've always said give it a few years and he'll be like any other artist, you'll only get to meet him at M&G's or if you wait outside the hotel/bump into him by accident...

Yes..................I am surprised but delighted!:thumb_yello:

very well said kath:thumb_yello:

that's a great pic! it's a good thing you didnt listen to the security guys about the photos:thumb_yello:

Well..................I don't like to overstep the mark.............and I certainly would not want to go against Mika's wishes............but sometimes they just seem to say it for the sake of saying it............in the same way as sometimes they tell you there is no point in waiting as he has already left (when he hasn't) or that he will exit from a different door............sometimes they are just a pain in the ass:shocked:

Yes..................I am surprised but delighted!:thumb_yello:

Well..................I don't like to overstep the mark.............and I certainly would not want to go against Mika's wishes............but sometimes they just seem to say it for the sake of saying it............in the same way as sometimes they tell you there is no point in waiting as he has already left (when he hasn't) or that he will exit from a different door............sometimes they are just a pain in the ass:shocked:

thats why i said that it's good that you didnt listen to them about the pics. i know that you wouldnt go against mika's wishes.

thats why i said that it's good that you didnt listen to them about the pics. i know that you wouldnt go against mika's wishes.

:naughty:No, I wouldn't..............I am a good fan really:roftl::naughty:

you're all so lucky! i am deffo meeting him at the next gig

I know we are lucky but honestly, don't get your hopes up. That way lies almost certain disappointment.

Sometimes there isn't a glimpse of him afterwards.

Nope, that was Bournemouth.

Donny was when I asked him if he would turn on the Christmas lights if any town asked him.

Because it was our Christmas theme night.

Really? Gosh the altzheimers is bad!

Would he?

I hope that you DO get to meet him, but to be honest it's getting very difficult to meet him at gigs now, as soo many people want to, and some get obnoxious and disrespectful (harrassing him or his entourage), so it's all gotten a bit complicated now....

It was a lot easier and more chilled in the beginning, and Doncaster wasn't particularly bad at all, it was quite 'easy' there. There weren't that many of us, and it was quite well organised so that M didn't get hassle.

But that was november 07 and things have changed A LOT since then :wink2:.

Sadly, this is true and there's no turning the clock back. Such a shame as he's such a nice person.

I suspect there was an element of getting him to know who we were before it became overwhelming. Or am I wrong?

Awww donny *sigh*

He is surprising on so many levels. As if he enjoys it. Bless.

I know we are lucky but honestly, don't get your hopes up. That way lies almost certain disappointment.

Sometimes there isn't a glimpse of him afterwards.

Really? Gosh the altzheimers is bad!

Would he?

Sadly, this is true and there's no turning the clock back. Such a shame as he's such a nice person.

I suspect there was an element of getting him to know who we were before it became overwhelming. Or am I wrong?

His answer was, no I'm not Jordan!

That would be lovely if its true, for him to be close to the early fanbase. It would be very special.

Its so much up in the air what happens with Mika .. my gut feel obviously is that hes going to be massive ..

Either way the days of him casually walking up a main street or 10 people at a backstage door are gone :blink: ssighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :gathering:

I think VIP passes or pre planned meet and greets will happen more and more , just walking out after every gig doesnt seem right anymore .. mmmm

Its so much up in the air what happens with Mika .. my gut feel obviously is that hes going to be massive ..

Either way the days of him casually walking up a main street or 10 people at a backstage door are gone :blink: ssighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :gathering:

I think VIP passes or pre planned meet and greets will happen more and more , just walking out after every gig doesnt seem right anymore .. mmmm

As much as he has always been happy to do it and I think in the early days it is pretty important to do it...............it just becomes impractical doesn't it. So time consuming when he must already be knackered.

I think all along, those of us that were lucky enough to be there in the early days knew that it wouldn't last forever, much as we would like it to. But Planned Meet and Greets and VIP passes would be acceptable too:naughty:

As much as he has always been happy to do it and I think in the early days it is pretty important to do it...............it just becomes impractical doesn't it. So time consuming when he must already be knackered.

I think all along, those of us that were lucky enough to be there in the early days knew that it wouldn't last forever, much as we would like it to. But Planned Meet and Greets and VIP passes would be acceptable too:naughty:

I read an interview quite recently .. interesting too .. someone asked Freddie Mercury why he didnt sign or meet anyone and he stated .. " Do you want an amazing show darling orrrrr a signing .. as I cant do both"

Kinda summed it up for me , bigger acts dont just wander around meeting and saying hello

Madrid for example .. John said 5 minutes ONLY , Mikas voice was shot to bits

I read an interview quite recently .. interesting too .. someone asked Freddie Mercury why he didnt sign or meet anyone and he stated .. " Do you want an amazing show darling orrrrr a signing .. as I cant do both"

Kinda summed it up for me , bigger acts dont just wander around meeting and saying hello

Quite. And the same goes for number of gigs........07 was insane:shocked:.

And, I think Mika finds it difficult to stick to his OWN guidelines..........look at Amsterdam.............we were told in no uncertain terms that Mika would walk around the room, greet people, but would NOT talk..............I think he lasted about two minutes................got to Wendi............started talking and never stopped:shocked:

I guess you're right the bigger he gets, the more difficult it'll be logistically it will be. I was thinking of the fanbase of last year at Paris. I suppose after the new album it wil increase and if he did a stadium gig, more people would wait in proportion to those who waited in Paris. So it would be more difficult to see everyone.

Ha ha, that's just reminded me of the convo me and Andy had about M&Gs, and me saying how JC did organised ones, where the fan club got to meet him before shows and he had little chats with them, and then at the afterparty, Andy said to me "isn't this better than what JC does?", and I had to conceed.

But maybe it's the way Mika will have to go (not before shows, obviously) eventually.

How ironic! LOL!!!