Mikafy your pc

ruxi

:wub2: so, maybe i'm left behind, i don't know if any of you guys made this before. if it's an old trick then sorry.

i got bored a few days ago and tried to find some pc-icons to replace the boring classy folder ones. Aaaaand i wanted some Mika-icons. Of course you can't find such a thing on the internet. So i thought why not make them myself? :arf2:

it couldn't be easier.

take one pic (headshots, or not really huge pictures work well) and resize it to 50x50 pixels.

then open the so-awesome Paint, go to Image->Attributes and select pixels then introduce 50-50.

paste the image. Then save as, and after you name your file, put the extension .ico (e.g.: lollipop.ico)

after that select the folder you want to change, right click, and on customize tab you'll see change icon. click and browse for your piccie :cool:

here's my work :bleh:

mikafy2-1.jpg

mikafy-1.jpg

Edited by ruxi

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow that's cool:punk::wink2: I've made Mika cursors before which is quite easy but i've never thought of doing that with my icons I think I'll give it a go:thumb_yello:

thanks very much for that Idea it is rather groovy :groovy::biggrin2:

:thumb_yello:

Mika cursors? how? :wub2:

:thumb_yello:

Mika cursors? how? :wub2:

I used a photo editing programme I had on my other laptop (I still have the disc somewhere & need to install it on this new laptop) can't remember what it's called the software? :blink:

anyhow I just opened a pic I wanted as a cursor resized it so it was very small then you go to save it & instead of saving it as a jpeg or bitmap etc.. you save it as a cursor

then you go to your control panel then click on mouse then pointers then click browse & search for your pic & that's it

I hope that's clear enough:blink: I can try & explain it better & take snapshots of the steps if you need me to:thumb_yello:

I used a photo editing programme I had on my other laptop (I still have the disc somewhere & need to install it on this new laptop) can't remember what it's called the software? :blink:

anyhow I just opened a pic I wanted as a cursor resized it so it was very small then you go to save it & instead of saving it as a jpeg or bitmap etc.. you save it as a cursor

then you go to your control panel then click on mouse then pointers then click browse & search for your pic & that's it

I hope that's clear enough:blink: I can try & explain it better & take snapshots of the steps if you need me to:thumb_yello:

that was pretty clear, but i don't know the extension for cursor file type :boxed: