Polarkreis 18

keti

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a Polarkreis 18 interview in our newspaper today!! :punk:

I'll scan it/translate it when I have time! :)

cool, thank you!

does anybody know/have/understand the lyrics of "Chiropody"? i love the song but i'm not sure if i got the lyrics right, LOL!

3068708189_54b5bc95ea.jpg

Waaaaahhh :mf_lustslow:

polarkreis 18!!! :mf_:

:woot_jump:

There's a Polarkreis 18 interview in our newspaper today!! :unk:

I'll scan it/translate it when I have time!

OMG OMG OMG!!! Really? I wanna see it :shocked::blush-anim-cl:

What a crap that people here in Serbia don't even know for them... :thumbdown:

cool, thank you!

does anybody know/have/understand the lyrics of "Chiropody"? i love the song but i'm not sure if i got the lyrics right, LOL!

I don't think I've ever heard that song!! I have to check it out! :thumb_yello:

But most of the time I don't understand what Felix sings...LOL!

I don't think I've ever heard that song!! I have to check it out! :thumb_yello:

But most of the time I don't understand what Felix sings...LOL!

yeah, he kind of...whispers or mumbles. :drinks_wine:

please check it out, i think it's a wonderful song!

yeah, he kind of...whispers or mumbles. :drinks_wine:

please check it out, i think it's a wonderful song!

Haha yes, he kind of whispers. But that's what I like the most about his singing :wub2:

I checked it out and it is a wonderful song indeed! :punk: but as I said I don't understand the lyrics...tried to find 'em though..

I was wondering if you would come here on the thread Iris, because I knew that you must have heard about them since you're from Austria! Thanks :blush-anim-cl:

Haha yes, he kind of whispers. But that's what I like the most about his singing :wub2:

I checked it out and it is a wonderful song indeed! :punk: but as I said I don't understand the lyrics...tried to find 'em though..

I was wondering if you would come here on the thread Iris, because I knew that you must have heard about them since you're from Austria! Thanks :blush-anim-cl:

oh yeah! i've heard of them in late 2008 and was fascinated by the power of "Allein allein". the video is also beautiful, very nice landscapes and the guys dressed in white. :thumb_yello:

I tried to translate the interview :wink2:

Being a popstar is tiring

Polarkreis 18 has superhit “Allein Allein”

30154453-1-polarkreis-18-quelle-michael-petersohn-universal.jpg

Allein, allein… if you hear this song is stuck in your head! The boys of Polarkreis 18 can’t believe the success. We talked to singer Felix Räuber and keyboard player Bernhard Wenzel. ‘Actually we prefer making songs at home, being a popstar is tiring!’

You sing “allein allein” but if we hear the song we hear a huge choir.

Felix: That’s true. 2000 people sing along with us. We recorded it last year on a gig to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the group. Actually the song didn’t exist, we only had the chorus. We told the audience that we would use it for our next single.

And the song became a huge success! Does nobody claim a part of the benefits?

Bernhard: No, fortunately not! (laughs) Sometimes people send us mails to say that they are proud that they sang in the song and that they are proud that they helped us to score such a great hit.

Felix: It’s unimaginable how easy everyone sings the chorus. And that while it isn’t a happy song, it’s about the fact that everyone feels a bit lonely from time to time, even in the big crowd.

Do you know ‘Scala’, a Belgian girlschoir?

Felix: With the Kolacny-brothers? Yes. We saw them once on a music festival in Berlin were we had to perform too. I think that Scala could make a very cool version of allein allein.

What does Polarkreis 18 mean?

Bernhard: It’s actually a word game, it doesn’t exist. The polar region is wide, deserted and powerful, words that express the atmosphere of our music.

So it’s not a way to protest against the global warming and the melting of the ice caps?

Felix: No, not really. Of course we are concerned about the environment, but we don’t use our music to spread around messages.

You already exist more than 10 years, was Polarkreis 18 a success from the beginning?

Felix: Absolutely not. We started the group when we were still at school. We took the music very serious and practiced every day after school. When we graduated, we asked ourselves whether we should look for a job, but we chose music. It was difficult to make ends meet. Three years later we had our recording contract and from that day everything went fast. Allein Allein was one of the greatest hits last year in Germany. Six week number one, more than a half year in the top ten and now the rest of Europe follows!

Great! In the footprints of Tokio Hotel

Felix: TH is really famous, but we don’t aim world fame. We’re not really interested in being pop stars. You need a lot of energy to maintain a career as teenage superstar. We are real musicians in heart and soul and we prefer staying at home to make new songs. We hope that Polarkreis 18 will mean more than that one hit. We know that it will be difficult to exceed the success of allein allein. But hopefully the people that like this song will come to one of our concerts. Our shows are a spectacle with a lot of light and pictures.

Interview by Jan Ruysbergh

11/03/2009

Edited by celien

you're welcome! I really wanted to share this interview!!:thumb_yello:

it's cool!

when i first saw their video i thought, Felix is a hot guy. but then i looked closer and, gosh, he reminds me of a boy i once knew. :boxed: - nevertheless, i really enjoy their music!

PS: you were at the Mika-concert at Westerpark? :wub2:

it's cool!

when i first saw their video i thought, Felix is a hot guy. but then i looked closer and, gosh, he reminds me of a boy i once knew. :boxed: - nevertheless, i really enjoy their music!

PS: you were at the Mika-concert at Westerpark? :wub2:

Felix is handsome! (especially when he wears white clothes :wub2:) & their music is great! (but Mika's still the most handsome guy for me :wub2:)

Yes, I was at Westerpark! :wub2: You too?

Felix is handsome! (especially when he wears white clothes :wub2:) & their music is great! (but Mika's still the most handsome guy for me :wub2:)

Yes, I was at Westerpark! :wub2: You too?

i like Felix' moves, especially in the "Allein allein"-vid when he lifts his hand and the opposite leg, i dunno how to explain, but looks unique! :thumb_yello:

yeah, nothing comes close to Mika...:wub2:

Westerpark was probably the coolest experience ever in my life!

i like Felix' moves, especially in the "Allein allein"-vid when he lifts his hand and the opposite leg, i dunno how to explain, but looks unique! :thumb_yello:

yeah, nothing comes close to Mika...:wu

Westerpark was probably the coolest experience ever in my life!

haha I think I know what move you mean :thumb_yello: Is it at 03:22 ?

Westerpark :wub2: My first and only Mikagig :wub2: I hope I can go to a Mikagig again this year!! (If he ever gives us tour dates :sneaky2:)

I remember I was so shy when I came there and all the people seemed to know each other from mfc, and I only recognised Agnieszka (because we were Mikamailpartners)...

the moment of the sound check I felt like I was dreaming... hearing Mika... realising that it was really HIM! And the concert itself was more than amazing! :wub2: Most beautiful night of my life :wub2:

haha I think I know what move you mean :thumb_yello: Is it at 03:22 ?

Westerpark :wub2: My first and only Mikagig :wub2: I hope I can go to a Mikagig again this year!! (If he ever gives us tour dates :sneaky2:)

I remember I was so shy when I came there and all the people seemed to know each other from mfc, and I only recognised Agnieszka (because we were Mikamailpartners)...

the moment of the sound check I felt like I was dreaming... hearing Mika... realising that it was really HIM! And the concert itself was more than amazing! :wub2: Most beautiful night of my life :wub2:

yes! awesome move, hehe.

and did you feel comfortable although you couldn't recognise a lot of MFCers?

it was so amazing...reading your post brings back memories :woot_jump:s!

yes! awesome move, hehe.

and did you feel comfortable although you couldn't recognise a lot of MFCers?

it was so amazing...reading your post brings back memories :woot_jump:s!

yes!! It's such a cool move :cool::punk:

as I said I'm a bit shy, I haven't talked to a lot of people (what I regret now :sad:) but I felt comfortable talking to agnieszka and some others. My sister was with me and she doesn't talk english so I talked to her too. But I talked a lot to the girl that was standing next to me before the support act began, but she wasn't an mfcer...

Next time I definitely want to meet more mfcers! :wub2:

yeah, it was a wonderful gig :wub2: Have you already been to more Mikagigs?

yes!! It's such a cool move :cool::punk:

as I said I'm a bit shy, I haven't talked to a lot of people (what I regret now :sad:) but I felt comfortable talking to agnieszka and some others. My sister was with me and she doesn't talk english so I talked to her too. But I talked a lot to the girl that was standing next to me before the support act began, but she wasn't an mfcer...

Next time I definitely want to meet more mfcers! :wub2:

yeah, it was a wonderful gig :wub2: Have you already been to more Mikagigs?

it was sooo amazing to meet MFCers, they were so wonderful!

i was at the Munich-gig in November 2007, it was freezing cold and we were drinking vodka outside. it was one of the best moments ever to see him for the very first time. :wub2: the way he suddenly appears in front of you, only a few meters away, is...indescribable :wub2:

it was sooo amazing to meet MFCers, they were so wonderful!

i was at the Munich-gig in November 2007, it was freezing cold and we were drinking vodka outside. it was one of the best moments ever to see him for the very first time. :wub2: the way he suddenly appears in front of you, only a few meters away, is...indescribable :wub2:

I so want to meet more mfcers!! :wub2:

wow, sounds great!

yeah, that very first moment :wub2: and it felt so unreal, I really couldn't believe it! I was looking forward to that gig for months! And a lot my friends sent me text messages on my mobile phone that day! It was heartwarming :wub2:

*sigh* *needs new mikagig*

and then the first moment after the gig you're like walking on clouds! (I actually dunno if you can use this expression in english :s)

*sigh*

I so want to meet more mfcers!! :wub2:

wow, sounds great!

yeah, that very first moment :wub2: and it felt so unreal, I really couldn't believe it! I was looking forward to that gig for months! And a lot my friends sent me text messages on my mobile phone that day! It was heartwarming :wub2:

*sigh* *needs new mikagig*

and then the first moment after the gig you're like walking on clouds! (I actually dunno if you can use this expression in english :s)

*sigh*

and you get to see how gorgeous he looks. not only on pictures or videos, but in reality! *melts*

and you get to see how gorgeous he looks. not only on pictures or videos, but in reality! *melts*

yes :wub2: You're talking the entire year of that man and than the moment you see him you're speechless :wub2:

and I haven't even met him yet...

MikaWesterpark.jpg?t=1236803848

Mxwesterpark.jpg?t=1236803773

*melts too*

aww, your time will come! :huglove:

to look into his eyes is worth all the queuing and waiting and money and whatsoever! :wub2:

I'm sure it is worth all this!! :wub2: It must be amazing to meet him :wub2: so, you have met him already? How was it? (sorry for all the questions :blush-anim-cl:, i'm so excited now)

I'm sure it is worth all this!! :wub2: It must be amazing to meet him :wub2: so, you have met him already? How was it? (sorry for all the questions :blush-anim-cl:, i'm so excited now)

oh well, at first i wasn't that happy and it was only like...two seconds of meeting him, but after all i am so glad i was able to be so close. :wub2::wub2::wub2: at least the colours of our clothes matched perfectly. :biggrin2:

his hands are so soft... *sighs*