Polarkreis 18

keti

Guys :woot_jump: I got the CD today!! :biggrin2:

IMG_4445.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

This is the 'cheaper' version of the CD, I will get the 'deluxe' one till the end of the week I guess..

Songs are brilliant, there is one instrumental song called "Untitled Picture", just piano and Felix's voice.. abslotuely amazing! And I love the song "Prisoner" now too. :punk:

How are you people? Can't stay much tonight I'm afraid.. :thumbdown:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to translate the interview :wink2:

Being a popstar is tiring

Polarkreis 18 has superhit “Allein Allein”

30154453-1-polarkreis-18-quelle-michael-petersohn-universal.jpg

Allein, allein… if you hear this song is stuck in your head! The boys of Polarkreis 18 can’t believe the success. We talked to singer Felix Räuber and keyboard player Bernhard Wenzel. ‘Actually we prefer making songs at home, being a popstar is tiring!’

You sing “allein allein” but if we hear the song we hear a huge choir.

Felix: That’s true. 2000 people sing along with us. We recorded it last year on a gig to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the group. Actually the song didn’t exist, we only had the chorus. We told the audience that we would use it for our next single.

And the song became a huge success! Does nobody claim a part of the benefits?

Bernhard: No, fortunately not! (laughs) Sometimes people send us mails to say that they are proud that they sang in the song and that they are proud that they helped us to score such a great hit.

Felix: It’s unimaginable how easy everyone sings the chorus. And that while it isn’t a happy song, it’s about the fact that everyone feels a bit lonely from time to time, even in the big crowd.

Do you know ‘Scala’, a Belgian girlschoir?

Felix: With the Kolacny-brothers? Yes. We saw them once on a music festival in Berlin were we had to perform too. I think that Scala could make a very cool version of allein allein.

What does Polarkreis 18 mean?

Bernhard: It’s actually a word game, it doesn’t exist. The polar region is wide, deserted and powerful, words that express the atmosphere of our music.

So it’s not a way to protest against the global warming and the melting of the ice caps?

Felix: No, not really. Of course we are concerned about the environment, but we don’t use our music to spread around messages.

You already exist more than 10 years, was Polarkreis 18 a success from the beginning?

Felix: Absolutely not. We started the group when we were still at school. We took the music very serious and practiced every day after school. When we graduated, we asked ourselves whether we should look for a job, but we chose music. It was difficult to make ends meet. Three years later we had our recording contract and from that day everything went fast. Allein Allein was one of the greatest hits last year in Germany. Six week number one, more than a half year in the top ten and now the rest of Europe follows!

Great! In the footprints of Tokio Hotel

Felix: TH is really famous, but we don’t aim world fame. We’re not really interested in being pop stars. You need a lot of energy to maintain a career as teenage superstar. We are real musicians in heart and soul and we prefer staying at home to make new songs. We hope that Polarkreis 18 will mean more than that one hit. We know that it will be difficult to exceed the success of allein allein. But hopefully the people that like this song will come to one of our concerts. Our shows are a spectacle with a lot of light and pictures.

Interview by Jan Ruysbergh

11/03/2009

Thanks!!! :shocked::punk::punk:

oh well, at first i wasn't that happy and it was only like...two seconds of meeting him, but after all i am so glad i was able to be so close. at least the colours of our clothes matched perfectly.

his hands are so soft... *sighs*

wow :wub2: I hope I'll meet him this year :wub2:

The colours of your clothes matched? :biggrin2:

I'm off to bed now, I'm still a bit ill and I'm tired.

It was really really nice talking to you and sharing memories of the westerparkgig! :huglove:

(although it was very off topic :bleh: )

Guys :woot_jump I got the CD today!!

This is the 'cheaper' version of the CD, I will get the 'deluxe' one till the end of the week I guess..

Songs are brilliant, there is one instrumental song called "Untitled Picture", just piano and Felix's voice.. abslotuely amazing! And I love the song "Prisoner" now too. :pun

How are you people? Can't stay much tonight I'm afraid.. :thumbdow

:woot_jump: so cool!!! I'm so happy for you!! Oh, I wanna have it too!

I'm fine, still a bit ill, but ok I'm off to bed in a couple of minutes

How are you?

Indeed it is...I love the album, it's very good :thumb_yello: will you buy it?

yes, and i will try to get their first album, too!

wow :wub2: I hope I'll meet him this year :wub2:

The colours of your clothes matched? :biggrin2:

It was really really nice talking to you and sharing memories of the westerparkgig! :huglove:

(although it was very off topic :bleh: )

yes, you're always welcome! have a nice night! :wub2:

wow :: I hope I'll meet him this year

The colours of your clothes matched?

It was really really nice talking to you and sharing memories of the westerparkgig! ::

(although it was very off topic

:woot_jump: so cool!!! I'm so happy for you!! Oh, I wanna have it too!

I'm fine, still a bit ill, but ok I'm off to bed in a couple of minutes

How are you?

:tears:

I want to meet Mika too! :crybaby:

But I will never see him on the concert...never ever :thumbdown:

Yay! Yes, it is so cool!

I'm great, got 5 from biology today, got my CD.. :D I'm just tired and need some sleep...

yes, and i will try to get their first album, too!

yes, you're always welcome! have a nice night! :wub2

Thank you!

*hopes to have a Mikadream*

:tears:

I want to meet Mika too! :crybaby:

But I will never see him on the concert...never ever :thumbdown:

Yay! Yes, it is so cool!

I'm great, got 5 from biology today, got my CD.. :D I'm just tired and need some sleep...

awww, say never never :huglove:

Congrats with your biology! :thumb_yello:

enjoy your CD!! Gotta go now...

Sweet Mikadreams!! :huglove:

awww, say never never :huglove:

Congrats with your biology! ::

enjoy your CD!! Gotta go now...

Sweet Mikadreams!! :huglove:

But I'm sure that I will never meet him... I just don't have enough luck with those things,never had never will :tears:

But thanks anyway :huglove:

Sweet dreams Celien!! :huglove:

i love "Chiropody", it's on the first album. :2:

I heard it today, it's really nice :thumb_yello: but my favourites are still "Dreamdancer", "Ursa Major" and "Under This Big Moon".. :wub2:

haha thats pretty cool:naughty:

I love their style! its all very artistic:wub2:

Hey Natalie! :biggrin2:

Yeah, I agree! That's why I love it, it's so original :wub2: but a bit provokative too if I may add :naughty:

G2g, ttyt :huglove:

Hey Natalie! :biggri n2:

Yeah, I agree! That's why I love it, it's so original :wu b2: but a bit provokative too if I may add :nau ghty:

G2g, ttyt :hugl ove:

Hey! :biggrin2:

yeah:naughty:

I know, thats what I love about them too! its very original:wub2:

and they aren't forgettable :D

bye:huglove: