The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

Naturally, :das: We're all linked by more than a bouffy haired popstar.

:huglove: How long have you had one? I only found out 2 years ago when I was hospitalised. I don't think they'd realised before then because it was faint, but I was really stressed when they heard it, and when stressed and anxious it's more noticable to me (and painful).

And, I didn't know you get milo over there. Do you like it hot, cold or straight from the tin? :naughty:

Me Three! Mine is benign, so they've told me, but I started with a new GP last year and forgot to tell her about mine and she was doing a full workup and got this peculiar look on her face when she was listening to my heart. I hastened to tell her "Oh, and I've got a benign heart murmur! It's OK!" Cue look of relief.

I haven't had it checked for years (and I just saw the doctor a few weeks ago and I keep forgetting to mention it to her - probably because it doesn't seem to effect my daily life). I was told it was mild when I was 16 years old. I get chest pains once in awhile, but I think its just my diaphragam (the muscle - not the contraceptive:naughty:)

I like my Milo hot (I've actually never tried it cold yet). It's found in the international aisle of the grocery store - but just like my murmur, I forget about having Milo too. It's been years!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and the teachers too I hope :licks_lips:

Nope.. none for the teachers :naughty:

though most of the teachers ended up with eggs from their students, so cute.

I've been awake since 7:30am :shocked:

Actually, I drifted back off for half an hour before finally getting up properly at 10. Anyway, this new 'decaf coffee / less sugar /cutback on milo' intake is helping alleviate the restless sleep I'd been having. Which would then make me fatigued all day and lack any energy to do anything. I think. That's how it seemed anyway. And I needed to do someting about my anxiety/heart murmur anyway. Have to cut down on stress and develop a proper routine.

There we go. A bunch of useless info about me. :naughty:

I'll be lurking today. It's raining outside through a dull grey sky, and it looks and smells absolutely beautiful! :wub2:

I am tempted to try the decaf moccona, if it does taste the same.

Rain is good, but it meant noisy wet day timetable, and lights flickering a few times ft kids screaming, and my clothes on the line soaked again. Should learn to take them off sooner

And I take it it was good?

I'm feeling like I accomplished nothing today.

I think I'll go and practice my ukulele now.

Yep, for the most part! For my normal subjects I got all A's and a B for religion. And then for the extensions I got a B for english and a C for maths! :biggrin2:

William Carlos Williams. I love his poem "The Red Wheelbarrow"

*cough*

So much depends

upon

a red wheel-

barrow

glazed with rain

water

beside the white

chickens

(though I don't know why)

:naughty: Yes, I talked about that one in my speech. Which went quite well.

And guess what! The teacher spoke to us after everyone had finished and said that :das:'s speech was the best. And everyone else thought this was really unfair because his was really unorganised. It was good but it certainly wasn't the best.

Damn you :das:

:naughty:

Yep, for the most part! For my normal subjects I got all A's and a B for religion. And then for the extensions I got a B for english and a C for maths! :biggrin2 :

:naughty: Yes, I talked about that one in my speech. Which went quite well.

And guess what! The teacher spoke to us after everyone had finished and said that :das:'s speech was the best. And everyone else thought this was really unfair because his was really unorganised. It was good but it certainly wasn't the best.

:roftl: CONGRATS. ! To you & your disorganised :das:

Hello All ! :bye:

Didn't sleep very well so I iz pretty tired now ... *hmph*

I'm really confused with the time zones now (clocks have gone forward here). You are all posting earlier than I expect).

Is it nighttime in Australia now?:blink:

Hi Silv ! It's 6:55pm ... this w/end we turn our clocks back an hour ... :wink2::thumb_yello:

Yep, for the most part! For my normal subjects I got all A's and a B for religion. And then for the extensions I got a B for english and a C for maths! :biggrin2:

Fantastic!

You can't damn :das:, it just looks dirty :naughty: What was his speech on?

Umm, a poet. I can't remember the name. I was too busy watching his hands which were shaking a lot, and thinking "Aww". :naughty:

"Aww, he should have prepared better, but I bet that bastard will still get the best mark in the class." :naughty:

I bring funny kitty videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzgfGhqQ4KQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXx4vXFESek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqj3UsyOh-M

Umm, a poet. I can't remember the name. I was too busy watching his hands which were shaking a lot, and thinking "Aww". :naughty:

"a poet" :rolls_eyes:

You are truly smitten. :naughty:

I saw Slumdog Milllionaire a month ago. Was good :thumb_yello:

I just finished watching Australia. I really liked it. Took a little to get into it to start with, but once NK's character gets on a real horse, I was hooked. Or hoofed. :roftl:

I just got back from the movies with my friends. We saw 'Slumdog Millionaire' which was brilliant! Beautifully done.

I saw Slumdog Milllionaire a month ago. Was good :thumb_yello:

I just finished watching Australia. I really liked it. Took a little to get into it to start with, but once NK's character gets on a real horse, I was hooked. Or hoofed. :roftl:

Hello All !! :bye:

I also saw Slumdog Millionaire ... about 3 weeks ago ... first time I'd been to the cinema in about 5 yrs !! :shocked: Good film ! :thumb_yello:

My fave lasting memory of it tho' is the wonderful song 'Jai Ho' !! :wub2:

BTW ... Lawrence Leung is hosting Rage tonight !! :groovy:

I just got back from the movies with my friends. We saw 'Slumdog Millionaire' which was brilliant! Beautifully done.

I loved slumdog millonaire, It was very well done

I just finished watching Australia. I really liked it. Took a little to get into it to start with, but once NK's character gets on a real horse, I was hooked. Or hoofed.

Australia had a super fast cinema to dvd release it feels.

Its a good movie, though its a bit long

Good Morning All!

:huglove::bye:

'Tis my second MFC anniversary today ! WooHoo!!

Congratulations :woot_jump:

And I am up at what is now 5:57 (woke up at about quarter to 6), even though my clocks say it is 6:57. Daylight savings has ended, and hopefully this will be the last time of waking in the dark

The scary thing is, I first woke up at 4:45), (5:45) on my clocks, before my alarms went off at 5 (6 on my clocks though), which means my body is getting used to this early morning crap and its practically the last the day. And I don't feel as tired this morning though I was in bed by 10:30