The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

I always write my essays from google/wikipedia and then go around findign references who's titles seem to match what I'm talking about :naughty:

I figure if I can find whatever their talking about in the readings for the subject (which put it oh so much more complicated) I'm good. Though, as a 3rd year I really should be adding more references to these things, but its philosophy, most come from the set readings.

Hey Bec!! How's the essay going??

GudT. 500 words/one paragraph off finishing, but its the paragraph I'm not quite sure how I'm going to write yet.

It asks if we can ever escape bad faith (which is a complicated form of lying to oneself), and I don't know whether to give Sartre's lame solution (only in terms of the past and reflections can we be authentic) and saying its lame despite not understanding it well (google will help with this) or to try to make up my own. I think I'll just go with the first option.

I gave up for today though, since that stuff can be tomorrows work

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Wendi !! :huglove::wink2:

Keeping yourself nahce I trust ??!! :naughty:

I saw you in the Oldlings too ... just thought I'd say Hi here ... been so busy & scarce from this thread lately ... :blush-anim-cl:

Happi :huglove:

This is the most exercise I am getting - running between threads :roftl::roftl:

Happi :huglove:

This is the most exercise I am getting - running between threads :roftlroftl:

Haha !! Me TOO !!! :blush-anim-cl::roftl::roftl:

The huge growth in the amount of members online here in the last few days ... aswell as mod logistics etc. has taken it's toll on this lil Oldling !! :boxed::roftl:

But it's been fun ! :wink2:

I don't know if you saw the link I posted in the Oldlings the other day re: that article from Newsweek about dropping 20 yrs. in age by 'thinking' 20 yrs. younger ??

Haha !! Me TOO !!! :blush-anim-cl::roftl::roftl:

The huge growth in the amount of members online here in the last few days ... aswell as mod logistics etc. has taken it's toll on this lil Oldling !! :boxed::roftl:

But it's been fun ! :wink2:

I don't know if you saw the link I posted in the Oldlings the other day re: that article from Newsweek about dropping 20 yrs. in age by 'thinking' 20 yrs. younger ??

No I didn't see it - but I feel 75 - so even dropping 20 years I will

still be older than my real age!!! :roftl:

No I didn't see it - but I feel 75 - so even dropping 20 years I will

still be older than my real age!!! :roftl:

:roftl: Haha!! I'm sure we can squeeze in another 10 yrs. ... :wink2:

As far as the Oldlings go I find it pretty apt, as I feel most of us are doing it anyway ... still, interesting article ... here 'tis ;

http://www.newsweek.com/id/193197?from=rss

P.S. Kelzy, if you read this ... don't go there, 11yrs. old is prob. pushing it ! :naughty:

:roftl: Haha!! I'm sure we can squeeze in another 10 yrs. ... :wink2:

As far as the Oldlings go I find it pretty apt, as I feel most of us are doing it anyway ... still, interesting article ... here 'tis ;

P.S. Kelzy, if you read this ... don't go there, 11yrs. old is prob. pushing it ! :naughty:

Wow - that was really interesting - I guess I have never really "felt"

my age - when health permits I still climb trees and have a shot on

the swings!! I draw the line at dressing like my girls though - they

would disown me immediately!!! :roftl::roftl:

would disown me immediately!!! :roftl::roftl:

Ha! Yeah, same for me ... tho' mine & my daughter's dress sense does coincide sometimes ... :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Trust me, I'm going with something slightly more dressy than my old school footy jumper..

Photoshoot? :das:

Tomorrow :naughty:

Today, you can have this, a gif from one of my videos from tonight, of Declan-guy doing one of his ridiculously flamboyant dance moves that I never noticed before tonight.

declandance2.gif

It asks if we can ever escape bad faith (which is a complicated form of lying to oneself), and I don't know whether to give Sartre's lame solution (only in terms of the past and reflections can we be authentic) and saying its lame despite not understanding it well (google will help with this) or to try to make up my own. I think I'll just go with the first option.

Oh my god, I am so glad animals don't think about themselves so much :lol3: Philosophy sounds like an awful subject. But if you say Sarte's solution is lame won't you have to give your own 'better' solution anyway?

Oh my god, I am so glad animals don't think about themselves so much :lol3: Philosophy sounds like an awful subject. But if you say Sarte's solution is lame won't you have to give your own 'better' solution anyway?

I do enjoy philosophy, just not writing about it.

And I don't have enough space, so I'll fob it off and say we can't escape bad faith but give little reasons for it

:roftl Haha!! I'm sure we can squeeze in another 10 yrs. ... :wink2

P.S. Kelzy, if you read this ... don't go there, 11yrs. old is prob. pushing it ! :naughty

:roftl:

Hey, that's pretty much how I think. I became an adult at 16 (left school, got a job, moved out of home). And haven't changed much since. (Except Mother Melzy and I share a house, no job atm, and I wet the bed :naughty: Just Kidding!!)

And I stopped taking my Crohns meds. Without Doctors advice who'd just say I'm crazy. But simply because I refuse to believe I have Crohns anymore. It's been tricky, but I am succeeding. Mind over matter.

would disown me immediately!!! :roftlroftl:

:roftl: But you would look so hawt in a lollipop girl outfit. :das:

Ha! Yeah, same for me ... tho' mine & my daughter's dress sense does coincide sometimes ... :blush-anim-clnaughty:

Lol! MM and I share our clothes all the time.

And I don't have enough space, so I'll fob it off and say we can't escape bad faith but give little reasons for it

Good idea Miss Becster

Guylaine?? Are you around?

If 11 is pushing it, I guess 5 would be too, huh? :naughty:

Tomorrow :naughty:

Today, you can have this, a gif from one of my videos from tonight, of Declan-guy doing one of his ridiculously flamboyant dance moves that I never noticed before tonight.

declandance2.gif

And thanks for the pretties...

Here's the dress..

IMG_1175.jpg

Edited by nico_collard

Mika is such a copycat! First he said that he joined Twitter so that he could follow Stephen Fry and now he's going on about Yo Gabba Gabba! That's my show! :naughty:

Has anybody else seen the new Harry Potter trailer? It's amazing! :wub2:

Missed it.. .i was going to watch it on the news yesterday, but I completely forgot...

And I stopped taking my Crohns meds. Without Doctors advice who'd just say I'm crazy. But simply because I refuse to believe I have Crohns anymore. It's been tricky, but I am succeeding. Mind over matter.

Good to hear! As long as there's no major problems...

The last few days have been kinda tiring and interesting.. my grandfather went into hospital yesterday to get stents in an artery (twas his b'day too... poor bugger)...

Okay :naughty:

Mika is such a copycat! First he said that he joined Twitter so that he could follow Stephen Fry and now he's going on about Yo Gabba Gabba! That's my show!

Has anybody else seen the new Harry Potter trailer? It's amazing!

Oi! What a bastard!

Oooh, no!

If 11 is pushing it, I guess 5 would be too, huh?

Nooo, surely not, but what about 0? :naughty:

Here's the dress..

IMG_1175.jpg

Ahh, nice! My mum has a dress almost identical (and that's not an insult, I share clothes with my mother too, and I have borrowed that dress from her before :naughty:)

Youtube worked first time for me! That's never happened before :shocked:

And it's in HD *fangirls HD*

(If you don't watch in HD I swear I will ... dislike you strongly)

Indeed!

This is the trailer - http://wbads-66.vo.llnwd.net/e1/wbmovies/halfbloodprince/trl4/Harry_Potter_4A_720.mov

It takes ages to load, but it's worth it! The Katie Bell/cursed necklace scene looks absolutely stunning (and very scary).

I'm ridiculously close to my download limit for the month so I had a look on youtube and i think this is the same one (is it? it has the katie bell scene?)

Looks AWESOME! :punk:Very excited now :mf_lustslow:

I'm ridiculously close to my download limit for the month so I had a look on youtube and i think this is the same one (is it? it has the katie bell scene?)

Looks AWESOME! :punk:Very excited now :mf_lustslow:

It must be because this is the first trailer to show that scene.

I know! Up until now I've been pleasantly looking forward to it, but now I'm thinking "give it to me! I need it!" It looks so great. :wub2: