The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But, either way, we will be included. We know it, we just can't see it yet. We just need to have some lead singer of The Grates. Patience :pinkbow:

I'd like some Patience :das: *cough* What? :fisch:

But does a petition with 20 signatures form actual aussies serve for much proof?

I found one friend who wants to find an animal-friendly house with me :biggrin2: But her criteria is that it's walking distance from uni, which is limiting. We found this one: http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=403941632&f=10&p=10&t=ren&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=30702732&s=wa&tm=1243325790 (possibly too far at 3.5km from uni)

This one: http://www.homehound.com.au/8+giddens+court+north+lake+wa+6163/9232631/ (possibly no grass in backyard, have to ask)

This one: http://www.myhome.com.au/rent/wa/perth-coastal-south/kardinya/house/p000hrmp/

And this one: http://www.myhome.com.au/rent/wa/perth-south-west-corridor/winthrop/house/p000v9eq/

The last one is closest to uni, nicest and cheapest (per room, assuming we can find 3 other people, which shouldn't be hard with such a nice house so close to uni and allowing pets), and it has a home open tomorrow afternoon. Only thing is that we don't actually know if it allows pets, but it doesn't say NOT - we will ring them tomorrow morning before the home open to ask :biggrin2:

Well someone wise once said smth that would be appropriate at a time like this, but s****ed if I know what it was. :teehee:

But, either way, we will be included. We know it, we just can't see it yet. We just need to have some lead singer of The Grates. Patience :pinkbow :

I'm in fine form. I don't know why, but I just keep thinking we'll get news soon :wink2:

YES ! A few wise ppl said a few wise things ... glad you are in fine form !! :cheerful_h4h:

I'm not really sad. :biggrin2 : :wub2:

I know that Mika will get here eventually and I'll be happy to see him when he does. We may all be 70 years old and in wheelchairs by then, but we can do it! :naughty:

Haha !! Great attitude !! :punk:

I'm not really sad. :biggrin2wub2:

I know that Mika will get here eventually and I'll be happy to see him when he does. We may all be 70 years old and in wheelchairs by then, but we can do it! :naughty

By then we'll all have dementia and it'll feel like 2009 anyway. :biggrin2:

I'd like some Patience :das: *cough* What? :fisch:

Pervert. :roftl:

But does a petition with 20 signatures form actual aussies serve for much proof?

In music industry terms it means sweet F.A..

For Mika it would just be a nice thing to know what he should already.

Let's face it, the petition was designed to keep our minds occupied. It would never have changed whether or not he tours here. But, now we're at meltdown point because the prize is so close yet so far away still. We can jump up and down like Brazilians and it won't make any difference.

I want him to get the petition, just because we've done it and it's special to us for that reason. He might love it or he might line his kitty litter tray (for his guests) with it. Who cares. We're giving him something important to us. And, if you think about it - much more important than other projects that have gone his way.

I found one friend who wants to find an animal-friendly house with me :biggrin2 But her criteria is that it's walking distance from uni, which is limiting. We found this one: http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=403941632&f=10&p=10&t=ren&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=30702732&s=wa&tm=1243325790 (possibly too far at 3.5km from uni)

This one: http://www.homehound.com.au/8+giddens+court+north+lake+wa+6163/9232631/ (possibly no grass in backyard, have to ask)

This one: http://www.myhome.com.au/rent/wa/perth-coastal-south/kardinya/house/p000hrmp/

And this one: http://www.myhome.com.au/rent/wa/perth-south-west-corridor/winthrop/house/p000v9eq/

The last one is closest to uni, nicest and cheapest (per room, assuming we can find 3 other people, which shouldn't be hard with such a nice house so close to uni and allowing pets), and it has a home open tomorrow afternoon. Only thing is that we don't actually know if it allows pets, but it doesn't say NOT - we will ring them tomorrow morning before the home open to ask :biggrin2

Chances are they'll say no to pets, since most do, but hopefully they say yes. I like the 3rd one. 2 storeys. :wub2: free exercise staircase.

Also love the random dude in the driveway. Classy. :roftl:

Oh, and the reason this friend wants to live in a house that allows pets is because she wants to adopt one of the blood donor greyhounds from uni, Ambrose will LOVE Sam - running is his favourite game :biggrin2 :

I hope you get what you want/need Bianca !! And yes, Wheeler will love to run with another !!! :thumb_yello:

Hiya Happi :huglove: Your farm is looking good :biggrin2:

Hi Wends ! :huglove:

Oh yes ... it's fun ... only I think I buggered up the sequence ... :blush-anim-cl: ... did you see that my daughter has just moved in & got crops going in 5 mins. ??!! :shocked:

See, I plowed & then bought a fence first ... pfft ... blew all my coins ... :aah:

nope. not wrong at all. You're completely within your rights as a fan to be sick of watching everyone else eat cake.

Ooooh good.

Cause I am sick of waiting. and watching everyone else get cake.

Mmmmmmmm... cake... :drool:

They are on tour and have a greatest hits coming out in June with 4 new songs.

Don't ask me how I know this..

I won't...

*gigglesnort*

Wedding Crashers is on and they were referring to captains and first mates...

Because the singer is hawt.

That she is... I want her hair...

So was I - had everything crossed for you

I just hope that when he announces his proper tour that

you will get quite a few gigs!!!

I damn well hope so.

I'm starting to lose faith though... I don't want to but I am...

I take solace in the fact that he does need to regain worldwide interest.

An excellent point...

I think I would've been pissed off if it had been in Europe...

Just sad for some of the sadness on MFC ... esp. here ...

Awwww HK... We'll get over it... :thumb_yello:

But, either way, we will be included. We know it, we just can't see it yet. We just need to have some lead singer of The Grates. Patience

*gigglesnort*

I'm more annoyed that Brian May and Roger Taylor seem to have parted ways with Paul Rodgers without even coming to Australia once! But I can forgive them for anything.

What? Why'd they do that?

In music industry terms it means sweet F.A..

For Mika it would just be a nice thing to know what he should already.

Let's face it, the petition was designed to keep our minds occupied. It would never have changed whether or not he tours here. But, now we're at meltdown point because the prize is so close yet so far away still. We can jump up and down like Brazilians and it won't make any difference.

I want him to get the petition, just because we've done it and it's special to us for that reason. He might love it or he might line his kitty litter tray (for his guests) with it. Who cares. We're giving him something important to us. And, if you think about it - much more important than other projects that have gone his way.

I didn't think it was ever going to make that much of a difference...

But I think it's a nice reminder that we're there...

I'd prefer he didn't line his kitty litter tray with it considering how much time has been spent on it :naughty:... and I think you've hit the nail on the head there...

Chances are they'll say no to pets, since most do, but hopefully they say yes. I like the 3rd one. 2 storeys. :wub2: free exercise staircase.

Also love the random dude in the driveway. Classy. :roftl:

I 'spose (about all the stuff I cut out :naughty:)

Yeah, I worry about the bottom two, because they are very nice houses, but I got about 4 phone calls this morning from real estates I emailed last night asking if their houses allowed pets and they all did, but they weren't walking distance from uni. And yes, random dude is a real selling point. The 4th one is two stories too :biggrin2:

Hi Wends !

Oh yes ... it's fun ... only I think I buggered up the sequence ... did you see that my daughter has just moved in & got crops going in 5 mins. ??!!

See, I plowed & then bought a fence first ... pfft ... blew all my coins ...

No idea what you are talking about, but this reminds me, I am sooo excited fro Sims 3. Want it so bad, it comes out next week, but I can't get it until after exams obviously :naughty:

I hope you get what you want/need Bianca !! And yes, Wheeler will love to run with another !!! :thumb_yello:

Hi Wends ! :huglove:

Oh yes ... it's fun ... only I think I buggered up the sequence ... :blush-anim-cl: ... did you see that my daughter has just moved in & got crops going in 5 mins. ??!! :shocked:

See, I plowed & then bought a fence first ... pfft ... blew all my coins ... :aah:

I have some crops ready soon - I can get you to harvest them if

you want - that will give you money to plow and buy seeds!!

I need to get Grace as my neighbour as well!! :thumb_yello:

I have some crops ready soon - I can get you to harvest them if

you want - that will give you money to plow and buy seeds!!

I need to get Grace as my neighbour as well!! :thumb_yello:

Oh! Yes please ! I'd love to work on your farm :biggrin2: ... my tomatoes are gonna take ages ... but my farm animals are happy gamboling free range without fences !! :wub2:

And yes, Gracie already said she'd love to meet Farmer Wendi ... :wink2:

So ... was it that I should have done it in sequence ?? Instead of buying a bit of fence first ?? :blink:

Sorry Aussies ... an FB app. :blush-anim-cl:

Ooooh good.

Cause I am sick of waiting. and watching everyone else get cake.

Mmmmmmmm... cake... :drool:

I am too. But, still this is all new Mika so I've reset my counter.

MMMmm Cake. *drools with you*

That she is... I want her hair...

I had her hair in the 90's :roftl:

I'm starting to lose faith though... I don't want to but I am...

*sings kates bush* Don't give up.

I think once he's finished announcing all the obvious places we'll get an announcement.

An excellent point...

I think I would've been pissed off if it had been in Europe...

I think you'd be in the majority.

Exactly. We just knew it had to be done. For us.

I'd prefer he didn't line his kitty litter tray with it considering how much time has been spent on it :naughty:... and I think you've hit the nail on the head there...

:naughty: But he has no spare bed and no pussyCAT so it'll never be soiled.

I 'spose (about all the stuff I cut out :naughty :)

Yeah, I worry about the bottom two, because they are very nice houses, but I got about 4 phone calls this morning from real estates I emailed last night asking if their houses allowed pets and they all did, but they weren't walking distance from uni. And yes, random dude is a real selling point. The 4th one is two stories too :biggrin2 :

Well that's good news.

Maybe random driveway dude comes with the house.

Hahaha! Don't mind us.

Owhhh, okay then. *scraps genius idea of doing extensive farm placement at your grandad's*

Bianca ... I meant to quote this earlier ... are you looking for a farm to work/study on ??

I know of 1 or 2 nice ppl around here who have farms ... :original:

Bianca ... I meant to quote this earlier ... are you looking for a farm to work/study on ??

I know of 1 or 2 nice ppl around here who have farms ... :original:

Extensive sheep or beef farms? If it's near you it probably doesn't fall under extensive :naughty: But I don't know, my geography of where you live if obviously quite bad :dunno:

Extensive sheep or beef farms? If it's near you it probably doesn't fall under extensive :naughty: But I don't know, my geography of where you live if obviously quite bad :dunno:

*cough* Yeah ... it is a bit bad ... *cough* :naughty:

Ever heard of BEGA cheese ??

Dairy country ... ???

NSW ??

Google it ... & get back to me ... :wink2::naughty:

*cough* Yeah ... it is a bit bad ... *cough* :naughty:

Ever heard of BEGA cheese ??

Dairy country ... ???

NSW ??

Google it ... & get back to me ... :wink2::naughty:

Ohhh, are they dairy farms? I'm already going to a dairy farm in Bussleton in July, I need a not-dairy farm :tears:

*google maps*

Oh I see how it is :das:

I hope those of you who’ve heard my Lily Allen cover enjoyed it on JJJ. I know some people think it’s a bit wrong and are in fact baffled by my fandom of Lily Allen but believe me, I’m a fan of a whole load of music that would baffle. It was fun in at Triple J with Robbie and the Doctor even if the Doctor was coming down with an unconfirmed case of Swine Flu. He tries to blame it on partying too hard at the Logies but I’m not buying it. Sorry I screwed up We’re A Mess....totally stuffed up the lyrics and accidentally topped it off by letting loose with a massive expletive just to make it really obvious. My professionalism knows no bounds. I’m not sure how or why I got the nickname cuddles from Marieke....I’m totally stumped. I must really be getting fat.

Awwww!!! I'm really quite excited about Bob Evans this weekend, despite the increasing need to study. Also, I'll be meeting my myspace bob evans friend :biggrin2: We just started talking when I asked her if she knew where to get tickets for the show from and :dunno:

Ohhh, are they dairy farms? I'm already going to a dairy farm in Bussleton in July, I need a not-dairy farm :tears:

*google maps*

Oh I see how it is :das:

:roftl: Pffft ... so what exact type of farm do you need ?? :dunno:

EDIT: I might haz contactz ... :das:

I know that Mika will get here eventually and I'll be happy to see him when he does. We may all be 70 years old and in wheelchairs by then, but we can do it! :naughty:

Like me then (ft. blue rinse) :roftl:

*sings kates bush* Don't give up. .

:sneaky2: Technically Peter Gabriel

:emot-sad:

But such a sad song :tears: Always makes me want to cry :crybaby:

Oh! Yes please ! I'd love to work on your farm :biggrin2: ... my tomatoes are gonna take ages ... but my farm animals are happy gamboling free range without fences !! :wub2:

And yes, Gracie already said she'd love to meet Farmer Wendi ... :wink2:

So ... was it that I should have done it in sequence ?? Instead of buying a bit of fence first ?? :blink:

You need to plough a few fields, then sew them - grapes are good and

fast - but if you ignore them they go to waste quite quickly. The

animals are ok roaming free - and your fruit trees do not go to waste

so you can leave them heavy with fruit until you want to harvest them!!

Go to the market place as well - you can get hired to work on other farms

and they get paid more for their crops - and you get paid for the work!! :thumb_yello:

Maybe I should hit Mika on the head with the petition? :mf_rosetinted:

I am too. But, still this is all new Mika so I've reset my counter.

I think once he's finished announcing all the obvious places we'll get an announcement.

I think you'd be in the majority.

But he has no spare bed and no pussyCAT so it'll never be soiled.

I haven't reset my counter... but that's cause I feel the need to whinge and say how unfair it is that we never get Mika and that those people who see him 50 million times should feel great about it... And I sincerely hope you see that I'm being sarcaastic... I'm past caring.

I hope so... okay, I will admit, there is a tiny little part of me that is hoping he will, but most of me is thinking there's no chance. *imagines angel and devil sitting on shoulders*

Oooooh goodie, I'm in the majority for once. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh well, in that case.... go for it Meeks!

Maybe I should hit Mika on the head with the petition? :mf_rosetinted:

I'll stop when you promise to tour *Australia :bonk:

* incl. surrounding countries

*jumps up and down*

I hope you video tape it for me!

Oh my gosh! The last two have called us back and both allow pets! They are the nicest AND closest! And the 4th one we are going to a viewing this afternoon and the 3rd one tomorrow afternoon! AND the third one comes with random driveway dude!

:roftl: Pffft ... so what exact type of farm do you need ?? :dunno:

EDIT: I might haz contactz ... :das:

I have to do a week each at intensive pig and poultry, although those can be driveup and down each day, so I might rather do them where I can still be with ambrose, I don't know. And I have to do two weeks at either an extensive sheep or beef farm, I don't know what the official definition of extensive is, but it means those ones that are out in the complete middle of nowhere where they are almost completely self sufficient and you have to live there and stuff.