The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

Hahah! So, is Mica the secret to keeping your skin firm and supple. das:

Well if it is, no one seems to have told him.. :teehee:

It might be what he was rubbing on his hands in the licm dvd. :dunno::teehee:

Well I dunno what DVD you were watching.. did the video store mix up the dvd cases again? :naughty:

:teehee: I must've been in the wrong section... again. :das:

............ :floor:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lmfao: TRUE !!! Maybe I should just change it to some 'random intense stare' ...

whineystare-1.gif

:naughty:

:lmfao: whiney whine whiney whine. :eek:

DC looked up what mica cream would be and:

"The word "mica" is thought to be derived from the Latin word micare, "glitteren", in reference to the brilliant appearance of this mineral. Thin layers of mineral which when fused together, create a translucent shade material which emits a warm glow."

:teehee: Mica ft. Twilight..

"The word "mica" is thought to be derived from the Latin word micare, "glitteren", in reference to the brilliant appearance of this mineral. Thin layers of mineral which when fused together, create a translucent shade material which emits a warm glow."

:roftl: 'Spray on the Glitteren' !! :roll1:

EDIT: I don't do Twilight ... :shun::naughty:

:roftl: 'Spray on the Glitteren' !! :roll1:

EDIT: I don't do Twilight ... :shun::naughty:

:lmao:

I'm Glitteren'd now. I just rubbed mica cream™ all over my hands :pinkbow:

Edit: You're understood. :naughty:

Hhhmmm ... well , I don't personally know of any pig & poultry around here ... but I could make a call or two re: cows(beef) ... also, as you would have seen in Google maps, we are not exactly in 'the middle of nowhere' ... but I do have connecshuns with a farm that is inland & self-sufficient (were that to be appropriate) , I haven't seen them for ages but, that may be a possibility.

Also ... how about Alpacas ???

There are two farms near me ... & you could always park 'Brosey here for a few weeks ...

Anyway ... let me know, at least I can make a few calls for you ...

Info. about ACTUAL required farm situations (ie. 'extensive' ) would be good first tho' ...

Alpacas is not okay, we can only do one "weird" farm, alpacas included in that definition, and I'm already going to Roo Gully :sad: I'll try and find out the definitionss. The school has a list of farms we can go to here in WA though, which is probably a lot easier, but maybe I'm just trying to justify a possible christmas party :naughty:

I worrrrrrsssshhhip you for everything you wrote in the yearbook

*is proud motherrrrghh*

You'd be a good editor too, btw.

Anyone care to provide a lazy person with a link to the yearbook download?

Don't worry, I really am thinking about it... I don't think I can afford it anyway.

I really want to go, and I could if I really wanted to, but basically one account would be completely empty just with the flight... then I'd have to spend the money I had aside for rego, and maybe $300 for work and stuff...

At least I can say that I tried... just happens to be beyond my means at this stage...

I wish I could stop crying...

Aww, Teegs! Ask Petra how many times I had a breakdown and decided not to go to Costa Rica. I know the feeling of being incredibly excited about something you were certain would happen and then letting your sensible side take over. But I also know the feeling of completely emptying all your bank accounts - it sucks! And you can't enjoy the trip as much when you are thinking about money the whole time anyway.

Don't worry, Mika will come here soon enough, and you will still get your dream overseas holiday someday, and it will be better planned/funded :cheerful_h4h:

And Bianca, this means I want the info from you by Sunday. I've got a page and a half left, so don't crap on too much about Perth, alright?

Okay :naughty: Don't worry, I didn't have an awful lot planned, what kind of layout is it? Do you just want text or text and pictures or what? I might do it right now if you're lucky.

I totally would do that were I not already dropping everything, spending a few thousand dollars and making a spontaneous decision to go to Europe this summer...

Oh, and I'm not 18.

I'm sorry Teegs I am also learning the dark side of spontaneous trips...like OKD said, I know the summer will be amazing but I didn't take enough things into account...like the fact that travel within Europe alone will cost me about $500 all in all, plus airfare, plus food, luxuries, etc, etc. I've been saving for half a year and it's made me soooo stressed. All for a month and a half.

That is exactly what it was like for me. I went to the presentation about the trip, came home and blathered about it on here and to everyone, you told me about walking trees, I went and paid the $450 non refundable deposit the next day. Then several months later I realised how much money it was REALLY going to cost, and then I spent the whole year sacrificing everything in my life to raise enough money for the trip. The trip was great and I don't regret it, but I won't ever be doing anything so expensive/out of my price range ever again. I learnt my lesson.

Today we went to the house viewing thingy for that white house with the random guy in the driveway. We forgot to actually write down the address so when we got there we were like "yeahhh, I think that's what it looked like", and then my friend Lin stood in the driveway for me to see if it was then properly recognisable :naughty: It was. It was a niiiiice house. In a super deluxe expensive neighbourhood. Proper 2 story house with all the bedrooms and a living room upstairs and furnished and nice backyard and about 10 metres from a bus stop that has buses passing every 10 minutes for a 2 minute ride to uni. But there were LOTS of people at the viewing, and we don't want to move in yet, and it will probably be taken very very soon :sad:

Oh, can you show me some of the example of other ones? Mine is going to be quite sarcastic simply because there isn't really any other way to describe Perth's attractions and exactly why one should come here :naughty:

It is good... I guess I got caught up in the excitement...

But at least I can say I tried. Though I feel the need to get on a plane just to beat Mika's management around the head with hte petition book because they decided the under 18s couldn't go :sneaky2:

Oh I'm so sorry Nico!:wub2:

I was really close to book a flight for the Toront gig last year but when I checked the prise for the trip and thought about how cold it was in Canada by the time I changed my mind the last minute and today I'm glad I did.

Just too much money and too much effort, but it's really easy to be tempted when you see all your friends making plans!

But when I think about it, how much it would cost you and all the time you would have to sit in an airplane for only a couple of hours gig I'm sure you made the right decision!:huglove:

Now we just wait and see when the boy is going to take his butt to your country, it's really high time!

It is good... I guess I got caught up in the excitement...

But at least I can say I tried. Though I feel the need to get on a plane just to beat Mika's management around the head with hte petition book because they decided the under 18s couldn't go :sneaky2:

Spend your money on London ! :biggrin2:

Ok , im sorry , i know im not helping :naughty: ... But if you ever decided on a trip , AKA London , we ALL would be there for you babe ! :thumb_yello:

Well if it is, no one seems to have told him.. :teehee:

Ooh - catty :mf_rosetinted:

Mica is the mineral that makes the glittery bits that you can see in polished granite. I'm sure I've got a bit of mica schist that I could photograph for you.

:mf_rosetinted: Except it's only me that gets excited by bits of rock, isn't it?

Edited by silver

Oh whew...

I'm sorry this is upsetting for you Teegs to call it off after you'd gotten excited about going, but I agree with Kelzy and I think you made the right decision.

IMO this is not the gig to blow your wad on. Really the only reason I'm even going is because it's cheap, Suzy and I are travelling together, Jack will be there and another friend of mine is likely meeting us in NYC because it's her birthday. I do not have visions of chats with Mika and from what I've heard about this venue I am not sure we can even get to front row. It's more about getting together with some friends in a place that's convenient for us.

I think people have gotten carried away by the fact that we've had such a seemingly endless dry spell and the way it ended so unexpectedly with this crazy fantasy gig. But LA was a one-off and I think the tour is going to be different in many respects.

I think you'll find that an Australian gig is going to be a lot more special and if you want to go overseas plan it in advance so that you can make the most of your trip. Mika is an unpredictable variable in these situations and you never know which way it's going to go. I have had crazy fantasy gigs but I've also had cancellations after an 8 hour flight and a couple of grand spent.

Try not to be too sad now because whether it happens in a few weeks or a few months I don't think you'll be regretting your decision when you're at your next gig.

It's all good now... I think I've made the right decision... Was pretty sad about it yesterday, but I'm okay now...

I'm still trying to get rid of my ticket... Holly keeps saying yes, then changing her mind... there's a new guy who wants it, but I want to check with Holly first.

Yes. You do.

But if you need a clue you told Mika to get to Australia.

Hey, Teegs. If you really want to go overseas for a concert (holiday) - let's go see U2 instead. Think about all that Adam you can perve on. Better to travel and see a band that really is unlikely to come back here, like Hanson.

You've made the right choice. Don't be upset. And don't be angry either. It'll all work out alright.

And, I hope you get here too one day.

LOL!! He was going to make it hard for you so you wouldn't do it.. Awww *sighs* Tough love.

Absolutely. I think Teegs has semi-acted out the impulse we've all felt so many times in the last 18 months. We're all just raring to go. :naughty:

Mmmmmmm... U2... perving on Adam... even better :das:... throwing myself at Adam... better still :naughty:

I think you're right... Hanson's very unlikely to come back, though admittedly they came back in 2004 for promo for Underneath, then in 2005 for their acoustic tour :teehee:...

I'm sorry Teegs :no: I am also learning the dark side of spontaneous trips...like OKD said, I know the summer will be amazing but I didn't take enough things into account...like the fact that travel within Europe alone will cost me about $500 all in all, plus airfare, plus food, luxuries, etc, etc. I've been saving for half a year and it's made me soooo stressed. All for a month and a half.

I know exactly what that's like...

But I'll save up more money to stalk U2...

Teegs... I too got all excited for you in the moment ... but I woke up today feeling all concerned for you ...

I agree with Kelz, OKD, Christine etc. .... although we don't know when, Mika will surely return to Oz !

I was actually more excited for you having your first trip overseas (not a Mika gig as such )

There is plenty of time for that tho' & now you are a few grand richer !!

I didn't even have to wake up feeling concerned... I went to bed feeling concerned... I couldn't sleep for ages...

I went to Priceline tonight to update my hairdyes and moisturisers. I decided on OLAY Definity. I checked out the ingredients while at the checkout..

Look what I'll be putting on my face

ingredients.jpg

Every fangurls dream

:lmfao:

I don't think I want Mica on my face...

*rubs mica cream™ on your nose*

*has interesting image of mica cream*

Mica ft. Twilight..

Ooooooh... shiny!

'Spray on the Glitteren' !!

EDIT: I don't do Twilight ...

*sprays on the glitter*

Okay. Don't worry, I didn't have an awful lot planned, what kind of layout is it? Do you just want text or text and pictures or what? I might do it right now if you're lucky.

If you can put text and pictures separate that will be fine cause I'm handwriting it.

Oh, can you show me some of the example of other ones? Mine is going to be quite sarcastic simply because there isn't really any other way to describe Perth's attractions and exactly why one should come here

Check the kiwi thread...

Surely you know of some good gig places for Meeks.

And maybe you know of something interesting for him to look at...

Actually, I've written a few paragraphs, are you proud? It needs a lot fo editing though, lol.

Good to hear... and I can edit...

Oh I'm so sorry Nico!

I was really close to book a flight for the Toront gig last year but when I checked the prise for the trip and thought about how cold it was in Canada by the time I changed my mind the last minute and today I'm glad I did.

Just too much money and too much effort, but it's really easy to be tempted when you see all your friends making plans!

But when I think about it, how much it would cost you and all the time you would have to sit in an airplane for only a couple of hours gig I'm sure you made the right decision!

Now we just wait and see when the boy is going to take his butt to your country, it's really high time!

I certainly made the right decision...

And I hope he comes back soon...

Spend your money on London !

Ok , im sorry , i know im not helping... But if you ever decided on a trip , AKA London , we ALL would be there for you babe !

Was thinking about it.. London's more expensive than New York though...

Not helping at all... And I know you would... I'd come and visit you, I also have an old friend in Sunderland that I can visit which is cool...

Teegs

Tough decision but the right one, I think.

I will still hit Mika with the petition, if you want me to.

Oh, sure... go for it!

Just throw it on stage - have you got a good arm and aim?

*gigglesnort*

I hope that gets videoed...

Weekend! :groovy:

I'm so tired.. *goes to lie down, pretending that she doesn't intend to have a nap*

:sneaky2: Alright for some, I've still got to get through Friday

Friday was good for me...

After doing a bit of tidying, I sat down and watched Star Trek: Voyager...

I'm watching Kate Mulgrew's hairdos change every episode. :naughty: (she had 9 hairdos in season 1...)

I have the opposite problem. Since uni is wrapping up for the semester, all I have to do is assignments for it ... its the weekend I have to get through though, since I have work and have to get up early.

This week vanished and I don't know what I did with all the time though