The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

Aww, okay :biggrin2: Psht! Poor :das: will feel left out :tears:

Oh my gosh, as it been a year since that time when SD dissapeared and then came back? What the crap, where did my life go? :naughty:

:naughty: I'm sure he'll be fine.

Now that I think about it, it was quite rude of me to just leave like that. I didn't say a temporary goodbye. But it wasn't all my fault. The MFC stopped working for like 2 months for me and I soon got sick of checking. :naughty:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty: I'm sure he'll be fine.

Now that I think about it, it was quite rude of me to just leave like that. I didn't say a temporary goodbye. But it wasn't all my fault. The MFC stopped working for like 2 months for me and I soon got sick of checking. :naughty:

Yeah that was so frucking rude, I have no idea why we ever forgave you. :naughty: I think it just went "Hey, I don't think I've seen SD in a while - have you seen SD? Where the heck is SD? HK, go and tell SD to get her butt back here" :naughty:

Hey, have we done anything for the guide to the mfc book thing? I would like to work on it after exams, when is it due? I kind of want to have a productive holidays. 7 weeks is so long, and I hate looking back on it and seeing I didn't accomplish anything :naughty:

I just found a youtube of Steve Poltz's rendition of You Were Meant For Me on youtube and you HAVE to watch it. Of course, would be greater if you read my review, but whatever, I will give you the basic run down -

He was the support for Bob Evans. Didn't have a clue who he was. He was some old american guy with a guitar. We were sitting on the floor like a metre from him, just listening and thinking he was pretty good and very funny, and very friendly. He tolds lots of stories. He told one massive story revolving around this song. A massive story before he started, and then another two massive stories in the middle of the bridge of the song. And it was a ridiculous story, an unbelieveable story, we were laughing our arses off at how ridiclous it was. And then to top it off, he claimed to have written the song he was singing, which was a FAMOUS song, and we had never heard of him. Not possible, but a great and entertaining story. But then he told us to look it up on his myspace. Which I did. And it's true :naughty:

Anyway, three parts:

part 2:

part 3:

He's going back around Australia on his own headline tour now, just started - go and see him! I would if I wasn't working at that vet then :mad3:

(This video is quite old, he's older than that now :naughty:)

He's sooooo nice :pinkbow:

P1030861.jpg

P1030869.jpg

I also did record a short video of him for you guys especially. Only thing is it's only the very end of the song and I hate when people upload only little bits of songs to youtube, I might put it somewhere else. I don't know. But it was a song he wrote that day (and was singing off a peice of paper) about coming to Australia/Fremantle to play with Bob Evans and it was about everything he'd learnt since coming to Australia :naughty:

Ha ha ha, I'm a genius. I got the lyrics to that song by screen shotting my video and then flipping it. Because he wrote with permanent marker and it went through the page.

Except that bastard pulled one over on me and obviously did learn most of the lyrics off by heart because he's only written like the first line of each verse, which you can tell from the bit I do have video of, and he says a lot more than what's written there :sneaky2:

steve2.jpg

steve1.jpg

Well, while I'm at it, you'll like this too, pure class:

P1030773.jpgP1030774.jpg

And well, while I'm at it ...

This is from Bob's epic acoustic-guitar-solo in Pasha Bulker:

P1030851.jpg

P1030846.jpg

And this picture sums up how sweet Cuddles, I mean Bob, is:

P1030812.jpg

And this is during encore of Afternoon Delight:

P1030858.jpg

This is when he said he needed some inspiration for his song and he got this girl to come on stage, and gave her flowers and wine and sung a song about her:

P1030821.jpg

Edited by Oakie Doke

And this is just a random photo I like:

P1030810.jpg

And this is the kind of awesome instruments he has his band playing:

P1030836.jpg

And of course:

P1030867.jpg

P1030871.jpg

and this is another song by Steve Poltz, it's hilarious. He told us Rob Schiender told him to write it though. I have some excellent photos of his face in this song

Also, here are my videos:

Bob Evans at Fly By Night Club on Friday:

Bob Evans at instore on Saturday:

(so good, watch it!)

Little Birdy at Capitol on Saturday:

(the rest are still uploading)

God, I love my new camera so much :fangurl:

Edited by Oakie Doke
P.S. Little Birdy's guitarist looks exactly like Colin Firth. He's on the left (from our angle).

I was like "what the heck Mikaversary are you on abo-ooooh, Sydney, wtf, how has it been two years?"

Is "It's been two years since Mika dragged his butt down here" really a cause for celebration? :naughty:

Look at this!

hi bi Between You and Nicole Sia

Nicole Sia

Today at 11:55

There will be an opening for a live in position at applecross vet next semester. Thought you might be interested :) let me know asap so i can secure the place for you ;) btw i dont hav eyour phone number mines is 04--------

ta

happy studying!

:groovy::fangurl:

Hello all. I'm trying to resist the temptation to have a go to bed and have a na-zzzzzzzzz.

And this is the kind of awesome instruments he has his band playing:

P1030836.jpg

Oakie Doke, you are insane. But I do like the look of that instrument!

My older brother is going to see Bob Evans live on the 13th of June (I think).

Hello all. I'm trying to resist the temptation to have a go to bed and have a na-zzzzzzzzz.

Oakie Doke, you are insane. But I do like the look of that instrument!

My older brother is going to see Bob Evans live on the 13th of June (I think).

I'm quite annoyed at myself, I set my alarm for 10.30 and I just turned it off and didn't wake up until 2. I have 38 lectures to read/memorise by the end of tomorrow + another class that I should study for too seeing as I'm going to be working all weekend. Are you exams all finished now?

I love it, AND someone in Little Birdy was playing one too! Exactly the same!

Oooh, he's lucky, that's awesome! :biggrin2:

Yeah, it is for the people who went. It was the first time Mikamites met.

Good point, congratulations guys! :yay:

I got more blood taken today for my Q fever testing. Jeez Louise, make up your mind already doctors.

I'm quite annoyed at myself, I set my alarm for 10.30 and I just turned it off and didn't wake up until 2. I have 38 lectures to read/memorise by the end of tomorrow + another class that I should study for too seeing as I'm going to be working all weekend. Are you exams all finished now?

They are. :biggrin2:

OG! We totally missed it.. :blink:

HAPPY BELATED MIKAVERSARY!!!!!!!!!! :woot_jump:

:shocked: We did too !!! :shocked:

HAPPY MIKAVERSARY !!!

I miss Liz .... :tears:

Hello all ... not posting much atm ... but I am around ... hope yooz are well & happy ...:wub2:

Hello All ! :huglove::bye:

GREAT NEWS ABOUT MARTIN !!! He is a really good guitar player !!! :biggrin2:

Good luck with your post count Rosie ! :thumb_yello:

Mods are gonna be down a few hands during this gig period ... so if you guys happen to notice smth. really dodgy posted that I may have missed ... :boxed: ... please feel free to PM me ... :wub2::wink2:

Realy great news! It wouldn't be a gig without Martin IMO...

Will do :thumb_yello:...

About the 12 song thing - (okay, not really, but anyway) - I've always been confused by Mika's definition of acoustic, what IS his definition of acoustic, does anyone care to explain? I always thought acoustic meant with only acoustic guitars or a piano, rather than electric guitars/drums/bass, but Mika's acoustic gigs have all of those :dunno:

As in Coco, my sheep? :naughty:

Awwwwwww!

It's kind of odd... I always classed acoustic as an acoustic guitar, maybe a piano and stuff like tambourines...

Nooooo... besides, Mum named her and she doesn't know about your Coco...

Hey, have we done anything for the guide to the mfc book thing? I would like to work on it after exams, when is it due? I kind of want to have a productive holidays. 7 weeks is so long, and I hate looking back on it and seeing I didn't accomplish anything :naughty:

What guide to the MFC? :dunno:

And for the shiny under garment lovers - Katie from Little Birdy had a black sequinned bra. I'm not sure if we were supposed to see that, but we were directly in front of her and she kept leaning over :naughty:

Oooooh.. shiny! :naughty:

OG! We totally missed it.. :blink:

HAPPY BELATED MIKAVERSARY!!!!!!!!!! :woot_jump:

Happy belated Mikaversary to you too! And to Liz, Bec and HK...

Happy Belated Mikaversary to everyone who was there!! :huglove:

Thanks Melz...

I was like "what the heck Mikaversary are you on abo-ooooh, Sydney, wtf, how has it been two years?"

Is "It's been two years since Mika dragged his butt down here" really a cause for celebration? :naughty:

Not so much about Meeks... more about meeting people...

:rolls_eyes: Yeah, it is for the people who went. It was the first time Mikamites met.

That's right...

I can't believe we missed the Mikaversary :shocked: Oh well

Teegs you'll be reassured to know that Mika got given the yearbook at his last gig

I remembered all yesterday... and I was sitting in TAFE at 6pm thinking "this time two years ago we were pretty happy cause we'd just met Mika"... and at 1am when I went to turn off the alarm at the clubhouse I was thinking "This time two years ago we were eating diet coke and gummy pizzas and lookign at Mika pics"... and I was looking at my pics on my wall thinking about the gig...

Nope... not obsessed at all :fisch:

So I see!

Yayness for the petition peops!

:shocked: We did too !!! :shocked:

HAPPY MIKAVERSARY !!!

I miss Liz .... :tears:

Hello all ... not posting much atm ... but I am around ... hope yooz are well & happy ...:wub2:

Right back at you HK!

I do too... but I get to see her at the Twi Tour in October... we're going Platinum baby! We get a cocktail party, sitting at the front of the con and breakfast with the stars... i just wish Billy was going... cause he's awesome...

Thanks Teegs ! :wub2:

Can't MQ atm .. big love right back at ya' !! :huglove:

Awwww...

I iz feeling the loves...

Caz just told me what her and Freds are planning on doing when they give over the petition... sounds pretty awesome... :fangurl:

I'm seriously fangirling Freds and Caz right now...

Nooooo... besides, Mum named her and she doesn't know about your Coco...

Psht!

What guide to the MFC?

Birthday present thingy :dunno:

I do too... but I get to see her at the Twi Tour in October... we're going Platinum baby! We get a cocktail party, sitting at the front of the con and breakfast with the stars... i just wish Billy was going... cause he's awesome...

Who will be there?

Caz just told me what her and Freds are planning on doing when they give over the petition... sounds pretty awesome...

And what's that????? WHY ARE YOU NOT TELLING US WHAT THAT IS? *ahem*

They are. :biggrin2:

Well aren't you a lucky ducky :sneaky2::naughty:

I just read the cutest cutest thing ever. For ways to make a ewe foster another lamb - "dress in garment previously worn by own lamb" awwwwwwww! :pinkbow:(and then the next suggestion: "cover with skin of dead lamb") :fisch:

Birthday present thingy

Who will be there?

And what's that????? WHY ARE YOU NOT TELLING US WHAT THAT IS? *ahem*

Well aren't you a lucky ducky :sneaky2::naughty:

I just read the cutest cutest thing ever. For ways to make a ewe foster another lamb - "dress in garment previously worn by own lamb" awwwwwwww! :pinkbow:(and then the next suggestion: "cover with skin of dead lamb") :fisch:

I don't know anything about that...

Ummmmm... Peter Fascinelli, the guy who's playing Sam and the girl playing Emily...

I want Billy Burke... cause Charlie rules! :fisch:And I heard from one of the people involved in the cons and such that Billy was coming...

Okay then... they're going to get Mika some fosters, a blow up kangaroo and some Aussie foods and such.. As caz said, they're going to bring Oz to Meeks...

:lmfao: @ wearing article previously worn by lamb.. I tried to get a ewe to follow her half dead baby over to an orphaned one... :blink: