The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the gig be on telly anyway? I knew it was filmed for tv but I didnt realise it would actually be ON TV then. :doh: That finally came up my mind yesterday night :naughty:.

:shocked: It's already been on (ITV2). I think they were only showing the first three songs anyway. It might get repeated, I suppose, or maybe they will show the whole gig at a later date.

:shocked: It's already been on (ITV2). I think they were only showing the first three songs anyway. It might get repeated, I suppose, or maybe they will show the whole gig at a later date.

Oh. :blink:

:lmfao:, ok :naughty:. I hope it'll turn up as a link somewhere :fisch: somewhen.

And Teegs ... nice to see you in here. Did I read in the other thread that you'll be allowed to go home to stay sometime soon? :woot_jump:

Yep... hopefully later this week..

hey everyone .. i'm back from the dead .. tonsilitis is pretty much over with ... the doctor told me it was bad so im just happy the antibiotics kicked in and did its thing ... not much happening here ... tried ringing JB hifi on friday and they told me i couldnt order the new mika cd so im doing it online on wednesday yay :thumb_yello::naughty: hope u all had a great weekend

Good to hear you're getting better... I can never use the excuse of having tonsilitis cause I don't have tonsils...

And that sucks about the CD... I'll prob have to preorder it online too...

HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! :lmfao:!! How cool is that man?!? :roftl:

Easy :pinkbow:

JFK said "Ich bin ein Berliner" which equals the English "I am a Berliner."

JFK didn't make a grammatical mistake in THAT sentence - I'm not sure about the rest he said on that day though :naughty:. It's actually just a pun because a "Berliner" is not only a citizen of Berlin but also a tasty, jam-filled donut-kind of pastry :wub2:

berliner.jpg

So a Berliner is something nice to eat or , well, a Berliner :dunno:. We don't REALLY have donuts here; people usually eat Berliners (usually between November & February during the carnival-time). The last Thursday in the carnival-time is also called "Fat-Thursday" (:dunno:) because on that day people traditionally eat Berliners and donuts and everything else that was baked in oil (like Muzen for instance :wub2:muzen__quarkbaellchen.jpg). Uhm, yes, that's it basically. So Bono was just refering to the play with German language which you can do with JFK's speech.

It's the same with people living in Hamburg :dunno:. One way it's a yummy Hamburger, the other way it's a person living in Hamburg.

Ahhhhh.... Well that makes sense.. cause Bono said Ich bin ein Berliner then crapped on about people taking it the wrong way... I obviously took what he said the wrong way...

For us, that's a donut... When I get out of here I'll go to Donut King and buy a donut like that...

Thank you Petra for that interesting lesson on language and donuts!

Teegs! 11,000 posts - congrats :yay:

CONGRATS. TEEGS for 11,000 POSTS !!! :kachinga::flowers2:

Thank you ladies!

We've been debating whether he was sans underwear as well :blush-anim-cl:

My vote was that he was doing a Teegs and going without underwear... :shun:

Besides, it looks like he wasn't...

Oh, and I forgot...

Aussies, there is an "Exclusive with Mika" (or smth) on Sunrise tomorrow.

Not sure what time...

They actually played Mika singing Grace Kelly on Sunrise when they advertised it, so I got a little bit excited :blush-anim-cl:...

And have you seen the uncensored version of the WAG video? :shocked::blush-anim-cl::das:

Edited by nico_collard

Oh, and I forgot...

Not sure what time...

They actually played Mika singing Grace Kelly on Sunrise when they advertised it, so I got a little bit excited :blush-anim-cl:...

And have you seen the uncensored version of the WAG video? :shocked::blush-anim-cl::das:

YAY ... Gonna have to watch sunrise tomorrow :wub2::groupwave:

Havent seen the uncensored version of the WAG video ... is it on YouTube ??

YAY ... Gonna have to watch sunrise tomorrow :wub2::groupwave:

Havent seen the uncensored version of the WAG video ... is it on YouTube ??

Dunno if it's on there yet, but there's a thread on here with links. Unless you go to Jonas Ackerlund's webpage, you will need to download it...

OMG how exciting!!! Mika on sunrise............so bummed im at work tomorrow.........gunna have to tape it! Just hoping the tape player works, unlike last time i was trying to tape a michael jackson special and it fudged up on me!!! Arghhh

But it sooooo HAS to be about him touring! It just HAS to!!! :mf_lustslow:

Fingers crossed eh :)

Sounds like you did pretty well... I have no idea about horse stuff, so I'll just nod and smile...

Oooooh... force quit... sounds like something a jedi would use! :naughty:

I was going to load either Ubuntu or Mandriva onto my old laptop so I could experiment, I think I might use Ubuntu...

Well done EJ :thumb_yello: Just typical of a horse to decide not to jump something because it was too small. Your dressage scores seem good, what sort of movements do you have to do?

Aw, thanks guys. =] I was only doing preliminary dressage, so the movements weren't too complex. Just trot and canter circles, the occasional extension of the trot, both free and medium walks, and this really cool movement in which you trot a 20m circle whilst allowing the horse to take the reins from the hands and stretch downwards. Bonza's pretty good at that one. =]

Oh, and I forgot...

Not sure what time...

Ah, why do I have to catch a bus at 7:30am! lol

I can't find a link to the uncensored video :crybaby::sad::annoyed_h4h:

What's so uncensored about it? Is he naked? Or wearing a golden thong? Or not alone in the room :das:?

http://www.raf.se/movie.asp?director=02jonas_akerlund&category=03Music_Videos&filename=49Mika_-_we_are_golden.mov

Nah, he's still got the white shorts on, he just performs some...erm... questionable dance moves... :naughty:

Aw, thanks guys. =] I was only doing preliminary dressage, so the movements weren't too complex. Just trot and canter circles, the occasional extension of the trot, both free and medium walks, and this really cool movement in which you trot a 20m circle whilst allowing the horse to take the reins from the hands and stretch downwards. Bonza's pretty good at that one. =]

Not on to things like piaffe yet then :naughty:

I love watching extended trotting - unnatural but very elegant.

Nah, he's still got the white shorts on, he just performs some...erm... questionable dance moves... :naughty:

That's one way of putting it :naughty:

Ah, RealPlayer says it's 112MB :cheerful_h4h:. Veeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry good :das:

Thank youuu!! Let' see then.... :naughty: Show me what you've got Mika! :das:

So what did you think :das:

As Teegs mentioned previously :biggrin2: ... apparently Mika will be on 'Sunrise' this morning ... am watching now ... prob. in around 10 or 15 mins. ... :original::group_hug:

Fingers crossed that he will talk about a tour - not just the new album :thumb_yello:

:sneaky2: We need a fingers crossed smiley

Fingers crossed that he will talk about a tour - not just the new album :thumb_yello:

:sneaky2: We need a fingers crossed smiley

Just watched it everyone and no tour news ... just about the album and what inspired him to make WAG and showed bits n pieces of the video clip ... probably be up on YouTube soonish today :naughty::wub2:

So what did you think :das:

Schmexy :lmfao:

As Teegs mentioned previously :biggrin2: ... apparently Mika will be on 'Sunrise' this morning ... am watching now ... prob. in around 10 or 15 mins. ... :original::group_hug:

Don't you ever sleep? :blink::naughty:

Just watched it everyone and no tour news ... just about the album and what inspired him to make WAG and showed bits n pieces of the video clip ... probably be up on YouTube soonish today :naughty::wub2:

:annoyed_h4h: Waaaah, oh man.

Tell me about it :naughty: ... but definetly gonna fly to Sydney and see him perform when he comes out ... my boyfriend even said he'll take me :wink2:

Mika is a very very very frustrating young man :sneaky2:.

I hope he does more cities when he comes to AUS. I really don't understand why he just did ONE show last time he came (100 years ago :sneaky2:). I don't get it. They are shipping so much stuff over - wouldnt it make more sense to play more shows then?!? :blink:

Anyhoo - niiiiiiiiiight!! I need to go to bed :sad:.

Edited by Petra