MIKA @ Franco Parenti | Milan, ITALY

dcdeb

minireport of the visit inside Franco Parenti Theatre:

- big foyer

- trendy theatre: not classical, not particularly posh, but weel designed, (very simple interior design with poor materials but tecnical solutions very interesting)

- room for the gig: stage not tall, nearly 500 seats in slope, so... you can see very well also from the last right!!!!!!!!!

it is not necessary queuing early, the venue is very little, all seats are good, really good

These are good news, thank you Allegra and Nezza!!

Can I ask something about food in Italy? I have never been in italy. Do restaurants serve gluten-free food? And does it read in menus if food is gluten-free or not? Sorry to bother you with these questions. :biggrin2:

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask something about food in Italy? I have never been in italy. Do restaurants serve gluten-free food? And does it read in menus if food is gluten-free or not? Sorry to bother you with these questions. :biggrin2:

Hello :)

Italian restaurant don't usually serve gluten-free food

btw I found a few restaurants which do:

here's the list, maybe Allegra or Laura can tell us which one is the nearest to the theatre:

1)ristorante - pizzeria

Capoverde

Via Leoncavallo, 16

2)ristorante

Dynamo

P.zza Greco, 5

3) ristorante

La Rosa dei Venti

Via Piero della Francesca,34

4)hotel - ristorante

Novotel Linate/Novotelcafe'

Via Mecenate,121

5)hotel - ristorante

Novotel Milano Nord/Novotelcafe'

V.le Suzzani,13

6)ristorante

Osteria dei 5 Sensi

Via Cicco Simonetta, 17

7)ristorante

Quanta Village

Via Assietta, 19

source: http://www.celiachia.it/afcristoratori/ristoratori.asp?idregione=11

here's the list, maybe Allegra or Laura can tell us which one is the nearest to the theatre:

1)ristorante - pizzeria

Capoverde

Via Leoncavallo, 16

2)ristorante

Dynamo

P.zza Greco, 5

3) ristorante

La Rosa dei Venti

Via Piero della Francesca,34

4)hotel - ristorante

Novotel Linate/Novotelcafe'

Via Mecenate,121

5)hotel - ristorante

Novotel Milano Nord/Novotelcafe'

V.le Suzzani,13

6)ristorante

Osteria dei 5 Sensi

Via Cicco Simonetta, 17

7)ristorante

Quanta Village

Via Assietta, 19

Thank you so much, I didn't know there are pages like this :thumb_yello: If any of these restaurants is not near the theatre, it is not a problem! I can live one day just drinking coffee :naughty: I can try to find a restaurant on Sunday. Thanks, Mari!

so

saturday lunch must be decided...can you please confirm you're attending?

i don't care about who's going to queue early and skip lunch, if there's someone....

so if you prefer, PM me, i need to know average how many we are going to be..thanks!:thumb_yello:

sorry, all italian food is founded by gluten!

but we can ask to the restaurant...

at least... do you like mozzarella? every italian restaurant has a mozzarella in the kitchen :original:

sorry, any of them are near the theatre

about my theatre report...

i dont want to influence anybody...

if someone want to sleep the night before in front of the doors of theatre... he can... and i will bring to him the coffe in the afternoon...

i simply think that is useless...

we are 30, others hard core fans italians can be... i dont know... maybe 30...

so with a relaxing start of the queue in the afternoon, all the 60 hard core fans will be placed in the first 3 row!!! i think it its not so bad...

now i have another issue in my brain...

the seats are just 500... and the gig is not yet sold-out... :shocked:

you can go in ticketone and simulate the purchase of 10 tickets and they are still avalaible...

propably italians forgot who HE is...

last gig in Milan was a great succes... but he was in all magazines and newspapers, before the gig...

now he lives in the dark, he sings songs of sorrows... and maybe Milano's citizens dont see him nowhere, dont remember him anymore...

i hope they dont cancel the gig, like the famous Rimini's gig :crybaby:

so

saturday lunch must be decided...can you please confirm you're attending?

i don't care about who's going to queue early and skip lunch, if there's someone....

so if you prefer, PM me, i need to know average how many we are going to be..thanks!:thumb_yello:

I will do lunch for sure! No point in queueing with these logistical conditions, as Allegra pointed out, and also the doors only open at 21.00!! Would be totally silly and pointless to be there all day :shocked:

i hope doors will open earlier than 21.00 sara..or mika would find himself playing to an empty venue :naughty:

h 21 gig starts

h 20 (we hope earlier) tickets can be collected at the ticket box office

h ??? they open front doors and let us into the foyer

i hope doors will open earlier than 21.00 sara..or mika would find himself playing to an empty venue :naughty:

h 21 gig starts

h 20 (we hope earlier) tickets can be collected at the ticket box office

h ??? they open front doors and let us into the foyer

Ah, I see :naughty:. So 9 is when the gig starts then? Dammit I just don't get why they have to make us collect tickets the same night, that's just so crappy :sneaky2:

Ah, I see :naughty:. So 9 is when the gig starts then? Dammit I just don't get why they have to make us collect tickets the same night, that's just so crappy :sneaky2:

i'd say cruel!:sneaky2:

we'll manage, we are a prepared squad :biggrin2:

Thank you so much, I didn't know there are pages like this If any of these restaurants is not near the theatre, it is not a problem! I can live one day just drinking coffee :naughty: I can try to find a restaurant on Sunday. Thanks, Mari!
you're most welcome tiibet! :)

you won't believe how much gluten can be used in making cheese...

but tiibet can have some grilled fish/meat and a salad, it's safer!

(hoping you are not veggie, tiibet :wink2:)

thats a good idea!

about my theatre report...

i dont want to influence anybody...

if someone want to sleep the night before in front of the doors of theatre... he can... and i will bring to him the coffe in the afternoon...

i simply think that is useless...

we are 30, others hard core fans italians can be... i dont know... maybe 30...

so with a relaxing start of the queue in the afternoon, all the 60 hard core fans will be placed in the first 3 row!!! i think it its not so bad...

now i have another issue in my brain...

the seats are just 500... and the gig is not yet sold-out... :shocked:

you can go in ticketone and simulate the purchase of 10 tickets and they are still avalaible...

propably italians forgot who HE is...

last gig in Milan was a great succes... but he was in all magazines and newspapers, before the gig...

now he lives in the dark, he sings songs of sorrows... and maybe Milano's citizens dont see him nowhere, dont remember him anymore...

i hope they dont cancel the gig, like the famous Rimini's gig :crybaby:

Allegra.. pls don't be a jinx :naughty:

The venue will be sold out, there's still time and nobody will cancel the gig.... its the only one in Italy! :aah:

anyway... in a lot of theatres and venues the "system" is that...

for Billy Elliot Musical near Victoria Station i asked to the ticket office if i could collect the ticket in the afternoon because i arrived from airport just in Victoria Station. They reply that the tickets will arrive just one hour before...maybe there is a company who print them and who distribute them in theatres...

anyway...who knows...maybe they will arrive sooner....

the problem is that this is a rent of the theatre not the normal program of the theatre... during the "normal" season the ticket office and the foyer are open all the day... for this gig we dont know :no:

and is a pity if we must stay outside in the afternoon/evening...

because the foyer is so big, with multiple levels... so ideal for private parties (on the first floor there is also a big wood table... ideal for a "merenda" all togheter)

actually there is also an exhibition of students photographer... very interesting...

so there is a place also for an exibition of pictures of sorrow :wink2:

but tiibet can have some grilled fish/meat and a salad, it's safer!

(hoping you are not veggie, tiibet :wink2:)

Yes, I can eat most grilled meat and most salads! I just need to be sure that there is no gluten. I would love to have lunch before the gig, i'm happy if we don't have to queue the whole day :thumb_yello:

anyway... in a lot of theatres and venues the "system" is that...

for Billy Elliot Musical near Victoria Station i asked to the ticket office if i could collect the ticket in the afternoon because i arrived from airport just in Victoria Station. They reply that the tickets will arrive just one hour before...maybe there is a company who print them and who distribute them in theatres...

anyway...who knows...maybe they will arrive sooner....

the problem is that this is a rent of the theatre not the normal program of the theatre... during the "normal" season the ticket office and the foyer are open all the day... for this gig we dont know :no:

Yes, for theatres maybe, although in my experience when you buy a thatre ticket in advance you get the option to have the ticket sent to you OR collect at box office, but you're not forced to just go to box office collection just for the sake of it :blink:.

In any case the fact that this event is rented to a 3rd party and therefore (presumably) organised by Team Mika directly is NOT looking like a good omen to me, seeing how efficient they are at the best of times :sneaky2:. It just puts a stress onto something that should be enjoyable and it annoys me. Why can't they just do things properly?

At this rate,the mental image that I'm getting is that they will open the doors and the "ticket office" will consist of Mrs P, Yasmine and John dishing out the tickets :lmao: Sigh.

because the foyer is so big, with multiple levels... so ideal for private parties (on the first floor there is also a big wood table... ideal for a "merenda" all togheter)

actually there is also an exhibition of students photographer... very interesting...

so there is a place also for an exibition of pictures of sorrow

Maybe if we ask nicely and promise to behave we can be let in? :biggrin2:

Yes, for theatres maybe, although in my experience when you buy a thatre ticket in advance you get the option to have the ticket sent to you OR collect at box office, but you're not forced to just go to box office collection just for the sake of it :blink:.

In any case the fact that this event is rented to a 3rd party and therefore (presumably) organised by Team Mika directly is NOT looking like a good omen to me, seeing how efficient they are at the best of times :sneaky2:. It just puts a stress onto something that should be enjoyable and it annoys me. Why can't they just do things properly?

At this rate,the mental image that I'm getting is that they will open the doors and the "ticket office" will consist of Mrs P, Yasmine and John dishing out the tickets :lmao: Sigh.

Maybe if we ask nicely and promise to behave we can be let in? :biggrin2:

this option would be the best, actually! think about it....

so there is a place also for an exibition of pictures of sorrow :wink2:

I really liked that exhibition, shame it finishes on the 28th!

PS Allegra, merenda = snack, very useful word for you :naughty::wink2:

Robi or Allegra would be able to say for sure, but it sounds like Stazione Centrale can be kind of dodgy from what I've read. If it's still available when you get into Malpensa, taking the Malpensa Express train to Cadorna might be the better idea. :thumb_yello:

Allegra? Robi? Is that correct advice? :teehee:

I'm neither of them but you're right: I would avoid Central Station as much as possible, especially in the evening.:wink2:

average temperature for first decade of june in milan = 24.6°

:fisch:

Last saturday it was 29°C.:aah:

..and ice lollies?:teehee:

ghiaccioli.jpg

I really liked that exhibition, shame it finishes on the 28th!

PS Allegra, merenda = snack, very useful word for you :naughty::wink2:

We have the same word in spanish= merienda. It's normally used for a snack between lunch and dinner, in the afternoon.