Diana

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you seen this:shocked:

Wat a bullsh*t is that.

It's not all bad but I don't agree with the bad things this persone said.

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/1343/Recensies/article/detail/881726/2009/06/08/Mika-bouwt-intiem-feestje-in-AB-.dhtml

In afwachting van de stadiontournee die volgend jaar is gepland, werkt Mika een bescheiden rondreis af langs zaaltjes waar doorgaans niet eens zijn podium binnen zou raken. Ook de Brusselse AB stond donderdagavond op het programma, maar terwijl de Libanees-Britse zanger meestal voluit de kaart van camp en kitsch trekt, hield hij het voor dit akoestische optreden opvallend sober.

Met Life in Cartoon Motion leverde Mika twee jaar geleden een van de best verkochte debuut-cd's uit de 21ste eeuw af. Hij koppelde de theatrale bombast van Queen aan melodieën die zo door Elton John konden zijn bedacht en roomde het geheel af met prettig gestoorde teksten waar je op slag goedgeluimd van werd. Tel daar nog zijn in veelvoud opgenomen falsetstem bij en je kwam haast vanzelf uit bij een geluid waar geen kruid tegen opgewassen bleek.

Koortsachtig

Na de zomer verschijnt zijn langverwachte tweede cd, maar in afwachting is er momenteel een ep'tje uit met vier akoestisch opgenomen nummers. In de AB, waar de kaartjes voor dit exclusieve evenement in een zucht waren uitverkocht, zag je meteen dat Mika de gebruikelijke toeters en bellen thuis had gelaten. In de plaats daarvan stonden drie witte spotjes op het podium, zat de zanger zelf aan een vleugelpiano en hield de rest van de groep zich enigszins op de achtergrond.

Opener 'Grace Kelly' zette meteen de toon, want ook al was het optreden intiem, Mika had zich wel voorgenomen er een feestje van te maken. Het duurde bijgevolg niet lang voor de zaal op stelten stond en als performer had de jonge superster zeker zijn kwaliteiten. Ontdaan van alle studiotrucjes viel zijn stem wel opvallend dunnetjes uit. De band stond zich zichtbaar te amuseren, maar tegelijkertijd zag je de muzikanten koortsachtig zoeken naar een manier om vertrouwde songs als 'My Interpretation' en 'Love Today' ook in deze nieuwe context een gezicht te geven.

Het resultaat wisselde nogal, maar zelfs slordig gespeeld kon je er niet omheen dat 'Blue Eyes' en 'Blame It on the Girls' straks wereldhits zullen worden. Meer nog: al bij de eerste kennismaking werden ze door het publiek meegezongen alsof de songs net een half jaar op nummer één hadden gestaan. Mika verstaat de kunst om melodieën te bedenken die je achteraf met geen knuppel uit je hoofd kunt slaan. De finale, met een door Braziliaanse ritmes aangedreven 'Lollipop', een naar vlekkeloos Frans vertaald 'Grace Kelly' en - in primeur - de allereerste akoestische vertolking van 'Relax (Take It Easy)', was er een om in te lijsten, ook al omdat er op den duur meer publiek op het podium stond dan in de zaal.

Slim bekeken dus, om van de open repetities voor zijn stadionshows meteen exclusieve concerten te maken.Er waren te veel slordigheden, valse starts en vergeten tekstfragmenten om zomaar met de mantel der liefde te bedekken. Maar qua entertainmentswaarde viel de passage van Mika in de Ancienne Belgique nauwelijks te kloppen. (Bart Steenhaut)

Mika was giving an intimate party in the AB

in anticipation for the stadium tour that's been planed for next year,

Mika is making a modest tour along venues where normally even his stage wouldn't fit in.

The Brussels AB was also on his program on thursday.

While the Lebanese-British singer usually go fully for the camp and kitsch style,he was keeping it

remarkably sober this time.

Mika delivered ,Life in cartoon Motion 2 years ago, one of the best selling debut albums of the 21st century.

He connected the theatrical bombast of Queen to melodies that could be invented by Elton John,

and finished it with pleasant disturbed lyrics,that can make you happy in one moment.

Put this all together and add his multiple recorded falsetto voice to it and you became almost naturally a sound

"where no herb was found to cope with it"(that's a dutch expression)

Feverishly

After the summer,his long awaited 2nd CD will be out but until that time

there is a little EP out with 4 acoustic songs.

In the AB,where the tickets were sold out in no time,you could see immediately

he left all the "whistle" and "bells" at home.

Instead of all that,there where only 3 white spots on stage.

Mika himself was behind a grand piano and the rest of the band kept themselves somewhat in the background.

The opener Grace Kelly,immediately set the tone.

Although the performance was intimate,Mika had set his mind to make this thing a party.

because of this,it didn't take long before the total room had been put up site down.

As a performer,the young superstar, has certainly his qualities.

Without all the studio tricks,his voice was notable weak.

you could see that the band was having fun but at the same time,you could see they were

feverishly searching for a way to play the familiar songs like My Interpretation and Love Today,in this new context.

The results were variable,but even when they were played sloppy,you could say that Blue Eyes and Blame It On The Girls

are going to be worldwide hit songs.

I will say even more,Although the public heard them for the first time,they were singing along to them,like the songs have been on number one

for like a half year.

Mika understands the art of making melodies that, no matter what you do,you can't get them out of your head.

The finale; Lollipop,played with Brazilian rhythms,an,in perfect French Grace Kelly and a Relax which was played for the first time acoustically,

was a finale to treasure,maybe even more because at some point there was more audience on stage then in the viewing area.

It's a smart move to make this open rehearsals for his stadium shows to something exclusive.

There were to many slackness,false starts and forgotten lyrics to just cover them up with a mantle of love.

But in terms of entertainment value there almost doesn't exist anything that could do better than Mika in the AB

Edited by Moonlightchild

Hmm yeah .. I don't know .. We can laugh with Mika's mistakes, but they stay mistakes, so it's right what they say about that :wink2:

It's not that bad ... It's just not written by a fan but a reporter :bleh:

Wat a bullsh*t is that.

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/1343/Recensies/article/detail/881726/2009/06/08/Mika-bouwt-intiem-feestje-in-AB-.dhtml

In afwachting van de stadiontournee die volgend jaar is gepland, werkt Mika een bescheiden rondreis af langs zaaltjes waar doorgaans niet eens zijn podium binnen zou raken. Ook de Brusselse AB stond donderdagavond op het programma, maar terwijl de Libanees-Britse zanger meestal voluit de kaart van camp en kitsch trekt, hield hij het voor dit akoestische optreden opvallend sober.

Met Life in Cartoon Motion leverde Mika twee jaar geleden een van de best verkochte debuut-cd's uit de 21ste eeuw af. Hij koppelde de theatrale bombast van Queen aan melodieën die zo door Elton John konden zijn bedacht en roomde het geheel af met prettig gestoorde teksten waar je op slag goedgeluimd van werd. Tel daar nog zijn in veelvoud opgenomen falsetstem bij en je kwam haast vanzelf uit bij een geluid waar geen kruid tegen opgewassen bleek.

Koortsachtig

Na de zomer verschijnt zijn langverwachte tweede cd, maar in afwachting is er momenteel een ep'tje uit met vier akoestisch opgenomen nummers. In de AB, waar de kaartjes voor dit exclusieve evenement in een zucht waren uitverkocht, zag je meteen dat Mika de gebruikelijke toeters en bellen thuis had gelaten. In de plaats daarvan stonden drie witte spotjes op het podium, zat de zanger zelf aan een vleugelpiano en hield de rest van de groep zich enigszins op de achtergrond.

Opener 'Grace Kelly' zette meteen de toon, want ook al was het optreden intiem, Mika had zich wel voorgenomen er een feestje van te maken. Het duurde bijgevolg niet lang voor de zaal op stelten stond en als performer had de jonge superster zeker zijn kwaliteiten. Ontdaan van alle studiotrucjes viel zijn stem wel opvallend dunnetjes uit. De band stond zich zichtbaar te amuseren, maar tegelijkertijd zag je de muzikanten koortsachtig zoeken naar een manier om vertrouwde songs als 'My Interpretation' en 'Love Today' ook in deze nieuwe context een gezicht te geven.

Het resultaat wisselde nogal, maar zelfs slordig gespeeld kon je er niet omheen dat 'Blue Eyes' en 'Blame It on the Girls' straks wereldhits zullen worden. Meer nog: al bij de eerste kennismaking werden ze door het publiek meegezongen alsof de songs net een half jaar op nummer één hadden gestaan. Mika verstaat de kunst om melodieën te bedenken die je achteraf met geen knuppel uit je hoofd kunt slaan. De finale, met een door Braziliaanse ritmes aangedreven 'Lollipop', een naar vlekkeloos Frans vertaald 'Grace Kelly' en - in primeur - de allereerste akoestische vertolking van 'Relax (Take It Easy)', was er een om in te lijsten, ook al omdat er op den duur meer publiek op het podium stond dan in de zaal.

Slim bekeken dus, om van de open repetities voor zijn stadionshows meteen exclusieve concerten te maken.Er waren te veel slordigheden, valse starts en vergeten tekstfragmenten om zomaar met de mantel der liefde te bedekken. Maar qua entertainmentswaarde viel de passage van Mika in de Ancienne Belgique nauwelijks te kloppen. (Bart Steenhaut)

*chokes* He did NOT just say that.

Hmm yeah .. I don't know .. We can laugh with Mika's mistakes, but they stay mistakes, so it's right what they say about that :wink2:

I will happily believe that Mika makes mistakes because he is so infatuated with his audience! :wink2:

It makes the gigs sound like they are rehearsals and M makes us pay to listen to him rehearse! :blink:

I will happily believe that Mika makes mistakes because he is so infatuated with his audience! :wink2:

It makes the gigs sound like they are rehearsals and M makes us pay to listen to him rehearse! :blink:

Ah well, I would love to pay to see/hear Mika rehearse .. I love it when he makes mistakes or not everything goes the way it should :naughty:

In a show every thing should go perfect, or at least people expect it to .. Some people can laugh when there are mistakes, some people can not, it's that simple :wink2:

Ah well, I would love to pay to see/hear Mika rehearse .. I love it when he makes mistakes or not everything goes the way it should :naughty:

In a show every thing should go perfect, or at least people expect it to .. Some people can laugh when there are mistakes, some people can not, it's that simple :wink2:

Hehe, I was thinking the same when I was typing it :roftl: And I also love it when he makes mistakes. He gets all cute (even more cute!) when he's messing up. Maybe he does it on purpose :wink2:

Well yeah, I know, hmpf, don't be so rational about it! :teehee:

My pics: http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv328/KatrienV/MIKA%20AB%204%20JUNI%202009/

Some of them are a bit blurry though, but I thought there can never be enough pictures of Mika :wub2:

Wat a bullsh*t is that.

In afwachting van de stadiontournee die volgend jaar is gepland, werkt Mika een bescheiden rondreis af langs zaaltjes waar doorgaans niet eens zijn podium binnen zou raken. Ook de Brusselse AB stond donderdagavond op het programma, maar terwijl de Libanees-Britse zanger meestal voluit de kaart van camp en kitsch trekt, hield hij het voor dit akoestische optreden opvallend sober...

just saw it too :sneaky2:

I find it very cute when he makes mistakes actually

Wat a bullsh*t is that.

Koortsachtig

He doesn't know what mika meant to do with the shows. The meaning of acoustic shows is that you improvise a little bit, I love it. It normal (and totally not disturbing) that he makes mistakes, everyone does.

Hehe, I was thinking the same when I was typing it :roftl: And I also love it when he makes mistakes. He gets all cute (even more cute!) when he's messing up. Maybe he does it on purpose :wink2:

Sorry :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Yes ok but he also said his voice is weak. and I thought his voice was so good in Brussels.

maybe I am fangirly deaf?

Am I?:shocked:

Yes ok but he also said his voice is weak. and I thought his voice was so good in Brussels.

yeah, that was the part where I was shocked when I read it... I didn't think for a second that his voice was weak :boxed:

No, that is definitely incorrect. His voice was great!

But reporters are human too, they make mistakes!!

(Loot at me Bienie I'm being rational :roftl:)

Oh ok so i'm not alone on this,I think he just wanted to sound smart or so.:sneaky2:

no you're not alone :sneaky2: they can say anything they want but not that his voice is weak :sneaky2:

no you're not alone :sneaky2: they can say anything they want but not that his voice is weak :sneaky2:

Well it's bullsh*t. I know a lot of good singers and they might not be a fan of Mika's music, but they all agree that he is a good singer and has a great voice.

Let's not give him the attention, he's just a guy who had to work when he wanted to have dinner with his girlfriend of something :naughty:

I just have to say that I can't stop thinking about the concert! I listen to the ep and watch the songs all the time! I've read the lyrics and watched the artworks like a thousand times. Hmm I'm addicted!

And now I'm going uypstairs and try to sing and play the songs on the piano:roftl:

love!

Well it's bullsh*t. I know a lot of good singers and they might not be a fan of Mika's music, but they all agree that he is a good singer and has a great voice.

yeah, you're right!

Let's not give him the attention, he's just a guy who had to work when he wanted to have dinner with his girlfriend of something :naughty:

I just have to say that I can't stop thinking about the concert! I listen to the ep and watch the songs all the time! I've read the lyrics and watched the artworks like a thousand times. Hmm I'm addicted!

And now I'm going uypstairs and try to sing and play the songs on the piano:roftl:

love!

lol must be that :naughty:

yeah, can't stop thinking about the gig too :wub2: It was such a wonderful amazing great evening! :wub2: I'm only listening to Mika's songs these days and I can't stop watching the pics & videos :wub2:

lol must be that :naughty:

yeah, can't stop thinking about the gig too :wub2: It was such a wonderful amazing great evening! :wub2: I'm only listening to Mika's songs these days and I can't stop watching the pics & videos :wub2:

me too! and I should study..a lot:biggrin2:

me too! and I should study..a lot:biggrin2:

same here :teehee: am in my exams, but it gives me such a good feeling that even the exams aren't that awful as usual :teehee:

Good luck! :thumb_yello:

same here :teehee: am in my exams, but it gives me such a good feeling that even the exams aren't that awful as usual :teehee:

Good luck! :thumb_yello:

indeed! Can't stop smiling since 4days:roftl:

good luck to you to! now I'm really gone ^^

YOU'RE NOT!!! :wink2:

Edited by Guest