2009 - Mika@Brussels 04 June - Gig reports, photos & vids

Diana

So wait, you were sitting right behind me?????????? :roftl: How funny is that... I didn't really look behind me, otherwise I would def have recognized an orange shirt. But I did hear you scream that at the beginning of happy ending though!:thumb_yello:

Hehe, I didn't see you either I think.

But this is me:

MikaAB4JUNI2009140.jpg

I'm the one on the right :roftl:

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hot chocolate and stuff came from John/Mika :wink2:

The people at the venue had never seen something like that happen ... :roftl:

Thanks for all the nice reactions on the videos btw :wub2:

THANK YOU SO MUCH BIENIE FOR THE VIDS!!! :wub2::huglove: it made a great souvenir of the gig!! they are soooo great! thank you for sharing!

I post some vids (well compared to Bienie...:naughty::wink2: but still ^^) here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kate5754

And my pics on Myspace :wink2:

@leentje1820: :naughty: Celien told me about that! I heard when you 2 scream so sweet! :wink2:

Brussel gig videos - ALL VIDEOS

:roftl:

:naughty:

:wub2:

:wub2: It's just .. epic ..

(with stage invasion, although you can't see it well :P )

Note on the videos:

- sound isn't always that great, especially when the drums come in .. The sound was really loud! Sorry ..

- keeping still was just IMPOSSIBLE (but I hope you understand :P)

- I didn't have the intention to be in Mika's face like I am sometimes, but the thing with my camera is that you can zoom in pretty far and film in high quality, but you have to zoom in before filming and then you can't zoom out anymore .. Great when he's at the piano or so, but not so great when he's jumping around :roftl:

Hope you like them ..

I'll put them in a playlist soon, I'm just working on the Amsterdam-ones first now :wink2:

Thank you so much for the great videos :thumb_yello: Now I can relive it and get a Mika-high again ...

Edited by Guest

The hot chocolate and stuff came from John/Mika :wink2:

So it was? I didn't know they were there yet so I just assumed it came from the venue :teehee:

btw to everyone who shared their pics and vids: thanks a lot. I haven't seen the vids yet but I'm sure they're great. I'm really thankful that people take the time and put energy in making vids/pics so we can relive the memories :wub2:

So it was? I didn't know they were there yet so I just assumed it came from the venue :teehee:

btw to everyone who shared their pics and vids: thanks a lot. I haven't seen the vids yet but I'm sure they're great. I'm really thankful that people take the time and put energy in making vids/pics so we can relive the memories :wub2:

Yeah .. or that's what I've heard anyway ..

The security-guy said it to the people first in line I think :wink2:

And you're welcome :mf_rosetinted:

First of all: I saw a lot of reactions what the queuing concerns. Yes, so there were like 30 people in the queue at 4 o'clock, isn't that amazing? I wish it could always be as relaxed as it was here. I arrived at 1 o'clock and if you think about it, that really should be early enough. We do it to ourselves. If nobody would start to queue super early, other people wouldn't have to either. Not criticizing anyone, but like I said, people do it to themselves.

So we arrived at the queue, a bit later security was handing out some hot chocolate and chocolates. I guess it came from the venue itself so :thumb_yello: to them. On the same note, the security guy who stood in front of the queue was very nice, talking to people in the queue, very relaxed.

I loved the system with the numbers, allthough it has some flaws as well (which system hasn't right). E.g. people can show up extremely early and then just leave their spot the entire day, come back 30 minutes before the doors open and still have that same spot... That just doesn't seem right to me... But we'll see what happens. Me personally, I loved the 'going in by small amounts' way more. Because of that, people didn't have to run like crazy to get a spot they wanted.

We were with the first bunch of people that went in and I got 2nd row in the middle, I loved the spot. I couldn't believe we were just sitting there, relaxing, no pushing, no screaming, no fighting... WOW

The support act was good, but way too shy for a venue filled with Mika fans I was just waiting for Mika to come out tbh, I'm sure a lot of people agreed.

Then another break, and AGAIN the same song that was playing the entire hour before the support act begun! I don't know the title but it had this annoying whistle tune in it:aah: I don't know what went wrong there... Then a song from jungle book started playing and people were getting all excited. And then finally they appeared... Still couldn't grasp we were sitting at a Mika gig. GK began and he immediately messed up, typical :naughty: Everyone stayed seated untill Stuck in the middle... Blue eyes was up next but everyone sat down again... That felt a bit awkward since it's a bouncy song as well... But during a big part of the gig the crowd was standing/dancing and singing along.

To me the best part was Over my shoulder. I started filming it because I love it... But I stopped after a few seconds. I decided I wanted to focus only on the performance and nothing else and I'm so glad I did. I leaned forward in my seat, shut out everything and everyone else and just observed it all. It didn't feel like I was sitting in a venue filled with people at all, there was no sound or movement, just Mika, the piano and the other singer... Amazing....

When lollipop ended and they were getting off stage I couldn't believe it :shocked: I was like, no what? It's over so soon? But the entire crowd just started screaming 'MIKA MIKA', clapping their hands, they had no choice but to come back... twice! They were beginning to break up the set already but the crowd just kept going and didn't want to leave so... they came back! Beating the garbace cans and everything. I couldn't believe it, I was already wearing my jacket and scarf.. didn't think they would come back AGAIN.. But they did, with the infamous stage invasion as result... Which was actually very funny.. Security went mad! They were like: 'oh no!! No don't jump on the stage!' And they crawled on the stage as well, started talking in their little communication thingies, no idea what those are called... But when they saw it was all good they just let it happen.

The meeting afterwards was well done and chill as well. We didn't notice he was signing already since everyone was so quiet... No screaming, no yelling, no 10 000's of flashes going off every single second. A big thanks to John again for making that happen. Funny note, I overheard one of the security guys saying Mika was very happy with the show and that he was such a charming guy. And that his fans totally made the right choice for choosing such a great guy as their favorite artist. It was in French so I couldn't totally understand but that was the main idea. Mika signed my EP and I asked him why he didn't speak Dutch this time like he did in 2007. I'm very happy I asked him something now. Normally I just stand there... It's way more fun to really have him talk to you.

After he left the band came out and chatted with fans, taking pics etc. I got a pic with Dan who is so cute! I really think he did a great job on stage as well. He said he's usually a bit shy (with the meeting and stuff) but that Mika said it was all good... I guess he means he was a bit afraid of us at first or something I don't know :aah: Oh well..

mika004.jpg

So it was you that asked him about speaking in Dutch. I saw that on somebody's video (sorry, don't remember whose) and heard him say that he didn't do the four hours of study/practice/whatever word he actually used that he did last time. BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT HIS VOICE. Mika always seems to be worried about his voice (with good reason). I'm just wondering if this is the usual worry or if he's starting to feel sick or something:blink:

You guys, thanks so much for the pictures and the videos. I don't have a camera and my memory is a blur!

I just got home this afternoon :teehee:

It was SO exciting!!!!!! I mean I was nervous at first but afterwards if was feeling just plain high on adrenaline or something.

The concert was amazing and it's lovely to see him react to the public :teehee:

When the first girl got dragged on stage, I was thinking my god she is SO lucky but then other people were going for it too. So yeah, what to do but follow? And we had the awesomest party in human history right there on that stage!!! :wub2:

Afterwards waiting to see him. And thanks to Katrien, I could stay until the very end. It was awesome!! He took his time with everyone and just chatted about :wub2:

If I was a fan before, I don't know what I am now.

My heart is still racing and from time to time I start giggling like a high school girl! I love it!!!

Sleeping was nearly impossible and concentration today is far under zero. But who cares? I was on stage with Mika, I talked to Mika. Life is perfect and anyone who claims something else, well they probably weren't there yesterday :wink2:.

Hey Leentje I'm happy you had a great time.

I was thinking about you in the row because you where ,like me,also alone there but I didn't know how you looked so I didn't saw you there

I know... who doesn't btw?:biggrin2:

She was one of his Big Girls dancing on stage:wub2: in Madrid!

She’s also an excellent tour guide, she and TheBlackQueen took us for a tour in the night in Madrid last summer! Lovely!:wub2:

Be careful with praise, it might go to her head! :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks everyone for the reports, pics and videos. Havent been here for a while and am very happy to get back to find lots of news and updates. :)

Bienie, your videos are simply fantastic.

So it was you that asked him about speaking in Dutch. I saw that on somebody's video (sorry, don't remember whose) and heard him say that he didn't do the four hours of study/practice/whatever word he actually used that he did last time. BECAUSE HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT HIS VOICE. Mika always seems to be worried about his voice (with good reason). I'm just wondering if this is the usual worry or if he's starting to feel sick or something:blink:

Yeah that was me :roftl: I know, my first reaction (in my head of course) was oho, does he start to feel sick again? He talked about his voice in the interview with 'de rode loper' as well. That he wanted to save it for the gig so... Maybe he just learned from the past, maybe now he knows the limits of his voice ?

Edited by Droopsy

I was thinking about you in the row because you where ,like me,also alone there but I didn't know how you looked so I didn't saw you there

Did you get home allright? Thanks again for the ticket! :flowers2:

Aww, it's so sweet of you to think of me. Next time we should meet up!

It's so much fun actually meeting the other people who are on mfc :)

I posted a picture of me somewhere in this thread, so next time will be able to recognise me :teehee:

First of all: I saw a lot of reactions what the queuing concerns. Yes, so there were like 30 people in the queue at 4 o'clock, isn't that amazing? I wish it could always be as relaxed as it was here. I arrived at 1 o'clock and if you think about it, that really should be early enough. We do it to ourselves. If nobody would start to queue super early, other people wouldn't have to either. Not criticizing anyone, but like I said, people do it to themselves.

So we arrived at the queue, a bit later security was handing out some hot chocolate and chocolates. I guess it came from the venue itself so

:thumb_yello: to them. On the same note, the security guy who stood in front of the queue was very nice, talking to people in the queue, very relaxed.

I loved the system with the numbers, allthough it has some flaws as well (which system hasn't right). E.g. people can show up extremely early and then just leave their spot the entire day, come back 30 minutes before the doors open and still have that same spot... That just doesn't seem right to me... But we'll see what happens. Me personally, I loved the 'going in by small amounts' way more. Because of that, people didn't have to run like crazy to get a spot they wanted.

We were with the first bunch of people that went in and I got 2nd row in the middle, I loved the spot. I couldn't believe we were just sitting there, relaxing, no pushing, no screaming, no fighting... WOW

The support act was good, but way too shy for a venue filled with Mika fans :teehee: I was just waiting for Mika to come out tbh, I'm sure a lot of people agreed.

Then another break, and AGAIN the same song that was playing the entire hour before the support act begun! I don't know the title but it had this annoying whistle tune in it:aah: I don't know what went wrong there... Then a song from jungle book started playing and people were getting all excited. And then finally they appeared... Still couldn't grasp we were sitting at a Mika gig. GK began and he immediately messed up, typical

:naughty: Everyone stayed seated untill Stuck in the middle... Blue eyes was up next but everyone sat down again... That felt a bit awkward since it's a bouncy song as well... But during a big part of the gig the crowd was standing/dancing and singing along.

To me the best part was Over my shoulder. I started filming it because I love it... But I stopped after a few seconds. I decided I wanted to focus only on the performance and nothing else and I'm so glad I did. I leaned forward in my seat, shut out everything and everyone else and just observed it all. It didn't feel like I was sitting in a venue filled with people at all, there was no sound or movement, just Mika, the piano and the other singer... Amazing....

When lollipop ended and they were getting off stage I couldn't believe it

:shocked: I was like, no what? It's over so soon? But the entire crowd just started screaming 'MIKA MIKA', clapping their hands, they had no choice but to come back... twice! They were beginning to break up the set already but the crowd just kept going and didn't want to leave so... they came back! Beating the garbace cans and everything. I couldn't believe it, I was already wearing my jacket and scarf.. didn't think they would come back AGAIN.. But they did, with the infamous stage invasion as result... Which was actually very funny.. Security went mad! They were like: 'oh no!! No don't jump on the stage!' And they crawled on the stage as well, started talking in their little communication thingies, no idea what those are called... But when they saw it was all good they just let it happen.

The meeting afterwards was well done and chill as well. We didn't notice he was signing already since everyone was so quiet... No screaming, no yelling, no 10 000's of flashes going off every single second. A big thanks to John again for making that happen. Funny note, I overheard one of the security guys saying Mika was very happy with the show and that he was such a charming guy. And that his fans totally made the right choice for choosing such a great guy as their favorite artist. It was in French so I couldn't totally understand but that was the main idea. Mika signed my EP and I asked him why he didn't speak Dutch this time like he did in 2007. I'm very happy I asked him something now. Normally I just stand there... It's way more fun to really have him talk to you.

After he left the band came out and chatted with fans, taking pics etc. I got a pic with Dan who is so cute! I really think he did a great job on stage as well. He said he's usually a bit shy (with the meeting and stuff) but that Mika said it was all good... I guess he means he was a bit afraid of us at first or something I don't know

:aah: Oh well..

mika004.jpg

Thank you Droopsy,

Loved reading your report.

And thanks for the company during the waiting in the row.

What you said in the beginning of your report,that crossed through my mind to but like you already said it was much better this way

I was sitting third row, right in front of the piano. Wearing an orange t-shirt. I was one of the girls who screamed 'mika we love you' right at the beginning of happy ending. :blush-anim-cl:

no, was that you? :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

Did you get home allright? Thanks again for the ticket! :flowers2:

Yes, I was going into the wrong direction:roftl:

but I met two nice (and cute :teehee:)police agents and they walked with me for a while and showed me the way.

While walking we talked about Mika and they where sorry they missed the show.

Aww, it's so sweet of you to think of me. Next time we should meet up!

It's so much fun actually meeting the other people who are on mfc :)

I posted a picture of me somewhere in this thread, so next time will be able to recognise me :teehee:

Yes I saw your picture,now I know how you look but it's a little late now:roftl:

But next time I will indeed recognise you and then we can meet.

Edited by Moonlightchild

Yes, yes it was me indeed.

I think you were standing next to me.

Weren't you screaming something as well? :roftl:

Oh, I forgot it, it was me too! :teehee::roftl: Just watched the Happy Ending video for the first time! So cute! :wub2:

Ok,I finally came to the end of this thread.

Thank you to everybody for your reports,pictures and video's.

I have a lazy camera(if you saw my pictures here you now what i'm talking about)

Thanks to all of you I have great pictures and video's now.

Biennie,your video's are amazing and I'm glad you filmed the stage invasion and relax.

What a memories:wub2:

thx for all your pics and reports ..it's really nice to share that with us:mf_lustslow:

the pics are awesome ..

can't wait for paris gig and hope i would be able to share with you my gigs too