2009 - Mika@Brussels 04 June - Gig reports, photos & vids

Diana

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bienie, your videos are awesome!!

what does he say in French about halfway through 'Stuck in the Middle'?

Merci!

Thanks! :wub2:

I can't say right now, I'll have to watch the video again .. and then I'll probably still don't know .. so if someone else knows..? :roftl:

Brussel gig videos

:roftl:

:naughty:

:wub2:

:wub2: It's just .. epic ..

(with stage invasion, although you can't see it well :P )

NEW:

Note on the videos:

- sound isn't always that great, especially when the drums come in .. The sound was really loud! Sorry ..

- keeping still was just IMPOSSIBLE (but I hope you understand :P)

- I didn't have the intention to be in Mika's face like I am sometimes, but the thing with my camera is that you can zoom in pretty far and film in high quality, but you have to zoom in before filming and then you can't zoom out anymore .. Great when he's at the piano or so, but not so great when he's jumping around :roftl:

Hope you like them ..

Brussel gig videos

NEW:

Note on the videos:

- sound isn't always that great, especially when the drums come in .. The sound was really loud! Sorry ..

- I didn't have the intention to be in Mika's face like I am sometimes, but the thing with my camera is that you can zoom in pretty far and film in high quality, but you have to zoom in before filming and then you can't zoom out anymore .. Great when he's at the piano or so, but not so great when he's jumping around :roftl:

Hope you like them ..

Brussel gig videos - ALL VIDEOS

Note on the videos:

Hope you like them ..

I'll put them in a playlist soon, I'm just working on the Amsterdam-ones first now :wink2:

I get so excited when I see all the videos and pictures. I hope I have an awesome time like you did. :biggrin2:

Of course you will! *sigh* wish it was yesterday again :fangurl::wub2:

You guys, thanks so much for the pictures and the videos. I don't have a camera and my memory is a blur!

I just got home this afternoon :teehee:

It was SO exciting!!!!!! I mean I was nervous at first but afterwards if was feeling just plain high on adrenaline or something.

The concert was amazing and it's lovely to see him react to the public :teehee

When the first girl got dragged on stage, I was thinking my god she is SO lucky but then other people were going for it too. So yeah, what to do but follow? And we had the awesomest party in human history right there on that stage!!! :wub2

Afterwards waiting to see him. And thanks to Katrien, I could stay until the very end. It was awesome!! He took his time with everyone and just chatted about :wub2:

If I was a fan before, I don't know what I am now.

My heart is still racing and from time to time I start giggling like a high school girl! I love it!!!

Sleeping was nearly impossible and concentration today is far under zero. But who cares? I was on stage with Mika, I talked to Mika. Life is perfect and anyone who claims something else, well they probably weren't there yesterday :wink2:.

:wub2: It was amazing! And it was so cool to meet you! :wub2:

*sigh* :biggrin2:

Totally agree with that! :)

OK,here is my report.

It's difficult this time because I was so overwhelmed by this gig.

I don't know where to start,all thoughts are still racing through my mind.

I want to tell it all at the same time.

But let me try to start with the beginning...

...The row,

when we arrived we all got a number,when it was six a clock we

all went in the correct sequence in queue, number 1. who was there first got the first place in row and so on.

This was a good arrangement.

I hope It can be like that all the time in the future.

A boy who was not a member called us all freaks because of this and was wondering why some fangirly girl,hi-hi(Nikki) was telling everybody where to stand and to him,she looked a bit bossy.

He didn't understand who we all were and got confused by it but then he said;"oh well it's not a bad idea after all and security seems to agree with it".

Then at 7pm or a little later we could go in by groups off +/-10 people at the time.

This also worked perfectly,no running,no bad feelings because someone from behind in line could take a better spot than someone who was there hours before.

The act before Mika came up.

To me they had no performance appearance at all.(sorry don't know how to write it in a better way in English maybe something like X factor,really,I don't know how to explain this correctly but something between the two I mentioned)

It where two shy girls and the singer introduced themselves so shy and quietly, but what a voices and talent they had!

It was beautiful but maybe a bit to slow before a Mika concert.

But keep that aside because after all they where good and I did enjoy their performance.

Then time for a drink and the bad-room,this was the first time I could do this during a Mika gig because I wasn't afraid to lose my spot.

That was totally new for me and I found it fantastic.

After a short while Mika and band came up.

They started with Grace Kelly and Mika messed it up (of course)

I couldn't help myself but I had to laugh quite hard when I saw his face,when he after a short pause managed to hit the right key.

He can be so funny and sorry for him but secretly, I always hope he will mess up something.

He was wearing the orange jacket and OMG,the shoes.I liked them so much.

I saw them on pictures before but in real life they looked even better.

Wat came next I don't remember but it was one of the new songs.(this doesn't mean I forgot the songs but only the order they came on)

His voice was amazing during this whole gig.

The higher notes were perfectly pure and the lower voice seems to be improved.

The atmosphere was good in the venue only I felt a bit shy because I was there all by myself.

I was in first row and it was a bit difficult for me to let myself go.

I was at the last seat totally at the right and security stood next to me.

It felt a bit weird.

They where enjoining the performance of Mika and I had the feeling they where impressed by him.

Maybe, yesterday Mika won a few more macho hetero fans who of course will never admit it to their friends.

At some point Mika almost fell over some wires.He was coming into my direction while that happened.

I thought OMG Mika don't fall and then when he didn't fall,I thought, what a shame he didn't felt, otherwise he could had landed on my lap.

I know, I'm a bad girl.

Over my shoulder was the most beautiful thing I ever heard live.

It was a dream for me to hear this one live someday and till a few days back I thought it would never happen.

I think he never did it this beautiful before.

I don't know, maybe it was because I heard it for the first time live but I don't think so.

Like I sad before his voice yesterday was perfect in condition. It was never this clear before.

At one point, during over my shoulder,I just closed my eyes,it felt like I was in a little trance.

I never thought I would dare to do that in public but I'm glad I did.

Everybody was totally quite to listen to it.

I was happy for that.

The new songs sounded so good.

I like them more live than on the EP and for the new album, I think it's going to be an other hit.

Rain was totally different than in Amsterdam and now I love it even more.

I though,t by now I have seen it all (concerning Mika) and this acoustic one wouldn't surprise me that much. Oh boy,how wrong was I.

I thought this would be a rather mellow sort of gig but Mika was full with energy,the jumping,dancing on the piano,the garbage cans

and the rhythm.

I was totally overwhelmed by this gig.

Oh and martin was so sweet,There were two little kids standing next to the stage and Martin gave them during (I think it was) Lollipop a drumstick and rolled an garbage can near them so they could drum on it in the meanwhile the new band member was hitting his can and while doing it,it kept rolling away from him,this was so funny to see.

The new member fits in real good,I like him.

The magic is back.

After lollipop the public went mad and no one had the attention to leave the room.

I thought no way he's coming back again but he did.

I'm not sure but I believe they came back 3 times for an encore and did 5 encore songs totally.

Relax was one of them and an other dream came true for me.

Relax acoustical!!!! OMG can you believe this!!

It started so sweet and calm and it ended so freaking up tempo.

It was amazing!!!!

After the concert we all had the opportunity to meet Mika and we all got signatures.

For the first time, I finally met Cherise and again an other dream cam true.

She is so sweet,Now I love her even more.

Thumbs up for the best female drummer in the world!!

OK this was it,hope you enjoyed reading,if not,sorry it was the best I could do with so poor energy left.

My video for over my shoulder;

Not real good quality but not the worst either

Edited by Moonlightchild

Thank you!

Haven't listened to it all but the little parts I've heard sound good :wink2:

Edited by Guest
Changed it into English, I thought I was in the dutch-thread :P

Aaaah haven't read a single thing from this thread.. Will do soon... Hate how the gigs are all so close to each other so it's hard to catch up and travel from one to another for some people:aah:

I have just caught up with the reading.What can I say::wub2:

Mana, as always your report is full of details, I love that.Can't believe you bumped into him at the train station.:biggrin2:

Bienie, you are The Queen of all Video:naughty: I've only watched Relax so far, and I absolutely adored it.

I don't remember everybody, but thank you all for the pics,videos and reports.:thumb_yello: