The Dan Rothchild thread

TBH, I didn't think that Dan would last too long because he was too charismatic.....in my opinion.

I liked him a lot....but I thought that he was probably just a bit too good looking for Mika's liking:naughty:

We were told in Toronto that the reason why he's not there is that Dan is more a "studio musician" and not really a "tour musician" (which makes sense if you think of the fact that, even though he played in Mika's first record already, he never really toured with him until now, after the second record).

I think that he just sort of "fell into" the touring thing after that impromptu LA gig in April where he clearly worked so well on stage with Mika, so then he did the summer acoustic tour perhaps because it was only a few gigs and it saved Mika from finding someone else with not much notice, and now that things are heating up and it's a full tour coming he has gone back to doing his stuff and Mika has gotten a musician who can tour with him :teehee:.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were told in Toronto that the reason why he's not there is that Dan is more a "studio musician" and not really a "tour musician" (which makes sense if you think of the fact that, even though he played in Mika's first record already, he never really toured with him until now, after the second record).

I think that he just sort of "fell into" the touring thing after that impromptu LA gig in April where he clearly worked so well on stage with Mika, so then he did the summer acoustic tour perhaps because it was only a few gigs and it saved Mika from finding someone else with not much notice, and now that things are heating up and it's a full tour coming he has gone back to doing his stuff and Mika has gotten a musician who can tour with him :teehee:.

OK...............that all makes sense.:thumb_yello:

I still like my theory though:naughty::teehee:

Even though I think yours is more accurate:mf_rosetinted:

We were told in Toronto that the reason why he's not there is that Dan is more a "studio musician" and not really a "tour musician".

Yes, I remember when someone mentioned it here first...

It does make sense. We don't expect Alexander to appear on stage with him on tour, either, but perhaps now and then on an odd occasion.

My expectations are the same for Dan - and not because he is a good bassist but because his voice sounded so well next to Mika's :wub2: and I am so grateful for some of the radio performances they did together in the summer as well. :pinkbow:

Mika and his twin brother :naughty:

OK...............that all makes sense.:thumb_yello:

I still like my theory though:naughty::teehee:

Even though I think yours is more accurate:mf_rosetinted:

Well, your theory is interesting :roftl: but mine is not really "my" theory; It's what Mama P told us, so I'm going with that :aah:.

Yes, I remember when someone mentioned it here first...

It does make sense. We don't expect Alexander to appear on stage with him on tour, either, but perhaps now and then on an odd occasion.

My expectations are the same for Dan - and not because he is a good bassist but because his voice sounded so well next to Mika's :wub2: and I am so grateful for some of the radio performances they did together in the summer as well. :pinkbow:

Mika and his twin brother :naughty:

Yes, that is the thing, it's the same as with Dan. As much as I'd love for Alex to always be there, it's just not going to happen :blink:.

• 6 months later...

Haha, I hear people thinking: why is this bumped?? :aah: Pure coincidence, was browsing through my gig pics and came across my picture with Dan :wub2:

dsc0046424.jpg

I read this thread again from the beginning, so cute to read it all again!

yep! amen to that

can you tell us anything about the new bassist?

jmmy...what?

I guess we all know Jimmy now :wink2: Men, things go fast in mika-land.

Hey, never posted here before, but I also noticed that Dan isn't anymore in the band :(

Stupid, here are some pics of him, for people who are interested:

DSCN1784.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1764.jpg

Any excuse will do to quote pics of that wonderful gig. :wub2:

Seems like he's doing good! :

Haha, I hear people thinking: why is this bumped?? :aah: Pure coincidence, was browsing through my gig pics and came across my picture with Dan :wub2:

dsc0046424.jpg

I read this thread again from the beginning, so cute to read it all again!

Seems like he's doing good! :

Aww, my old boyfriend. :das: He's looking good as ever. :wub2:

And, working with Melissa Etheridge?! Nice work! :punk:.

• 6 months later...
I hope that too, and I guess he will. Jimmy was talking about it some time ago in his interview, wasn't he? But I guess it depends on their schedules, too.

Jimmy? Isn't it the Dan thread? I must be confused..:blink:

Anyway, Dan for the album, Jimmy for the tour would be fine with me.:teehee:

Jimmy? Isn't it the Dan thread? I must be confused..:blink:

Anyway, Dan for the album, Jimmy for the tour would be fine with me.:teehee:

Yes, Jimmy! :roftl: I meant that Jimmy said in his interview that Dan is the one who plays on the albums. And it would be fine with me too, because I like them both, I think Dan is really fantastic and I love the idea that he would be on the third album, but on the other hand, Jimmy is amazing on stage and I love team Jimma too :biggrin2: