The Golden Donkey

tauruslady

Boredom is bad.:naughty:

I can't believe I haven't seen a thread about Albert yet! I think he needs one because...:blink:

donkey3.gif

I was googling Golden Donkeys and asses and found this:

http://www.carnaval.com/isis/gold/

(for some reason there is a Perez/Will.I.Am video at the bottom of the page:roftl:)

?!?! Anyone think anything there is related to Albert there?

I have no idea, but it is interesting. It's just that things like Albert make me so curious, he must be something more than a drug addict ass.

I wonder does the song "We are Golden" have anything to do with him...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I haven't seen a thread about Albert yet! I think he needs one because...:blink:

donkey3.gif

(for some reason there is a Perez/Will.I.Am video at the bottom of the page:roftl:)

I have no idea, but it is interesting. It's just that things like Albert make me so curious, he must be something more than a drug addict ass.

yeah, You're right. Albert really deserves a thread. But if I'm not wrong there is a book with this name... a classical one... from greek literature...

yeah, You're right. Albert really deserves a thread. But if I'm not wrong there is a book with this name... a classical one... from greek literature...

" The Metamorphoses " ("The Golden Ass") of Apuleius. I have this book but could not read through) . It is strange enough

I had forgotten about albert haha

and what of "WE ARE GOLDEN" maybe we should wait to hear the song

Mika has reminded us today about Albert in Twitter)

First I thought He spoke about any person:biggrin2:

I'm still convinced it came up as a pun to tease Ella, the Golden Retreiver.

I remmeber Ella's twit from a while ago- somthing like

"oh so that how its going to be? you prefer the golden donkey over the golden retriver?!"

that Mika- such a tease... :blush-anim-cl:

donkey3.gif

I think the album will have Golden in the title, or may even be called, "The Golden Donkey."

Everyone seems to have different opinions of what Albert is...

It could be something to do with old literature or art maybe. -from the link:

The famous novel the Golden Ass was written in Latin in the second century AD by Lucius Apuleius. It tells the story of the journey of the hero Lucius through Thessaly, the land of witchcraft. His curiosity leads to his accidental transformation into an ass, and he finds himself trapped in a world of ever increasing moral depravity. the Golden Ass

is the only surviving novel in Latin

The bawdy and hilarious work, among the most influential of all literary works, finishes with a strong entreaty to embrace the worship of Isis as the path for salvation for your soul.

It is a tale of the transformation and initiation of a young man into ass providing a well-lit stage for the drama of the struggle of the individual to understand the choices faced as they try to make intelligible the crazy world that turns out to be not so different from our own. Using many older stories, Apuleius created a completely new book with a inner message for the soul. This masterpiece of Latin literature can also argue of being the world's first novel, it is the only work of fiction in Latin to have survived in its entirety.

:naughty:

Or it could be simply that Mika is hinting that the (golden) sun shines out of his ass. :mf_rosetinted:

so many possibilities! :rolls_eyes:

Whatever it is, Albert makes me so curious.

i was quite stumped when i first saw mika's twitter page, regarding albert the golden donkey. it's amusingly cute, but i wish i could figure out exactly what it's about...

but then again, that is very mika-esque. he seems to enjoy keeping people curious/guessing and having his little inside jokes and such.

Edited by ncsuemme
DONKEY not monkey!

• 2 weeks later...