Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

lollipop_monkey

Mika's playing across the Bay from metro San Francisco! The second of two California gigs on this tour.

PLEASE ONLY RSVP if you ARE going or MIGHT be going as a courtesy to

those reading the thread -- don't want to have to scroll through hundreds

of NO's. THANKS!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay now the flutterbyes are starting to set it.

Arrghhhhh! SO EXCITED!!! :fangurl: :fangurl:

What a coincidence .... I'm on vacation in California that time ...

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:

Oh HELLZ YES!!!

Did we meet at Sadlers Wells? Or Ancienne Belgique? I'm sorry if we did and I've forgotten, so many faces! :aah:

Oh HELLZ YES!!!

Did we meet at Sadlers Wells? Or Ancienne Belgique? I'm sorry if we did and I've forgotten, so many faces! :aah:

I was in the AB, but I don't think we've met ... Hope we will now in Oakland :wink2:

SO here!

First gig ever, so I apologize if I wet myself. Seriously.

ANYWAYS, on a serious note, what's the queuing situation for these North American shows? I'm wondering if I can make another gig, if my flight arrives at 1:45pm. What do you think?

I can totally come (since I'm on my own...) but i'd need a ride from someone from the LA gig to this one

Some of us are talking about flying... it's about $100 return to and from LA, so if you can swing it....

SO here!

First gig ever, so I apologize if I wet myself. Seriously.

ANYWAYS, on a serious note, what's the queuing situation for these North American shows? I'm wondering if I can make another gig, if my flight arrives at 1:45pm. What do you think?

You're a gig virgin? Oh, yayness! I love me some gig virgins!!!

Right now we're still trying to work out for sure if the venue will be configured with a GA floor, or if it's all reserved. The last GA gig I went to in San Francisco was mellow, actually - not much of a queue until like 5pm! :shocked:

Some of us are talking about flying... it's about $100 return to and from LA, so if you can swing it....

You're a gig virgin? Oh, yayness! I love me some gig virgins!!!

Right now we're still trying to work out for sure if the venue will be configured with a GA floor, or if it's all reserved. The last GA gig I went to in San Francisco was mellow, actually - not much of a queue until like 5pm! :shocked:

You like cleaning up piss? :blink: I guess this is what it's like living with Andrew. JOKING.

Anyways, wow! I'm considering the Philly gig also, and we have a wedding on the 17th. Looked for flights that night but couldn't find any after 5:00pm. So now we're looking at about 7:00am Sunday morning. That would land us in Philidelphia at 1:45pm, and then we'd have to sort out hotel/driving to the actual gig. But 5 o'clock! :shocked:

I just keep thinking, if I ever go to a Mika gig, I'm going to be outside the venue at 6:00 in the morning. Or the night before. :roftl: OH I'm so paranoid.

But thaaaank you! :huglove:

Its going to have both GA & reserved.

http://www.thefoxoakland.com/popartist.php?cID=2167

really not until 5pm? I had seats so i didn't get there until 7pm but i assumed people got there pretty early.

You like cleaning up piss? :blink: I guess this is what it's like living with Andrew. JOKING.

No, it's like moderating MFC. JOKING!! :roftl:

I've never been peed on yet by a gig virgin. Although I cried into a Pepsi at a deserted Denny's after losing my own Mika gig virginity, so I'll call that a close second. :roftl:

No, it's like moderating MFC. JOKING!! :roftl:

I've never been peed on yet by a gig virgin. Although I cried into a Pepsi at a deserted Denny's after losing my own Mika gig virginity, so I'll call that a close second. :roftl:

:lmfao: NAW I DONT BELIEVE IT.

I'll try to hold it in. Or go before.

But yeah, it's going to be tears and bitter fears after this Mika gig. When we met Nono she said that seeing M live ruins your life. But I am SO ready for it!

But yeah, it's going to be tears and bitter fears after this Mika gig. When we met Nono she said that seeing M live ruins your life. But I am SO ready for it!

It ruins your life in the best ways :wink2:

It ruins your life in the best ways :wink2:

I have to ask you!

What the HECK do you do when you meet Mika?!!!? What is an appropriate thing to say? And like, what do you give him?? And how do you ask for a photo or hug or something?

:teehee:

I have to ask you!

What the HECK do you do when you meet Mika?!!!? What is an appropriate thing to say? And like, what do you give him?? And how do you ask for a photo or hug or something?

:teehee:

Um, well I try and plan the things I want to say beforehand, so I don't end up just ogling the poor thing. Personally, I like to joke around with him....swear a little :teehee:

And I give him the most useless things in the world :roftl:

I don't ask for hugs. He initiates them :wub2:

And for photos, I usually don't ask, but if he offers then I will. But I asked the first time, so yeah. :lol3:

Um, well I try and plan the things I want to say beforehand, so I don't end up just ogling the poor thing. Personally, I like to joke around with him....swear a little :teehee:

And I give him the most useless things in the world :roftl:

I don't ask for hugs. He initiates them :wub2:

And for photos, I usually don't ask, but if he offers then I will. But I asked the first time, so yeah. :lol3:

:wub2: :wub2:

just reading this takes me back to that night....

GAHHHH I can't believe that it's happening again! weeeeeeeeeeeee!!! (and possibly twice in one tour!)

OK...so I'm almost 99% sure that I'm coming to this gig...whether I get a ride OR catch a flight (i'd prefer not to have to spend money on a flight but I could swing it if necessary)...i've already got in contact with a friend from the bay area who i'm buying a ticket for as well...

IF I go to Cali I might as well go to this one too... but need a ride from LA... but Siv's not going and I'm going to Cali to see her... IF, again

what to doooooooooooo

gotta remember also that money doesn't grow trees

Flights to San Francisco are CDN $64!! :shocked:

You can swing it. :teehee:

sooooooooooooooo tempting.... I'm already going to Montréal and NYC... now considering LA and Oakland!?!!

I'm turning into Mana...

You say that like it's a bad thing. :teehee:

Come on, embrace the decadence! :naughty:

And again, may I point out that this gig is on my birthday... come on, come to my birthday party!! :roftl::roftl:

i am pretty positive i can go,

but my parents arent home for me to confirm w/ them

and i have a soccer game that day, so i hope its an early one. im still not aware of the schedule.

i also wanted to go to another concert the night before in san fran, so i want to try to insist on staying down there overnight, haha i doubt it though :/