Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

lollipop_monkey

Yeah I figured the food is for sure...but eating and music and now maybe some games just might sweeten the pot. Since queuing should be as fun as you can make it.

Thinking of the "No" game like the one at baby showers where you can't say the word "baby"...and if you do, you get your clothespin/necklace/sticker taken away. The person with the most of these wins. Of course we can Mikaify everything...:wink2:

*mika-ish bracelets/necklaces for the game

*music player...mika tunes and maybe other artists...Michael Jackson, etc.

*snacks and sweets

I'm just brainstorming at the moment so anyone who has any ideas to make waiting time more enjoyable, chime in. :thumb_yello:

Superstar and I have a really nice iPod speaker that is battery powered, so we wouldn't have to worry about plugging it in! We'll see if we can fit that into our suitcases and get it on the plane :naughty:

This sounds like so much fun! :boing: I'm even more excited!

Does anyone know what time we should arrive?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I figured the food is for sure...but eating and music and now maybe some games just might sweeten the pot. Since queuing should be as fun as you can make it.

Thinking of the "No" game like the one at baby showers where you can't say the word "baby"...and if you do, you get your clothespin/necklace/sticker taken away. The person with the most of these wins. Of course we can Mikaify everything...:wink2:

*mika-ish bracelets/necklaces for the game

*music player...mika tunes and maybe other artists...Michael Jackson, etc.

*snacks and sweets

I'm just brainstorming at the moment so anyone who has any ideas to make waiting time more enjoyable, chime in. :thumb_yello:

Totally! I'll see if I can bring bubbles and glitter and such--just cheap stuff that I can leave outside the venue (don't want to be burdened :naughty:).

Our parents are Mika converts so they're coming to the gig (just seated though). But 77red and I are going to make them some Mika shirts so they can pass off as more hardcore fans. :teehee:

Totally! I'll see if I can bring bubbles and glitter and such--just cheap stuff that I can leave outside the venue (don't want to be burdened :naughty:).

Our parents are Mika converts so they're coming to the gig (just seated though). But 77red and I are going to make them some Mika shirts so they can pass off as more hardcore fans. :teehee:

thats exciting! haha. im trying to bring my mum

Superstar and I have a really nice iPod speaker that is battery powered, so we wouldn't have to worry about plugging it in! We'll see if we can fit that into our suitcases and get it on the plane :naughty:

well im still unsure of the time im arriving, i think i have a soccer game that day

then i would have to go home and shower

than drive the 100+ miles

:S

We need to make a sign that reads:

"We're lined up to see MIKA.

MIKA is a "he", not a "she" or a "them".

He's a pop star from Britain.

No, you likely haven't heard of him.

But, he's amazing!!! :mf_lustslow:

(Or, we could just tell people we're there to see Obama or Miley when they inevitably stop and ask. :roftl:)

(Or, we could just tell people we're there to see Obama or Miley when they inevitably stop and ask. :roftl:)

that gave me a good smile and laugh to read!

i think it would be funnier to say the obama/or miley, people would be so jealous to hear there was a private show or something! x]

that gave me a good smile and laugh to read!

i think it would be funnier to say the obama/or miley, people would be so jealous to hear there was a private show or something! x]

haha!! I think whispering to them that its a secret jonas brothers show will do.

Its funny when that people ask...epecially when there's the name on the marquee of the venue. Its like "who are you waiting for?"....*points up* DUH!

haha!! I think whispering to them that its a secret jonas brothers show will do.

Its funny when that people ask...epecially when there's the name on the marquee of the venue. Its like "who are you waiting for?"....*points up* DUH!

haha that would make some girls get insanely jealous! haha!!

oh i know, just shows their cluelessness. xD

i like the game idea. =]

Cant you imagine if we chose to not say "Mika". Goodness. :teehee:

I would love to bring sweets too, im a crazy baker & love to share :cheerful_h4h:

This already sounds funner than any queue i've been in. We just arrive & then sleep, eat, & make fun of people for 12 hours. :naughty:

Mika's the word then. That's awesome, the more sweets the better. Honestly that way of queuing is fun too, especially the people teasing, i mean the people watching.

It would be great if you bring your speaker if you can, if not, no worries. I think I'm just excited since this will be my first time seeing Mika and the vibe of most his fans feels like it should be a celebration. Plus it's going to be Mana's birthday so I'm sure she'll be happy too!:wink2:

Still thinking about the time to arrive, I'll be staying at a hotel near the venue the night before. Since I'm so not the morning person unless I've been staying up all night.

Everyone's getting the spirit, anything at all you can bring will make it merrier. Of course the best thing to bring will be our enthusiasm. And as far as I can tell already, Mika peeps seem to.

So awesome that you can dress your parents up. My mum even offered to camp overnight, well more like volunteered my dad to do it. I told her that probably wouldn't be necessary. :naughty: Used to all those Prince concerts or something.

I owe it all to my mother though, she's the event planner in the family and loves creating awesome parties to bring people together. So I'm just trying to do the best imitation I can of her. :wub2:

p.s. lol at what to tell people who're seeing, imagining the mob scenes and news cameras

Still thinking about the time to arrive, I'll be staying at a hotel near the venue the night before. Since I'm so not the morning person unless I've been staying up all night.

Everyone's getting the spirit, anything at all you can bring will make it merrier. Of course the best thing to bring will be our enthusiasm. And as far as I can tell already, Mika peeps seem to.

So awesome that you can dress your parents up. My mum even offered to camp overnight, well more like volunteered my dad to do it. I told her that probably wouldn't be necessary. :naughty: Used to all those Prince concerts or something.

I owe it all to my mother though, she's the event planner in the family and loves creating awesome parties to bring people together. So I'm just trying to do the best imitation I can of her. :wub2:

p.s. lol at what to tell people who're seeing, imagining the mob scenes and news cameras

We need someone with a cameraphone--so we can TwitPic to Mika and show him how much fun we're having. He won't be able to resist not coming out and joining us! :teehee:

We need someone with a cameraphone--so we can TwitPic to Mika and show him how much fun we're having. He won't be able to resist not coming out and joining us! :teehee:

I have one :freak:

And I can send a twitvideo :das:

I have one, too. And we can send it from the MFC Twitter account, like we did when Mika asked for pics of the NYC queue. :wink2:

I have one, too. And we can send it from the MFC Twitter account, like we did when Mika asked for pics of the NYC queue. :wink2:

Shmancy! :das: Let's try it. It's going to be such a party! :yay:

Any idea when you're going to get there Mana? You have some experience with these things. :teehee:

What idea?

Can we please elope? :snog:

Any idea when you're going to get there Mana? You have some experience with these things. :teehee:

Not yet, I still have to book my flight up from LA at stupid o'clock that morning.

So it'll depend on when my flight gets in, then traversing from SFO to Oakland, seeing if we can check in early or else have the hotel store our bags, then getting our arses into the queue. :naughty:

For the last San Fran gig, though, the crowds were mild. There was really no one there until super late by Mika fan standards - I'm talking like, 4pm. It would be nice if it stayed that way again. :naughty:

HAHA awesome!

:roftl::roftl:

Oh I like the video idea. :thumb_yello:

me too!

Not yet, I still have to book my flight up from LA at stupid o'clock that morning.

So it'll depend on when my flight gets in, then traversing from SFO to Oakland, seeing if we can check in early or else have the hotel store our bags, then getting our arses into the queue. :naughty:

For the last San Fran gig, though, the crowds were mild. There was really no one there until super late by Mika fan standards - I'm talking like, 4pm. It would be nice if it stayed that way again. :naughty:

tell me which flight your booking so I can book the same one... so then we can flyyyyyyyy together... and I assume Christine will be booking the same one as well?