Mika in Chicago, IL at Riviera Theater

lollipop_monkey

I am becoming more and more excited with each passing day you guys. I have not seen him since last Feb. And I havn't had a one on one with him in two years.

I think I am going to buy the 09 addition of the YB and hope like hell that he comes out after or before to sign it. :teehee:

I want him to have a great gig in the chi. We need to step our game up and sing every lyric along with him. LA & NY always get the most love (in my opinion) and Chicago comes in third, always. :aah:

I already have my outfit concept. And I'm designing my own jacket:naughty:

Crazy has returned.

I know... I can't stop thinking about it. We're gonna make him love the midwest and never want to leave! Just thinking about it makes me shake with excitement.

I have no idea what i'm going to wear. I can't decide if I want to dress crazy, or stylish, or mika fan wear head to toe, I don't know! I'm wondering if it's going to be cold though... I don't want to plan an amazing outfit and then have to cover it up with a big coat the whole time.

And you know what else?! I want him to chose the winners of the video competition! The winners get a meet and greet for sure and I want to WIN! I know it's a slim chance but still I want to know! Although we hopefully will still get a meet and greet anyways.

EEEE I'm so excited. 43 DAYS!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know... I can't stop thinking about it. We're gonna make him love the midwest and never want to leave! Just thinking about it makes me shake with excitement.

I have no idea what i'm going to wear. I can't decide if I want to dress crazy, or stylish, or mika fan wear head to toe, I don't know! I'm wondering if it's going to be cold though... I don't want to plan an amazing outfit and then have to cover it up with a big coat the whole time.

And you know what else?! I want him to chose the winners of the video competition! The winners get a meet and greet for sure and I want to WIN! I know it's a slim chance but still I want to know! Although we hopefully will still get a meet and greet anyways.

EEEE I'm so excited. 43 DAYS!

Ugh, I didn't even have time to do a video :aah: and I'm not that brave anyway :naughty: Kudos to you though! I hope you get it!

I am becoming more and more excited with each passing day you guys. I have not seen him since last Feb. And I havn't had a one on one with him in two years.

I think I am going to buy the 09 addition of the YB and hope like hell that he comes out after or before to sign it. :teehee:

I want him to have a great gig in the chi. We need to step our game up and sing every lyric along with him. LA & NY always get the most love (in my opinion) and Chicago comes in third, always. :aah:

I already have my outfit concept. And I'm designing my own jacket:naughty:

Crazy has returned.

Oh my gosh! We are getting so excited each day too. Yesterday our aunt was really freaked because we mentioned that we would go by ourselves and drive up to Chicago. They get freaked out all the time. So NOW our aunt, cousin (who took us last time and actually got to see Mika perform), and our Grandma (who has lived in IL her whole life and has been many many places......besides Chicago) are thinking about taking us. At first they asked if we were even going, and I said Um YEAH we already got the tickets. They were like YOU DID!! We said we got the tickets on MFC presale day (they kinda looked at us wowed, lol)

ANYWAYS.....to make a long story short (too late) we kinda thought that maybe we could drive the 4 hours Monday afternoon and stay in Chicago overnight so we could be at the venue at a decent time......of course no one want to see the most talented beauty of a singer.....:shocked:......their loss.

Would love to get the '09 yearbook. It seems like forever since we last saw him. We have never even gotten to meet him before so we are like shaking. We really want to meet him really bad. Don't know what I'm going to wear. I think we still have a couple of flashing hearts that work......I'm sure I'm going to have to wear a coat.

Sorry for the rambling.....I got carried away.:teehee:

Go ahead and ramble, I understand. I was thinking today about the younger members here and what they could say to their parents about how Mika is to you, what he means. I figure depending on the parents age or relative or whomever, you could say, Dude, this is my Jerry Garcia, or Clash or Elvis or the Eagles/Led Zepplin/Beatles. It might help put it in perspective for the "rents. And it's always good to get on the good side of your parents.

Go ahead and ramble, I understand. I was thinking today about the younger members here and what they could say to their parents about how Mika is to you, what he means. I figure depending on the parents age or relative or whomever, you could say, Dude, this is my Jerry Garcia, or Clash or Elvis or the Eagles/Led Zepplin/Beatles. It might help put it in perspective for the "rents. And it's always good to get on the good side of your parents.

Right. They pretty much know that Mika is our music god. You'd think being 23 they would ease off a little. I know Chicago is a big city though.

With our Mom.....all I have to mention is Bon Jovi and our obsession with Mika is no longer discussed.:naughty::naughty:

I guess I must be a bit more, I don't know.. you come up with it. But my daughter just turned 21, and has been going to concerts by herself for years and years. Since she was 18 at least and she doesn't have a twin! She goes all over in San Francisco to concerts. She's told me about the BART (train) station that she gets off at at sometimes and all the little wrappers around from crack and stuff.

Anyway, I hope it's not too cold in October, I did see the show is all ages so I don't know if they will tag our arms to mark who gets to drink and who doesn't or what and it starts at 7:30 I think.

I'm having a wardrobe dilemna already.

Hi all! Mikasounds.com and Mika's Myspace both say that the Chicago show 10/20 at the Riviera is sold out, but both Ticketmaster and the Riviera's website http://www.jamusa.com/Venues/Riviera/Concerts.aspx are still selling tickets. I don't understand?! I want to buy them, but am worried about some sort of scam if indeed it is already sold out and these websites are still selling tix for some reason... Anyone know why Mika's sites say the show's sold out? Thanks!

Hi all! Mikasounds.com and Mika's Myspace both say that the Chicago show 10/20 at the Riviera is sold out, but both Ticketmaster and the Riviera's website http://www.jamusa.com/Venues/Riviera/Concerts.aspx are still selling tickets. I don't understand?! I want to buy them, but am worried about some sort of scam if indeed it is already sold out and these websites are still selling tix for some reason... Anyone know why Mika's sites say the show's sold out? Thanks!

We bought ours the day of the MFC presale started so we were some of the first people to get them. Then later that day Mikasounds did a presale.

We don't know if they're sold out, but our best bet would be to go ahead and get the tickets at ticketmaster or the Riviera's website. Like sarac said, maybe Mikasounds and his myspace only had a certain amount to sell.

I saw that you had changed it right after I posted that to a YES instead of a maybe. Good! I'm going to have a blast dancing all night.

Me too! I can't wait to meet everyone and go crazy. My sister and my best friend are both excited too. It's all we talk about :teehee: I hope we can meet Mika afterwards :aah:

Me too! I can't wait to meet everyone and go crazy. My sister and my best friend are both excited too. It's all we talk about :teehee: I hope we can meet Mika afterwards :aah:

We better get to meet Mika afterwards!!!:naughty: Didn't get to last time. This time we're excited because who knows he might stay in Chicago since he doesn't have a show the next day and we think the day after that also. He had a show the next day at HOB and plus there was this MASSIVE snow storm ahead.

If someone mentioned this already, forgive me (I have no time to look back :aah:)

Has anyone received their tickets yet? Are we supposed to get them in the mail anytime soon???

Oh and my jacket will look like this but the coat of arms will have an "MB" in a monogram style over the right pocket. Crossing my fingers on this design :mf_lustslow:

http://moodboard.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83539e9ed69e2010535827a7d970b-800wi

If someone mentioned this already, forgive me (I have no time to look back :aah:)

Has anyone received their tickets yet? Are we supposed to get them in the mail anytime soon???

Oh and my jacket will look like this but the coat of arms will have an "MB" in a monogram style over the right pocket. Crossing my fingers on this design :mf_lustslow:

http://moodboard.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83539e9ed69e2010535827a7d970b-800wi

It said in a confirmation email after we ordered ours that they will be mailed 3 weeks before the concert........so maybe the first part of October???:boxed:

I got mine in the mail today and I'm just having a thought.. .. ok.. go with me. I'm listening to Fusion Radio out of Chicago and it's a dance station.. and I was thinking... I wonder if Mika will be at a Radio Station giving an interview before the show...

Thoughts?

I got mine in the mail today and I'm just having a thought.. .. ok.. go with me. I'm listening to Fusion Radio out of Chicago and it's a dance station.. and I was thinking... I wonder if Mika will be at a Radio Station giving an interview before the show...

Thoughts?

Wow that would be fun!

I got my tickets in the mail last Saturday.

We're anxious to be getting ours. We should be soon.

We MAY be going up on Monday afternoon/evening and staying all night. So we may be there at noon or 1.......depending on what our family has planned to do.....(we told them we're waiting in line!) So if all things go successfully we definately want to already be in Chicago the morning of the concert.....it would just put us more at ease.

Quite frankly I'm getting a little envious at the londoners that are getting to see Mika ALL the time recently. We've only seen the man once. I wish we could all be front row singing along all his songs word for word. We want him to love Chicago as much as London.

Were we all going to order glowing stuff or not?