Mika in Chicago, IL at Riviera Theater

lollipop_monkey

If we get there early or any time before you we'd be happy to save a spot in line.....in fact for all of you.

Thank you, girls! You're the best. <3 I will try to find out closer to the time when we plan to get there. I would love to hang with you guys before the show. It's about time we met in person!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww really?? I'd love to take you up on that offer, but i've got a rather large group coming with me, I don't think it'd be fair to just show up and cut in line with 8 people...

True...:naughty:

Thank you, girls! You're the best. <3 I will try to find out closer to the time when we plan to get there. I would love to hang with you guys before the show. It's about time we met in person!

You're welcome. We know it's farther for you than it is for us. It's only about 3 hours.

Can't wait to meet you all!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin2::biggrin2:

How many people would you consider "acceptable" to cut in line? I think I just narrowed it down to four people!

We think 5 or 6 would be acceptable. If people would get mad we could always say you were here and that you just went walking for a bit.:roftl::roftl:

We've got a class on Monday morning and if our dad drives us (wish we could go Monday afternoon or evening and stay so that we'd be in Chicago on October 20th):naughty:. We've got two classes on Tuesday but are soooo ditching them for this.

We think 5 or 6 would be acceptable. If people would get mad we could always say you were here and that you just went walking for a bit.:roftl::roftl:

We've got a class on Monday morning and if our dad drives us (wish we could go Monday afternoon or evening and stay so that we'd be in Chicago on October 20th):naughty:. We've got two classes on Tuesday but are soooo ditching them for this.

Oh, Thank you so much for saving a spot! I really can't wait to meet you two!! You two are the best :thumb_yello:

I am not sure if I am ditching my student teaching or not...I am considering it because I don't think we'd make it in time. I teach from 8-12:30pm and seeing as it's 7 hours...well, it would be a stetch.

Thanks again Twins. My dad and sister are the only ones coming with me. Usually when I save spots I tell the people behind me that I have other people coming so they are at least aware that others will be joining the line.

I am not sure if I am ditching my student teaching or not...I am considering it because I don't think we'd make it in time. I teach from 8-12:30pm and seeing as it's 7 hours...well, it would be a stetch.

Thanks again Twins. My dad and sister are the only ones coming with me. Usually when I save spots I tell the people behind me that I have other people coming so they are at least aware that others will be joining the line.

oh yeah. that's what we'd do. so if we get there early, which we know we probably will, we'll definitely save some spots.:thumb_yello:

We have a teaching class (education) also. hopefully we'll get to student teach in some art classes. that's on mon. morning.

Guys, be careful.

If some of you are among the first 10-15 in line and another MFCer turns up hours and hours later and joins you at the front, you're going to cause an outright war in the queue.

That's not fair to other fans who wait hours and hours for someone to walk in off the street and get in front of them. :blink:

HEY YA'LL!

So this is going to be my first Mika concert! I am so excited!!! My best friend Ariel and I fell in love with him last summer and we have been waiting for this moment since day one!!! So I guess the question I pose to those of you that have seen him before is... Is there a meet and greet before the concert? Do some of the fans get together before hand? What is the whole experience like? Okay... so that is like three questions so pick and choose! :blush-anim-cl:

Hope everyone is well!

Chad

HEY YA'LL!

So this is going to be my first Mika concert! I am so excited!!! My best friend Ariel and I fell in love with him last summer and we have been waiting for this moment since day one!!! So I guess the question I pose to those of you that have seen him before is... Is there a meet and greet before the concert? Do some of the fans get together before hand? What is the whole experience like? Okay... so that is like three questions so pick and choose! :blush-anim-cl:

Hope everyone is well!

Chad

Hey! Welcome to the MFC :) As far as I know, we know nothing about whether there will be a meet and greet. Usually it's after the concert though if he does have one. That's how I met him! If you line up early in the day like we all usually do, you definitely get to know the people around you who are often MFCers! I'm so excited. I hope I have just as much fun as I did last time I went to Chicago to see Mika.

Hello Chicago concert-goers!!

The Riv is about 1 mile straight south of my apartment.

It's not the greatest area of the city, but not that scary, either.

The closest redline el stop is Lawrence-only 1 block away.

Tuesday nights in Uptown aren't usually that wild, so I wouldn't worry.

Last February in Chicago (it was also on a Tuesday) , weather was bad, there was a blizzard/storm on the way, so he left immediately after the show

(so they tell us).

I was in line inside from about noon on, met some others from MFC. (I had my umbrella & blanket, was prepared to wait outside all day!) In line, many people signed a fabric sign, but I didn't get a chance to give it to him.

MUST meet him this year!

We definitely have to meet up!

Leona

Hello Chicago concert-goers!!

The Riv is about 1 mile straight south of my apartment.

It's not the greatest area of the city, but not that scary, either.

The closest redline el stop is Lawrence-only 1 block away.

Tuesday nights in Uptown aren't usually that wild, so I wouldn't worry.

Last February in Chicago (it was also on a Tuesday) , weather was bad, there was a blizzard/storm on the way, so he left immediately after the show

(so they tell us).

I was in line inside from about noon on, met some others from MFC. (I had my umbrella & blanket, was prepared to wait outside all day!) In line, many people signed a fabric sign, but I didn't get a chance to give it to him.

MUST meet him this year!

We definitely have to meet up!

Leona

Hey!!! We SO want to meet him too! Were you in line at HOB inside or outside? We were first in line outside. We met a few MFC'ers but not that much. We didn't get to sign the sign. That's awesome that you live like a mile away.

We should all definitely meet up.....with Mika. There better not be a blizzard this year!

HEY YA'LL!

Hope everyone is well!

Chad

Hi Chad! Welcome to the MFC. Last time we went to Chicago to see him, there was a big old blizzard coming our way and he left right after. So there was no meet and greet. Hopefully there will be one this time. Plus Mika doesn't have a show the day after.:wub2: Fans do get together a lot. At HOB we weren't surrounded by MFCers. We wish we were. Didn't get the free pass thing that was going on at the time so we didn't get to wait inside were a lot of the MFCers were. We remember at HOB that before hand a lot of people exchanged cell phone numbers so we could keep in touch as to where everyone was at that day.

Since we didn't get to wait inside. Lets just say it was Feb. and it was cold, and spitting snow and rain. We started wait at 2p.m. and doors didn't open till 6. IT WAS SO WORTH IT!:roftl:

Guys, be careful.

If some of you are among the first 10-15 in line and another MFCer turns up hours and hours later and joins you at the front, you're going to cause an outright war in the queue.

That's not fair to other fans who wait hours and hours for someone to walk in off the street and get in front of them. :blink:

Yeah we get what you mean, but we at least wanted to save a couple spots for the people we have wanted to meet. At HOB we didn't get to meet hardly any MFCers.

Leonita, we talked to you when we were at HOB didn't we? Hope we can get to meet you.:thumb_yello:

Edited by Haley & Megan Meyer

hello, Meyers!

No, don't think I met you- I was inside- kjoshi called & told me about the 'pass the line' thing, so I ditched Speech class & went straight there, about noon-I met Taylor, kjoshi, her cousin, sorry I am blanking out on other names.

didn't see you or Melanie-

I took some photos of the signs outside the HOB, hard to see but it says "Chicago Fans Rock!" "Mika- Sold Out!"

they are somewhere in here, probably at the end, its not organized--

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg35/leonita_2008/?special_track=nav_tab_my_albums

this time the weather will be perfect!!

It looks like I missed out on the pre-sales. I feel stupid asking this, but when do tickets go on sale and where can I get them? :blush-anim-cl:

We think they start tomorrow. Here is the link to ticketmaster:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=mika&search.x=0&search.y=0

Meyer Twins:thumb_yello:

I won't be getting there until around 3:40 unfortunately, because of school. :sneaky2:

My friend and I are skipping school. :teehee:

We hope to be there early (well at least before noon) if everything works out okay.

Before noon? Does everyone get there that early? I've never done this before, so I don't know these things. :naughty: It's gonna take us about 5 hours to get there, so we're just trying to figure out what time to leave and all that.

So..what time will everyone line up? How soon should we get there to get a good place? :naughty:

WELL, considering I'm at college across the state from where my mom and best friend are (who are both coming with), they are going to drive 2.5 hours from home to my school in grand rapids, pick me up around 10AM when my class is over, then we'll drive another 2.5-3 hours to chicago. Hopefully my Mom won't be like "lets go to the hotel first" and I'll be able to be lined up by 1PM.