TM to presale tix to Mika before MFC and Mikasounds...

followthesound

Hey all MFCers,

I was so happy when I got the news about the exclusive MFC presale of tickets for Mika's next North American tour...

As I don't know his next NYC venue (United Hall) I googled it ended up finding that Ticketmaster will start a presale for American Express Card holders at 10am (EDT) this Wednesday, that is 4 hours before our MFC presale and 7 hours before Mikasounds presale...

:shocked:

Check, http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004315DD4A7A5C?artistid=1105915&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

What does that mean?? AMEX card holders come in front of die-hard fans??

I find this information really disquieting and hope they're presaling different sections and seats via TM and MFC (the best for us of course), but I doubt that. It would be very sad to come here at 2pm just to find that the best seats were taken during Ticketmaster AMEX presale...

Can someone get in touch with the tour producers to try and clarify that?

Best,

Chris

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all MFCers,

I was so happy when I got the news about the exclusive MFC presale of tickets for Mika's next North American tour...

As I don't know his next NYC venue (United Hall) I googled it ended up finding that Ticketmaster will start a presale for American Express Card holders at 10am (EDT) this Wednesday, that is 4 hours before our MFC presale and 7 hours before Mikasounds presale...

:shocked:

Check, http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004315DD4A7A5C?artistid=1105915&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

What does that mean?? AMEX card holders come in front of die-hard fans??

I find this information really disquieting and hope they're presaling different sections and seats via TM and MFC (the best for us of course), but I doubt that. It would be very sad to come here at 2pm just to find that the best seats were taken during Ticketmaster AMEX presale...

Can someone get in touch with the tour producers to try and clarify that?

Best,

Chris

Hi Chris,

We're still a little unclear about all this, unforunately. Mika's managers told us that the 10am thing on the AmEx presale was a mistake, and that our presale at 2pm Eastern would be the very first presale.

They told us the AmEx presale note would be taken down, but clearly it hasn't been. This either means that:

A) This AmEx thing is somehow over Mika's managers' heads, and they can't do anything about it;

B) The 10am thing is a typo, and it will indeed go live sometime after our presale is over, or

C) That the AmEx presale draws from a different pool of tickets than the ones we'll have access to.

I'm sorry we don't have more definitive information for you at this point. Are you going to the NYC show again?

Hi Chris,

We're still a little unclear about all this, unforunately. Mika's managers told us that the 10am thing on the AmEx presale was a mistake, and that our presale at 2pm Eastern would be the very first presale.

They told us the AmEx presale note would be taken down, but clearly it hasn't been. This either means that:

A) This AmEx thing is somehow over Mika's managers' heads, and they can't do anything about it;

B) The 10am thing is a typo, and it will indeed go live sometime after our presale is over, or

C) That the AmEx presale draws from a different pool of tickets than the ones we'll have access to.

I'm sorry we don't have more definitive information for you at this point. Are you going to the NYC show again?

Did you see Team M's latest email .. I thought this covered it? ......

Thanks for the clarifications, Freddiesdouble and lollipop_monkey!!

I haven't seen Team M's e-mail but I'm going to look for them now. I'll be again in NYC one way or another :thumb_yello: and maybe in Philly too.

Best way now is to stick with us :thumb_yello: ... we fully expect to have a MFC only link for tickets , weve already seen a couple of bumps in the road and Deb especially has emailed and dealt with it direct:thumb_yello:

We will update as much as we can :biggrin2:

OK, I see that this Amex link is active -- I could book a ticket for

Row V in the orchestra. I have no idea whether our MFC tickets

will be better or worse... I'm going to hold off on this, though and wait

for the MFC presale.

If nothing else, I'll be sure of getting my Magic Numbers points :wink2:

OK, I see that this Amex link is active -- I could book a ticket for

Row V in the orchestra. I have no idea whether our MFC tickets

will be better or worse... I'm going to hold off on this, though and wait

for the MFC presale.

If nothing else, I'll be sure of getting my Magic Numbers points :wink2:

Good to know - thanks! :thumb_yello:

Row "V" sounds far away *sings alphabet and counts on fingers* :teehee:

Good to know - thanks! :thumb_yello:

Row "V" sounds far away *sings alphabet and counts on fingers* :teehee:

Just tried again, and got row P. Hmm... Maybe the more I try the closer I'll

get to the front... :wink2:

BTW, it looks like VIP area starts with row AA.

Just tried again, and got row P. Hmm... Maybe the more I try the closer I'll

get to the front... :wink2:

BTW, it looks like VIP area starts with row AA.

OH makes you wonder if VIP area tix will be in our pool . . . or completely a special access thingy . . . SO nervous about getting tix . . . but, don't we go though this EVERYTIME! :naughty:

HURRY UP 2:00!!!! :teehee:

Sorry we don't have a clear answer for you. At this point, we have no idea if the MFC seats will be better or worse than the AmEx seats. :tears:

Well... I'll put my faith in MFC and wait for 2pm... anyways just got back from the vet with my cat and now need to hurry to go to work

WHAAAATTTT ?? should I be buying my tix now or waiting for the MFC link ??!?!?!?

Not sure, Vero. Do you have American Express? This presale is only for

American Express Cardholders. I just now got row J in the Orchestra...

this is odd.

OH makes you wonder if VIP area tix will be in our pool . . . or completely a special access thingy . . . SO nervous about getting tix . . . but, don't we go though this EVERYTIME! :naughty:

HURRY UP 2:00!!!! :teehee:

I know, Holly. Just as frustrating for me. I *do* have an American Express,

and I have no idea whether I ought to buy now or wait. It's really

killing me...

If I was going to this gig I would wait for the MFC sale. Not making any promises. That would just be the bet I would make if there is only row P available in the Amex presale. Sounds like they don't have the front rows to me.

EDIT - Row J now? WTF?? :blink:

I know, Holly. Just as frustrating for me. I *do* have an American Express,

and I have no idea whether I ought to buy now or wait. It's really

killing me...

I have been playing with the TicketMaster thing and keep getting offered tix all over the place in the Orchestra Section! :rolls_eyes: I am CONFIDENT that the alloted tix for the MFC Pre-Sale are going to be *better* then the ones offered through the AMEX pre sale! :thumb_yello:

I just don't think they would give us tix that were way in the back! THEY KNOW how we MFCers are! :roftl:

ok well HAVE to leave for work now... good luck everyone for the presale ! hope it all goes smoothly and we get good seats !

bybye!

HOPEFULLY all of us MFCers will be in the same 'general' area! :biggrin2:

Breathe Breathe everyone .. <plays dolphin music>

Thanks Freds but I have to say . . . that is NOT helping! And as the seconds tick by the more and more I 'forget' how to breathe! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

:aah:

I feel your pain .... believe me I do ... the New York pre sale went ace last time , I have full confidence :biggrin2::biggrin2:

OKAY . . . n o w - I am starting to feel a bit better! :naughty:

breathe in - and out - in and out! . . . . :boing: