My Mika college essay

foalbaby14

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first college essay and what better thing to write about than Mika:naughty:

The prompt is an experience that I will remember when I'm 80 years old so I chose my first Mika gig.

Hope you like it:teehee:

The Man Who Changed My Life

June 23, 2009 will be a date I will never forget. Mika performed in New York at Le Poisson Rouge and changed my life. Three years and fifteen hours was worth the wait. He changed my life in so many ways, but this concert put the cherry on top of life changing experiences.

During the summer of 2007 I discovered a musician who changed my life and his name is Mika. I went into my brother’s room one night to ask him a question to find him sleeping. As I was closing the door I saw something written on his white board. It said, ‘Mika Grace Kelly.’ Now I’ve heard of the song before but it didn’t fully click in my mind until I saw it written. So that night I went straight to the computer and went on YouTube and typed in Mika Grace Kelly and up popped the video of Mika performing his hit single, Grace Kelly, on 'Later with Jools Holland'. My whole life changed during that video. Right after that clip I watched all of his music videos and every interview I could find. Obviously I did not sleep that night. The next morning I drove to Target and purchased his CD, Life in Cartoon Motion. Oh, if Mika only knew how my life changed on that ride home. Sadly I discovered him in July 2007 and he just did a gig in Miami a month before in June. However I was determined to find out more gigs that he was doing, and that is where the Mika Fan Club came in.

I joined Mika Fan Club, MFC for short, on December 9, 2007. The Mika Fan Club is the official fan site for Mika. When I finally got the feel of MFC I decided to introduce a Mika project I had been thinking of for a while. A Mika project on the MFC is basically a present for Mika that we will give him. My idea was to get a box and fill it with tea from all over the world because Mika loves tea. Thus I started the thread, which is basically a mini blog, and I had a huge response. When I finally received all the tea bags I placed them in a highly decorated box and mailed it to Washington DC and from there it was mailed to London where Mika got the box from a fellow MFCer who decided to help me out. Another MFCer recorded Mika getting the box. He was so dumbfounded that he got a box of tea. I’ve been on MFC for three years now and I’ve had the best time in my life making so many new friends.

wow realy cool juved it hun

This is my first college essay and what better thing to write about than Mika:naughty:

The prompt is an experience that I will remember when I'm 80 years old so I chose my first Mika gig.

Hope you like it:teehee:

The Man Who Changed My Life

June 23, 2009 will be a date I will never forget. Mika performed in New York at Le Poisson Rouge and changed my life. Three years and fifteen hours was worth the wait. He changed my life in so many ways, but this concert put the cherry on top of life changing experiences.

During the summer of 2007 I discovered a musician who changed my life and his name is Mika. I went into my brother’s room one night to ask him a question to find him sleeping. As I was closing the door I saw something written on his white board. It said, ‘Mika Grace Kelly.’ Now I’ve heard of the song before but it didn’t fully click in my mind until I saw it written. So that night I went straight to the computer and went on YouTube and typed in Mika Grace Kelly and up popped the video of Mika performing his hit single, Grace Kelly, on 'Later with Jools Holland'. My whole life changed during that video. Right after that clip I watched all of his music videos and every interview I could find. Obviously I did not sleep that night. The next morning I drove to Target and purchased his CD, Life in Cartoon Motion. Oh, if Mika only knew how my life changed on that ride home. Sadly I discovered him in July 2007 and he just did a gig in Miami a month before in June. However I was determined to find out more gigs that he was doing, and that is where the Mika Fan Club came in.

I joined Mika Fan Club, MFC for short, on December 9, 2007. The Mika Fan Club is the official fan site for Mika. When I finally got the feel of MFC I decided to introduce a Mika project I had been thinking of for a while. A Mika project on the MFC is basically a present for Mika that we will give him. My idea was to get a box and fill it with tea from all over the world because Mika loves tea. Thus I started the thread, which is basically a mini blog, and I had a huge response. When I finally received all the tea bags I placed them in a highly decorated box and mailed it to Washington DC and from there it was mailed to London where Mika got the box from a fellow MFCer who decided to help me out. Another MFCer recorded Mika getting the box. He was so dumbfounded that he got a box of tea. I’ve been on MFC for three years now and I’ve had the best time in my life making so many new friends.

That is so good! What I will never forget is going to se Mika at Blackpool, and he runs on stage wearing THE JACKET!! I couldn't believe it!!