Seeing Mika live is like...?

superstar

True ...

But AFTER the gig it's twice as bad :aah::roftl:

Hear Hear! :roftl:

+ The hour or 30 minutes or so you have to wait inside, before mika comes up, those are the most frustrating and longest minutes ever!:aah: Expect mood swings, back pain, cramps in your feet, legs, hips, everything hurts! Blood pumping at the same time... People pushing from everywhere... You most probably feel the need to go to the toilet as well even tho you didn't drink much...

:aah:

But then mika comes on and seriously, all your other thoughts vanish, it's weird but it's true.

:wub2::aah:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear Hear! :roftl:

+ The hour or 30 minutes or so you have to wait inside, before mika comes up, those are the most frustrating and longest minutes ever!:aah: Expect mood swings, back pain, cramps in your feet, legs, hips, everything hurts! Blood pumping at the same time... People pushing from everywhere... You most probably feel the need to go to the toilet as well even tho you didn't drink much...

But then mika comes on and seriously, all your other thoughts vanish, it's weird but it's true.

:wub2::aah:

So so so true! :aah:

Mika heals all :wub2:

The "Mika distracts from all pain" thing is so true. My first gig I wore a brand new pair of shoes (also a bad idea - break 'em in first) and had angry dime-sized blisters on the back of my heels.

Didn't notice during the gig though. Or while crying into my Pepsi afterward. Not until showering the next morning, actually. :roftl:

Yeah. You also forget the fact that you haven't eaten for about ten hours. Hence, after the show, it's a good idea to stick close to the walls/something steady to lean on in case you fall over from physical exhaustion...:fisch:

And for the love of Ella, if anyone plans to drink post-gig, EAT SOMETHING FIRST.

Trust me. :mf_rosetinted:

When Mika is talking to you - he looks directly into your eyes....almost as if he can see into your very soul.

I love when people do that. It's just so...intense. :wub2:

Other tips:

• If it's a GA gig, bring as little stuff with you as possible

Yes and, depending on which venue it is, don't bring food in.

Didn't notice during the gig though. Or while crying into my Pepsi afterward. Not until showering the next morning, actually. :roftl:

Cuts/blisters in the shower are torture. :tears:

It might have already been mentioned, but you also lose all feeling of pain in your legs and feet from queuing all day once Mika bounds onto the stage.

:biggrin2:

thats is so true!! once mika appears on stage you instantly forget about every negative feeling such as the pain in your legs etc. :biggrin2:

True .. And it hits you hard!

And the more gigs you go to, the harder it seems to get you :aah::roftl:

That's scary!:blink:

It might have already been mentioned, but you also lose all feeling of pain in your legs and feet from queuing all day once Mika bounds onto the stage.

Yup. You lose everything that is wrong and you feel perfect :biggrin2:

Yes it's true! Like magic!:wub2:

Yes and, depending on which venue it is, don't bring food in.

Maybe not food but it's actually saved my life to have some candy in my pocket, like dried fruit or wine gums. Dextrosol is good too!:biggrin2:

i will plan the next time i see him to somehow not eat too much beforehand, take very little apart from myself and a purse and make sure i get there as early as possible.

the first (and only time) i saw him, i wasn't a big fan beforehand. by the time i got out of the venue i thought i would never stop smiling because i loved it so much.

i've been to a fair few gigs but that was the only one that, when my arms began to hurt from clapping and thrusting them at the stage and my feet were in pain from standing for so long i didn't stop. i just had an adrenaline rush where it didn't matter if i was in pain for the next few days or weeks i was happy and i was living for that moment right there, singing at the top of my lungs. :fangurl:

i want that feeling again :pinkbow:

Just don't drink too much water right before the gig. You don't want to lose your spot by having to go to the washroom, but you don't want to be uncomfortable all night or to pee your pants from all the excitement either.:naughty:

OH I thought that was part of the fun:naughty::shocked::naughty:

THAT could NOT be a More TRUE statement!!!!! :roftl:

IT IS HARD TO IMAGINE :shocked:

BUT SO SO SO SO SO SO T R U E . . .

My first Mika gig . . . OH MY GAWD . . NYC in FEBRUARY . . (my FIRST time EVER *in my LIFE* being in COLD weather) NO COAT/NO JACKET . . .

STOOD ON MY FEET FOR 15 HOURS QUEUEING . . MISERY!!!! MISERY like I have never known it in my LIFE! TORTURE. My feet went through so many different (painful each worse then the previous) stages . . .

PAIN - Sharp shooting pain - numbness- needles & pins - AAAHHHH BY THE TIME we finally got in . . I was standing there dancing cause IT HURT TOO BAD TO BE STILL . . all during the opening act I was in MISERY/the worst pain of my life (next to childbirth) I started KICKING my arse thinking OH GAWD what have I done? YES - I wanted to be front row . . . BUT, now I am NOT even gonna be able to ENJOY the show! What an idiot! :doh:

BUT LIKE PURE *M A G I C* the MOMENT that man appeared on stage I swear I no longer felt an ounce of pain! NOTHING - NADA - no where! It was the most blissful UPHORIC experience of my existence!

. . . Until Lollipop :sneaky2: I couldn't EVEN listen to that song for about 6 months after the show! I got a taste of everything that night! The BEST and the WORST imaginable!

You guys are making me even more excited for my first Mika concert in October!

Too bad I have a dentist appointment the next day. What if the depression hits me while they're cleaning my teeth?:naughty:

Aw I didn't know you were a Mika gig virgin :fangurl:

you guys are making me even more excited for my first mika concert in october!

Too bad i have a dentist appointment the next day. What if the depression hits me while they're cleaning my teeth?:naughty:

Bite the dentist!

You guys are making me even more excited for my first Mika concert in October!

Too bad I have a dentist appointment the next day. What if the depression hits me while they're cleaning my teeth?:naughty:

With a little luck he'll give you some laughing gas ;)

Problem solved :teehee:

I know. Lucky I have an awesome mom :wub2::naughty:

Haha me too. She paid for the tickets and is gonna pay for the gas and food. Plus she's taking off work, letting me skip school for 2 days, and driving me and my friend all the way to Chicago which is 5 or 6 hrs away. :blink: Wow, I didn't even realize how much she was doing till now. :wub2:

Edited by lala_lollies44

Haha me too. She paid for the tickets and is gonna pay for the gas and food. Plus she's taking off work, letting me skip school for 2 days, and driving me and my friend all the way to Chicago which is 5 or 6 hrs away. :blink: Wow, I didn't even realize how much he was doing till now. :wub2:

Aawww!!!! :wub2:

You should DO something special for her when you get back . . just to let her know how much you appreciated it!!! Like make her breakfast in bed . .. or give her a foot massage :roftl:

. . . for you Kira . . . to sum it up :naughty:

Terminal 5

5 a.m. I'm living in a dream. Nothing is real or what it seems. Mornings come and gone as anticipation lingers on. So cold I can't feel my feet, and New York pizza delivered to the street. As onlookers pass by - some wave, some beep, some stop to ask, "Mika.... who the hell is she?"

Minutes seem like hours as hours feel like days. Not knowing how much more of this bitterness I can take. Jamie saves the day when she offers me her blanket. A Florida girl without a coat, of course I'm gonna take it! Doors open throughout the day as the venue staff thinks we are all insane. Some laugh, some stare - but all come to see this ever growing line forming down 56th Street.

One of the kindest gestures that will be remembered forever is when Jerry turned to me, to speak of how miserable I must be. So cold without a coat, he wondered what I'd want. When later up from the street assistants arrived with a wonderful treat. Donut holes and hot chocolate, the fans were truly honored! Time marches on as we sing our songs when out comes Andy with his camera, looking as fine as ever. We sang him a line - Hey Mika you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, he thought it was brilliant and continued on filming. We belted out Love Today and Grace Kelly, what a howling sound when we sang Billy Brown, so bad we almost broke the camera.

The highlight of my existence was when the doors were lifted and standing before my eyes there was an Angel in disguise. More beautiful then could be imagined, for a moment I'd died and gone to heaven. And when he opened his mouth to speak, I felt the blood rush to my feet. Gazing into his eyes was a feeling that is impossible to describe. Absolute perfection for a moment in time, one moment that is eternally mine.

Never to forget how it felt, even still my heart does melt. What a day that forever changed my life, and we were not yet even inside. When darkness fell and barricades were placed we then had security up in our face. Leave it to the MFC to make the tough men laugh. Just three minutes and security was having a blast. The funniest thing to their inquizitive minds, was who is Holy Johnny and why is he on your sign? We explained he once was a whore and now he is a priest at just 24. The puzzled look upon their faces was priceless. Perhaps they'll think twice next time they have something to ask us.

When it's finally time I scream for everyone to get in line. Second one through this is but a dream that finally came true. Mad dash for the front, 12 hours in the making. Feeling so much pain, my entire body is aching. Midway State totally blew my mind, and the guys they were all so very kind.

The following hour was the highlight of my life. We sang, we danced, we cried - we nearly lost our minds. And at the moment is was all through, the entire world was painted blue. Mika withdrawal is really true? Who in the world would have ever knew! It hit me fast, and it hit me hard. Like a ton of bricks crushing my heart. I sobbed like a baby the entire night through. But in the morning awoke renewed.

Took a chance and hopped a plane, beleive you me it was not in vein. Mika made me see that I truly belong. The MFC is my home. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE STANDING IN LINE. We had ourselves a magnificent time. Together we experienced the LEGEND that was to be, much more then mere words or a place in time. We truly made History at Terminal 5.

. . . for you Kira . . . to sum it up :naughty:

Terminal 5

5 a.m. I'm living in a dream. Nothing is real or what it seems. Mornings come and gone as anticipation lingers on. So cold I can't feel my feet, and New York pizza delivered to the street. As onlookers pass by - some wave, some beep, some stop to ask, "Mika.... who the hell is she?"

Better than the Iliad... but still as epic!

I LOVE IT :lmao: