"Mercury rising": Mika on Vanity Fair October 2009 from Mikasounds

mari62

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mika is not recognized as he should be in the US...it is the US who is missing on him!!

He is brilliant.

But the radio won't play him because..........

The 'Majority' of the U.S. is far too stupid to recognize/appreciate ANYTHING that is NOT cookie-cutter MAINSTREAM! America is OBSESSED with Mainstream . . . NEWS FLASH p e o p l e . . . 'maistream' is NOT the shizat! The Shizat is obscures like MIKA who are TOO GOOD to be played on the raido here. I STILL don't effing GET IT . . . .

I spent a WHOLE day contacting the biggest radio stations in Florida . . .

in a quest to 'get some answers' . . . .

I spoke to countless DJ's, Station Managers, and Programme Directors (most of which who were particularly NICE) ALL of them KNEW who Mika was <MUCH to my surprise> *MOST of the DJ's ACTUALLY 'liked' Mika's music - some even went to his show June 17, 2007 at Studio A in Miami*

THE ONLY THING I HEARD ALL DAY WAS: we are NOT allowed to play him at this station! WHY WhY WHY Why WHY W H Y NOT

I NEVER did get a STRAIGHT answer, that was satisfying in the least! :sneaky2:

I am MORE confused n o w then I was before I started this research. :blink:

I SERIOUSLY FEEL - that if Mika was JUST played on the main stations in America - and the MASS public H E A R D him . . . AMERICA would fall in LOVE with Mika! I R E A L L Y do!

So the problem here is NOT necessarily the 'dumb American population' :roftl:

the initial problem lies with the stations and the fact of NO air play therefore NO exposure! Sure CALL the radio stations . . . they ALL know who Mika is . . WALK DOWN THE STREET in any American city/town - YOU ARE LUCKY

if you can find 5 people who have even HEARD of him!

The MFCers who SO promote him . .. . can only DO so much themselves :mf_rosetinted:

IT REALLY IS ONE OF THE MOST FRUSTRATING THINGS E V E R!!!

The 'Majority' of the U.S. is far too stupid to recognize/appreciate ANYTHING that is NOT cookie-cutter MAINSTREAM! America is OBSESSED with Mainstream . . . NEWS FLASH p e o p l e . . . 'maistream' is NOT the shizat! The Shizat is obscures like MIKA who are TOO GOOD to be played on the raido here. I STILL don't effing GET IT . . . .

Wanna know what's funny?

Lost of people here in Portugal say nasty things about Mika...because he's "too mainstream", too "commercial"... :roftl: (same they say about Timberlake & co.)

Wanna know what's funny?

Lost of people here in Portugal say nasty things about Mika...because he's "too mainstream", too "commercial"... :roftl: (same they say about Timberlake & co.)

THAT IS FUNNY!!!! :lmao:

WHAT AN EXTREME opposite! :naughty:

(they say the SAME here about Timberlake - he is EVERYWHERE!) :doh:

. . . and can't even hold a candle to Mika! :mf_rosetinted:

here, luckily, our main radio station and the main brodcaster (a female uhm uhm) has a thing for him (and Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga :thumbdown: but she really dislikes Adele (much like myself) )

anyways- they play him rather often- especially WAG... since its his newest and blah blah...

but he is played at least once a day hear, now more since WAG... so I am very grateful for that...

about what the people on the street (If I may call it that way) well, there are some and some... to most he is just an artist that they can dance to his music- and call him gay, but thats all there is to it really...

some dont know, and the fan comunity is very VERY little... but there are some special...

yes- there are some that REALLY dislike him... but at least they know him...

he is a marmite artist after all :naughty:

here, luckily, our main radio station and the main brodcaster (a female uhm uhm) has a thing for him (and Katy Perry, and Lady Gaga :thumbdown: but she really dislikes Adele (much like myself) )

anyways- they play him rather often- especially WAG... since its his newest and blah blah...

but he is played at least once a day hear, now more since WAG... so I am very grateful for that...

about what the people on the street (If I may call it that way) well, there are some and some... to most he is just an artist that they can dance to his music- and call him gay, but thats all there is to it really...

some dont know, and the fan comunity is very VERY little... but there are some special...

yes- there are some that REALLY dislike him... but at least they know him...

he is a marmite artist after all :naughty:

Indeed! either love him or hate him. :naughty:

Wanna know what's funny?

They used to, yes...

I shot'em all...:naughty:

I heard WAG everyday this week several times a day on "Comercial"...:shocked:

And they seem to like it a lot!:thumb_yello:

It was played 3 times in an Algarve disco (same night)...

And they know who he is at FNAC!:shocked::shocked::shocked::mf_rosetinted:

When i bought LICM last year they asked back: Mike who? :dunno::sneaky2: