Elton John

Dark Angel

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you going to see him? I'm seeing him twice in June too, Linz and Graz, both Austria

He is coming to Budapest, too:wub2:

Btw, Thank you very much for your reply to me on the other thread:

Elton is not so vocal about Mika like Brian May does, but he loves plugging in names of young artists that he likes in interviews, when you just read it once you don't notice those names much, but when you read about 2+ different interviews you'll totally get that he digs that certain artists. Elton doesn't talk about untalented artist that enthusiastically so normally he's my music guide since his range of listening is so damn wide and he has good ears. I remember in one interview they asked him about young British talents and he said something along the line "We are lucky we got talented youngster like Mika "

I have been following Mika since he appearerd in mainstream media in January2007 (even before the release of LICM) but I never heard Elton John say anything about him. May I ask you try to give some more details about that EJ quote? (e.g when it was and if it was an interview for a paper or tv..etc. I'd love to hear it..:blush-anim-cl:

As for Paul Buckmaster's work on Mika records, the first thing that comes to my mind is the violins on PUOTF... I love it...:wub2:

Strange thing...I could still find one of the articles using Google some days ago and now can't any more <.<!

And it's such an old interview the EJ fanclubs don't keep it anymore, I'm sorry :(

Strange thing...I could still find one of the articles using Google some days ago and now can't any more <.<!

And it's such an old interview the EJ fanclubs don't keep it anymore, I'm sorry :(

Holy cow... that must be very old then. would have loved to read that one

• 3 months later...

surprised theres not more sir. elton john fans.

Mikas cover of "i guess thats why they call it the blues"

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Would love to hear him do "song for guy" know its not a song but only piano playing... but only hear Mika play piano and see how much he can.... :naughty: NOBODY can play better piano than Reggie if you ask me...

Just back from 2 concerts of EJ in the 19th and 20th of June

The old boys are still sooo energetic. Really looking forward to his new album this October

• 2 months later...

I didn't know there was a thread about Elton John! I've been a fan of Elton since his single Lucy in the Sky. My God, that's a long time ago!

I've seen him several times at concerts here in the Netherlands. the first time was in 1977, in Amsterdam, Concertgebouw. I've spoken with him after the concert. He even invited me and my friend to come to his afterparty! But my parents wouldn't let us! :boxed:

In those days my father worked in several international hotels in Amsterdam. And there he saw Elton John more than ones. He got several presents from Elton, I treasure these! it's a wine bottle (the wine we drank!) and photo's with signature, and a lovely picture disc!

I didn't know there was a thread about Elton John! I've been a fan of Elton since his single Lucy in the Sky. My God, that's a long time ago!

I've seen him several times at concerts here in the Netherlands. the first time was in 1977, in Amsterdam, Concertgebouw. I've spoken with him after the concert. He even invited me and my friend to come to his afterparty! But my parents wouldn't let us! :boxed:

In those days my father worked in several international hotels in Amsterdam. And there he saw Elton John more than ones. He got several presents from Elton, I treasure these! it's a wine bottle (the wine we drank!) and photo's with signature, and a lovely picture disc!

We've been to the same concerts then, I'm a fan since his duet with Kiki Dee in 1976.

I've seen him several times too, I don't remember when was the first time, and how many times.

His shows are always a plearure to see.:biggrin2:

We've been to the same concerts then, I'm a fan since his duet with Kiki Dee in 1976.

I've seen him several times too, I don't remember when was the first time, and how many times.

His shows are always a plearure to see.:biggrin2:

I've seen him in Ahoy and the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam! The last concerts I couldn't see, because I was abroad at that time!

I've seen him in Ahoy and the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam! The last concerts I couldn't see, because I was abroad at that time!

I've only seen him many times in Ahoy, and once in Belgium, and he did a show with Eric Clapton, Elton first and then Eric, I think that was in De Kuip.

The last time I saw him was a solo show, but I prefer a big show.

had a talk w. my mum last week while listning to elton about his is not that young and his heart probs... made her and me very close to cry.... :tears: I cant imagine my mums reation when its "his time" she has been a fan of him since the 70 and the only one she has been a BIG fan of... seen live a few times, meet (and she was like a teen after :roftl: less than 10 years ago... and she is 48 now... )

So reggie is 63 now... hope he still will be here in 20 years time...

I've only seen him many times in Ahoy, and once in Belgium, and he did a show with Eric Clapton, Elton first and then Eric, I think that was in De Kuip.

The last time I saw him was a solo show, but I prefer a big show.

Elton is AWESOME live... have seen him srval time live and meet him (vip) such a sweet and kind guy) will never ever forget. My mum was lke a teen :roftl:

i Love Elton thx to my mum... grew up "forcd" listning to him. I still remember a day where me and my mum were home alone 10+ years ago w. reggie on the cd/lp player dancing around hand in hand. We still does that when we are alone... and to Mika too cos she likes him too :wub2:

Elton is AWESOME live... have seen him srval time live and meet him (vip) such a sweet and kind guy) will never ever forget. My mum was lke a teen :roftl:

I'm a fan since I was 15, didn't see him in the past years, have been to so many other concerts of different bands and artists,

tomorrow I'm gonna see Within Temptation and last week I saw Guns 'n Roses, that was realy AWESOME, :sorry: wrong thread.

I'm a fan since I was 15, didn't see him in the past years, have been to so many other concerts of different bands and artists,

tomorrow I'm gonna see Within Temptation and last week I saw Guns 'n Roses, that was realy AWESOME, :sorry: wrong thread.

REPORT IN THE GUNS N ROSES THREAD PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE.... im begging you! :bow::biggrin2:

I saw gnr live in June cos one from gnr is a friend of mine so he gave me show tix and after party tix and it was AWESOME!!!!!! except for when the seurity had to help me out at the gig cos peeps were pushing so much so i could hardly breath (was front row almost in the middle... most to the left cos of bfoot) missed 2 songs :crybaby: