Mika: The eternal teenager of pop bursts his bubble (Que.es,16.09.09)

Queenie

This is an article from a free newspaper in Spain. Enjoy it

mikanormal-301xXx80.jpg

Mika: The eternal teenager of pop bursts his bubble

After selling 6 millions of copies of his debut album, the lebanese singer Mika retuns this Tuesday with a new album

You know his songs and you dance them. His name sounds familiar. You could even put a face to his childish voice that have dazzled 6 millions of people.

But, who´s really Mika? Who´s that boy with deep voice and with a wide high-pitched scale? Is he a boy, a teen, a perpetual Peter Pan or the new adorable "freak" of music?

He confesses that "he doesn´t even know", admits this 20something born in Lebanon, France raised & London resident.

"I had so much creativity when i was younger, but socially i was an island. I´ve created a parallel world that travels in my songs". A world that bursts now and is open to everyone who wants with his swecond album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much". "In my first album there was childhood references. In this album there are happiness, weakness & a little dose of bitterness. In other words, all the things that i felt when i was a teenager."

What does a teenager worry about? "Make things that make you smile. Live in a weird small world. What i´ve always done", laughs Mika

He talked about all this subjects with Qué! & Que.es: sex, relationships at the school, his family, money...Mika, at last, burst his bubble, came out from the world of colour he lives in and confessed some secrets, unthinktable at this date to come out of his mouth.

For example, regarding of sexual relationships, gossip surrounds Mika. Is the boy who sings "Grace Kelly" gay? "I don´t consider myself effeminate, although i could be considered that in a boys school. I didn´t belong to that world and i feared that would tear me apart".

The subjects bothers Mika, but considering that his album talks about teenage memories, sex is a key: "I wasn´t promiscous, but i did things that i shouldn´t have done. Like everybody, right?".

Talking about his musci relaxes him: "I make pop tunes & and i do this because i enjoy like a kid."

Mika distances himself of the critics: "I´m not ashamed of my music. I never thought that i would ever be listened by anybody, how this was gonna be perceived. I created a world for my music to live in".

And what a world!: he composes, sings, and takes part of the artistic & visual sides...Some people compare him with Freddie Mercury. "I´m happily ignorant", he laughs

http://www.que.es/gente/espectaculos/200909161456-mika-eterno-adolescente-musica-rompe.html

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Queenie!

Talking about his musci relaxes him: "I make pop tunes & and i do this because i enjoy like a kid."

And what a world!: he composes, sings, and takes part of the artistic & visual sides...Some people compare him with Freddie Mercury.

"I´m happily ignorant", he laughs

:biggrin2::naughty::wub2:

So in this one he says he wasn't promiscuous, and in another one he says slightly promiscuous. He doesn't want to appear bad I think.

Thanks for posting.

Maybe it depends of the market where he´s talking to?

I don´t think he would have any problem saying here that he was a bit promiscuous,but up to him :naughty: