Your reviews of TBWKTM

Okay, i managed to write a proper and short review, well at least that's what i think :naughty:

We are golden; I love it! it's big and loud i think it's a proper album-opener but obviously i don't listen to it as much now that i have all these other beautiful new songs :wub2:

Blame it on the girls; I honestly dislike the vibrating-like sound in the back :boxed: and his voice is kindda robotic during the verses...so it could be better IMO. i love love love Rain, i couldn't stand the way it was before but now i adore it :biggrin2:

As for the rest of the songs, i'm still not so sure about Touches You, i like the idea behind the lyrics but the sound is not that original...

Good gone girl, Dr.john both are brilliant, One foot boy is absolutely my fave great dance beat into it. I see you and Pick up are really wonderful love the string work in Pick up, and it's a unique song i guess, i can visualize the girl "walking around an empty town" like it's a movie...and i think after Over my shoulder this would be my sleeping time song :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Oh and did i mention how surprised i am with By the time? :wub2: i thought it's the one i hate the most but it's great. their voices work so neat together :wub2:

So that's about it, i think to be fair this album doesn't beat the first one BUT it's no less and it's gorgeous! love the artwork...i was just about speechless when i saw the booklet...:wub2:

5 out of 6 stars, so that others won't be jealous :mf_rosetinted:

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't get me wrong, it's a great song and it's a great composition with a great storyline. But it fits on the EP alone in my opinion, and not the album.

I have to agree with you Caz. I do love Toy Boy, it's a unique and brilliant song. It DID fit on Songs For Sorrow because it's a sad tale, like Lady Jane, Blue Eyes and Lonely Alcoholic. But imo Mika should have put SFS on general release. He could still have had a limited edition with the artbook, but I thought it was such a waste of rescorces to just have the limited edition EP.

My thought is that if he had put SFS on general release it would have wetted the public's appitite for the new album. He could then have left BE and TB on the SFS EP, and added HMDYLM to the album. HMDYLM would have fit so well into the teenage theme.

This is, of course, only my opinion. Mika has deffinately made a brilliant second album. It's more mature than LICM, but it is still Mika's style, and I love it.

I have to agree with you Caz. I do love Toy Boy, it's a unique and brilliant song. It DID fit on Songs For Sorrow because it's a sad tale, like Lady Jane, Blue Eyes and Lonely Alcoholic. But imo Mika should have put SFS on general release. He could still have had a limited edition with the artbook, but I thought it was such a waste of rescorces to just have the limited edition EP.

My thought is that if he had put SFS on general release it would have wetted the public's appitite for the new album. He could then have left BE and TB on the SFS EP, and added HMDYLM to the album. HMDYLM would have fit so well into the teenage theme.

This is, of course, only my opinion. Mika has deffinately made a brilliant second album. It's more mature than LICM, but it is still Mika's style, and I love it.

I do have to agree with everything you said, Marilyn!

I do have to agree with everything you said, Marilyn!

Thanks for that. I'm really hoping that Mika will record HMDYLM on something soon. It really is a great song. Even if he changes it a bit, like he did with Rain, or adds to it, like he did with I'm Falling/I See You, I would still love him to record that beautiful song!

I also hope we haven't seen the last of Holy Johnny!